“Perfect.”
Review of Abbey Court Hotel

Abbey Court Hotel
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My family were saying at St.Pierre Park down the road so i needed somewhere nearby, I stayed in a single room and picked this hotel as it was the cheapest at the time.
All the staff are very friendly and always make sure you have everything you need. Barstaff were great, breakfasts were good and the room was extremely clean. Ten minute walk into town, when I go back to Guernsey I will be sure to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Spent one night here and found it very comfortable. The room was clean and reasonably spacious, the beds were very comfortable (which is not always the case!), and the shower was very powerful and wonderful - such a change from those pathetic trickles you often get. I found the owner and staff vey pleasant and helpful - helped with booking trip and taxis; gave lots of good advice about what to see. There's good Internet access in the lounge (free!), and a very sweet cat - very relaxing to stroke. I would recommend this hotel, and don't understand the negative reviews given.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scotslassi
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I enjoyed a 10 night stay here and was pleased with everything about the hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful and the food and choice at breakfast was great. It was also good that this was served from 8 till 10 each morning. My room was comfortable and clean with everything I needed. The shower was powerful and easy to use (which isn't always the case in some places). The location is also good with a pleasant 10/15 minute walk down into town, and a bus stop to catch the airport bus only a few minutes away. The lounge area has computers for guests' use and a wide screen tv. I look forward to revisiting Guernsey, and staying again at The Abbey Court hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed for 3 days problems listed below:
1. arrived to be glared at by several staff members smoking and messing around in car park.
2. were told that we wernt booked in and are full, even after confirming with boss twice before our holiday.
3. boss was away on a concert and doesnt want to be contacted unless its 'urgent'
4. we insist boss is contacted and he manages to arrange a spare room for us.
5. boss returns the next day and is clearly above it all, we were an inconvenience.
6. first breakfast was left as atmosphere in hotel was unpleasant and had a human eyelash in the egg.
7. second breakfast was left as bread was mouldy and atmosphere was unpleasant.
8. boss asked us on our departure 'how much did i say i would charge you' so we said '£x amount of pounds' he went absolutely mental and said 'there is no way I would have said that but I cant remember what I said' - he then tried to chage us double the agreed amount...

That was our experience, I hope it was a one off for the sake of everyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Ricky A
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My colleague and I stated here for 2 nights in a twin room. It was actually a family room we got. So basically we got a room each with a shared bathroom. Wonderfully clean hotel, great service and really nice food.

Everything we asked for off Ian and Karen was no problem.

I would recommend to anybody heading to Guernsey to stay here. If we have more work over there, I'll be sure to stay here again.

Thanks again

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank davejem
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My Wife & I recently stayed here, along with both of our Mothers.
The hotel is in a very convenient location, just a pleasant 10 minute walk into St. Peter Port, though I imagine the walk back up the steep hill would take a little longer!
Our room was a very good size &,although we were at the front of the hotel & facing a busy road, there was no noise disturbance.
The room was cleaned to a very high standard daily along with fresh towels each day, something of a rarity in a small hotel, in my experience.
Breakfast on all 3 days of our stay was very good. A good choice & well cooked.
On the whole, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anybody, but there are one or two issues that, I feel, could do with addressing!

Firstly, parking is very "complicated". There were several contractors vehicles there during our stay that took up a lot of space & weren't always parked very considerately, I had to park my hire car on the footpath outside the hotel, not an ideal situation!

On our first night we ate dinner in the hotel restaurant, this turned out to be a little disappointing for a couple of us. I don't know if we caught them unawares, but one portion of fish was barely more than fish-finger sized & there wasn't enough of my home-baked ham to make a sandwich! However, the quality was very high & nobody else had any complaints.
I'd highly recommend the Abbey Court slice for dessert, absolutely delicious!
On the day we left the local newspaper had a full page review of the restaurant & praised it for the quality & also portion size, maybe we just caught them on an off day!
During our stay the hotel was undergoing an ongoing re-furbishment of some areas, this was in no way disruptive.
Another thing that I found slightly unsettling was the lack of "paperwork".
I had booked directly through the hotel's website & only had informal e-mails that didn't really acknowledge any firm reservation. I rang the hotel several times to ask for something a little more "concrete" &, despite being told that this would be forthcoming, nothing ever arrived. A little unsettling when you don't have anything to prove your reservation.
When it came to settling the bill at the end of our stay, there was no record of the deposit I had paid & it took a phone call to prove to the guy on reception that I had paid a deposit. A simple e-mail with acknowledgement of receipt would have made check-out a lot simpler & stress free!

On the whole, I would recommend this hotel to anybody, especially if you don't want to pay the premium that the "sea front" hotels charge.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shaunwalulu
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Just got back from a weekend in Guernsey and had a lovely stay at the Abbey Court Hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by how reasonaly priced the rooms were. We had a huge room each, both were super clean and the bathroom was lovely, clean and fresh and plenty of towels. The breakfast was excellent with good genourous portions and plenty to choose from. Good location can walk into town easily, takes about 10mins. Would definately recommend this hotel to anyone going to Guernsey and would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends