“Outstanding atmosphere and good value for money.”
Review of Smugglers Grill & Bar - CLOSED

Smugglers Grill & Bar
Price range: US$16 - US$57
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Smugglers eclectic menu features a new spin on fresh Produce and a variety of Seafood preparations alongside steaks, burgers, pastas, vegetarian dishes and exiting desserts.And if it's just a drink you're after, you can nestle into the Bar with one of our famous Cosmopolitans, Martinis, Shooters or a glass of wine selected from a list that features good values from around the world.Come join us at Smugglers, and begin your new Guernsey tradition.
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding atmosphere and good value for money.”
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Smugglers is a great place to go whether your going to be eating out with the family, having a few drinks with friends or even just a coffee!
A wonderful place to feel relaxed and the atmosphere sets it off with the extra friendly staff creating a playful enjoyable ambience!

2 Thank claudiaaguiar

Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Cheap and Cheerless, food is mediocre”
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I ate here on a Busy Saturday night, and had what I considered to be a bad meal, with poor slow service, low food quality, and the Restaurant exceptionally hot.
I went back a month later, at Lunchtime, with only 1 other table occupied, but still poor service, the Lasagne was the worst I have ever tasted (1cm deep, mostly chewy cheese, little meat, and swimming in grease). My 3 dining companions weren't able to eat theirs (also had Lasagne) and left 75% on the plates. I told the Waitress it was bad, she did nothing, except adopt a surly expression for the remainder of the meal. I won't be going back or recommending it.

3 Thank SarnianVoyager
northampton
“Not really that good...”
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We visited this restaurant with our children when on holiday in Guernsey. The wrong food was delivered for my daughter, and then replaced - minus the side order with a dish that appeared to have been heated up quickly. Our order was also incorrect. The food was average, and the staff did adjust the bill when we explained the mistake. but we wouldnt rush back.....

1 Thank cdcdcd
London
“I popped in for a spot of lunch with my...”
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I popped in for a spot of lunch with my boyfriend today, this restaurant was so terrible that I felt compelled to write about it.

Was served a pathetically small portion of nachos which looked like someones leftovers or the scraps from the end of the bag. After complaining, the waiter rudely retorted 'that's how we serve nachos' as if I were wrong! Even though we sent the nachos back, they were sneakily kept on our bill!

This restaurant probably does good trade owing to it's fortunate positioning on the sea front attracting poor unsuspecting tourists.

Poor food, deplorable service, overpriced for what you are served. Staff need a lesson in customer service!

Don't go!!

Extremely

3 Thank maddyhaha
Guernsey, Channel Islands
“Nothing fresh or local about the food here”
Reviewed 20 April 2010

We recently came across this restaurant whilst out for a walk in St.Peter Port and after reading the menu outside we were pleased to see so much seafood on the menu. The interior of the restaurant, though narrow, was well laid out with a nice sized bar. The server who dealt with us told us we would have a short wait for a table as we had not reserved one, and within 10 minutes we were at our table. A good start.
We both ordered seafood for starters and main courses. These did not take very long to come. After tasting it, we could see why. Maybe they had used the microwave to cook it. None of the food was fresh or local (as advertised on their menu), it was very bland and had no taste. It was all cooked from frozen except for the prawns on my seafood main which actually tasted like real prawns. The server who took our dishes away made a comment about my leaving most of my main course and after telling him that I thought it didnt taste very nice or fresh, he made a rude comment about me sounding like I knew what I was talking about (??) and never apologised! What happened to the customer being right? Clearly this does not apply in this establishment.
I later found out that the owners are that of another failed, local eaterie.....so that might explain why the food was no good. We wont be eating there again, and after speaking to other local people, have found that they had similar bad experiences with the food.....What a shame. This place could have had real potential with a bit of hard work and fresh food!

4 Thank djclaire