The Marton Guest House
US$216
US$215
US$205
La Fregate Hotel(St Peter Port)
US$222
Grange Lodge Hotel(St Peter Port)
US$140
Duke of Normandie Hotel(St Peter Port)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$341
Les Rocquettes(St Peter Port)
US$194
Fermain Valley Hotel(St Peter Port)
US$268
  • Restaurant
US$236
US$202
Priceline
All reviewssister hotelroom appeared to have beensteep climbkipperscomfy bedcooked breakfasthigh standardmeritonpandorahillbathguernseybusestaxiisland
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed at the Marton for 7days,staff very friendly and helpful,room was a good size and bed comfy,breakfast was excellent, pleasant gardens to sit in after that steep climb from town. Very clean and good value for money,would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stefan E
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Have just got back from 7 days in Guernsey and a friend and I stayed at this guest house. It is a steep climb up from the harbour but it was good to be so close to the centre. The Marton is in need of a redecoration but we had a good sized room with comfortable beds and a small sitting area. The garden was lovely and we were able to sit out and enjoy the sunshine. Shame that the bar was now closed but we found a supermarket and bought our own drinks to enjoy in the sunshine. The staff were really friendly and the breakfasts were superb. Freshly cooked eggs or fish, plus cereals and the most wonderful yoghurt. A very good bed and breakfast hotel that I would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter especially on the nights when the dustmen come at 3am
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank WNTMKL
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We spent two nights at the Marton Guest House. We felt it offered value for money. Very clean throughout, a good breakfast each morning, and friendly and helpful staff. A steep climb up the hill, but relatively close to all facilities.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank crawshaw
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Just returned from a weeks fishing in Guernsey and stayed at the Marton. Read some of the "not so good reviews" just before leaving home and was a little nervous of what to expect. Yes the decor is dated but we had 3 rooms between us and all 3 were comfortable clean and tidy, just the ticket. As we left early each day I cannot comment on the breakfasts but the dining room looked fine. The staff were very good especially Tania who ensured we had everything we needed. Would also like to add that we spent a little time in The Dorset Arms, a great pub just 1 minutes walk down the hill.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mikemachen
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Our party of four have just returned from a weeks fishing trip in Guernsey and selected this hotel as it ticked all the boxes that we required.

Two of my colleagues shared a twin room and were very happy with this, one other preferred to have a twin for himself and he again was very pleased. I took a double bedroom for myself and didn't get of to the best of starts!

I was shown to a room on the top floor based in the roofline. The problem here was that as I got out of bed I banged my head on the slanted ceiling. Again it was impossible to stand in the bath at one end because of the afforementioned roof line!

I complained next morning to our receptionist TANYA who said she would look into it for me. This was where everything got better and better the longer I stayed. First of all she located me a new room, (Room 26) which whilst accepting that some parts looked dated it had a completely new bathroom suite recently installed. I was only paying £50 per night having negotiated no breakfast as the fishing required an early start. I have paid over a £100 a night to stay in accomodation far inferior to this.

With regard to the steep hill can I suggest consideration is given to using the taxi service on the Island. The most we ever paid was £7 to travel back from the far side of St Peter Port to the hotel for four people after 22.00hrs..

There is a superb pub The Dorset Arms situated 100 yards down the hill that always made us feel most welcome (unfortunately no food).

Everything was clean at the hotel and we were all agreed that the star of the show was Tanya who even helped us to find somewhere at their sister hotel (the Pandora) to keep our caught fish frozen.

If we go fishing again, very happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and get room 26!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends