“St Pierre Parc”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“St Pierre Parc”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

This is a very good hotel. The food was outstanding and the facilities excellent. The grounds, lake and golf course are beautiful. The staff go out of their way to help you and everything runs smoothly. The only reason I have not graded this excellent is that the duvet was very thin and I was cold in bed. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: one overlooking the extensive grounds
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Lancashire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I spent two nights in the hotel. I would rate it as good rather than excellent. It is a friendly and well run hotel with prompt service and pretty reasonable prices for the area. A couple of niggles - the wi-fi was intermittent in my room of the 2nd floor, my room was very hot and I couldn't find a way of cooling it down and the tea tray was sparse. Walls are quite thin so I was treated to some midnight sneezing and coughing from my neighbour that sounded as though it was 2 feet from my head. Gave me quite a fright I can tell you to be woken by an earth shaking sneeze just after I had got to sleep.

That said the breakfast was excellent and extensive and the spar facilities good too.

Clean, comfortable and friendly. It would not take much for it to hit the excellent category across the board.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CheshireChap58
Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed here for three nights.Reception on arrival was excellent and friendly.The room was spacious overlooking a children's playground and the all weather tennis courts. The room was spacious with a large double bed,plenty of storage and a refurbished en suite bathroom.This is a very well run hotel,breakfast service was one of the best I've seen anywhere,staff have clearly defined roles and are reallly efficient.The breakfast buffet was plentiful and the cooked food was really tasty. Which is strange because the evening meals weren't.The menu was what you could call international,I think Guernsey was mentioned once on the menu.And that's an issue.You do expect locally sourced food. The menu doesn't change-there is no nightly special.We didn't eat in the main restaurant because it has absolutely no character at all.It must double as a balllrooom as it has its own glitterball.We ate in the bar twice and on the final night we discovered the Renoir cafe.This happened by accident as the bar was full as the hotel was staging a wrestling event. The Renoir is the best public room in the hotel but only seems to open intermittently. There is so much to be positive about but yet the hotel lacks indivduality-it's built for the conference and wedding business mainly so as a couple you feeel you are just a filler in to increase occupancy rates.This was summed up on our last night by a duty manager who asked if we were resident-there is no sense in which you feel that the management wants to get to know you and encourage repeat business. A Guernsey resident summed this hotel up as being tired and some parts are-the leisure pool area is not just tired, it's completely exhausted. The hotel is refurbishing and repainting-the work started in the corridor outside our room at 7.30 am! Overall I wish the hotel well in what it's trying to do to the fabric of the building,I just wish it could try a bit harder to make the indivdual guest feel more valued and make the experience more specifically Guernsey.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden avoid road noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Bideford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Spent five nights at this excellent hotel, one of the best we have ever stayed in. Great room with balcony overlooking lake, sun streaming in during afternoon, very comfy bed, all hotel spotless. Staff all extremely helpful and the admin very efficient. As we arrived a member of staff rushed out with a luggage trolley, another member insisted on helping when we left. Food was good and as we were a party of 21 we chose the the night before and each persons choice was on a card in front of us so not only could we know what we had chosed it was easy for staff to put the right dish down without having to keep shouting out. The breakfasts were magnificent so much choice. We managed a couple of swims in the pool that was at a good temperature and not overwhelmed with chlorine or chemicals, so often found in indoor pools. Thank you to management and staff for this excellent hotel, would be very happy to return and recommend to others

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies on first floor like 362 large and sunny, good wifi connection
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed at st Pierre for three night.I had a very nice room with a balcony over looking the tennis courts. Very comfy bed and a great TV and DVD player. Bathroom was clean and modern. The room did get a bit warm even after turning off the radiator and there was no air con. The food was great. Lots to choose from. Great location as it was only a short bus ride into town. There were only two things that spoiled my trip. First was that my room had no Wifi. I reported this to reception straight away but the only thing they could suggest was that I came down in to the public area to pick it up. This is not very helpful when I had work to do. Second was the very noisy school group that came to stay. I spent the afternoon and 1 night feeling like I was staying in a 18-30's hotel. I know the hotel had no control over the children but may be they should have put all the students in one part of the hotel insted of spreading them out and made sure the teachers supervised them more. The noise and the lanugage as not nice.

Room Tip: The rooms with balcony's over looking the tennis courts get the sun in the afternoon. Which afte...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed here recently for 4 nights and really enjoyed out visit. Staff were extremely helpful.
Rooms very clean and tidy and even a coffee machine in the room. Lovely hotel. Nice to stay somewhere that serves bacon properly cooked. We will be back...

Room Tip: Stayed for 4 nights and really enjoyed our visit. Staff were extremely helpful. Hotel very clean a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed for 3 nights over the weekend and found all the staff and facilities excellent. Our room and balcony overlooked the gardens, golf course and ornamental lake. The room was superbly furnished with a large queen size double bed, modern bathroom, HD TV, DVD player, steam iron, tea making facilities and a nespresso coffee machine. We did however find the room very warm and had to turn the radiator off and open the balcony door.
The health spa had a gym, large swimming pool with separate sauna and steam rooms in the men and women changing rooms.
The breakfasts were delicious with a help yourself buffet of fruit, yogurt, cereals, eggs, bacon, sausages etc. The evening meal in Cafe Renoir was also very good. We found all the staff courteous, helpful and efficient. We would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear overlook the gardens and golf course.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Cobo Bay Hotel
Cobo Bay Hotel
#3 of 6 in Castel
BEST WESTERN Moores Central Hotel

Been to St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!