“Good stay”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
London, United Kingdom
“Good stay”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is pleasant if looking a little dated from outside! The rooms were clean and breakfast was good. The kids enjoyed using the pool which was really nice. The grounds of the hotel are also lovely and it's well located, we were able to walk into St. Peter port in 15-20 mins. Staff were mostly friendly although some struggled with english. Not the best hotel in the world but a good stay.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank DA_LDN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our recent holiday was upgraded from a 2 star Hotel to the 4 star St Pierre Park Hotel. It was lovely. The staff were very friendly, esspecially the head waiter at breakfast. The room was amazing with a balcony overlooking the park and gardens. The selection at breakfast was superb. We used the on site swimming pool and jacuzzi, it was immaculately clean and inviting. Would love to stay there again. Although there was a 20/25 minute walk to St Peter Port, it was really worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden or lake, with a balcony are lovely. Also quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I really hope Hand Picked Hotels are planning a huge refurb of this hotel! It is very old and dated and some of the corridors STINK of smoke (I believe you can smoke on the balconies).
Think of a 1970's holiday resort which hasn't seen a lick of paint in a while...welcome to St Pierre Park Hotel.
My room was comfortable enough but it was boring. Bathroom was probably the highlight - spacious (although when I ran a bath the water was not clear, it was yellowish). My room was also incredibly noisy - the doors to the balcony are not thick enough to keep out the noise of the road the hotel sits on, so whilst it is not a busy road, I was kept awake by mopeds and all sorts. I actually opened the doors and the noise remained the same from when they were shut.
The dinner options on offer are good - nice range of dishes on Room Service menu, and the service is speedy. Desserts are lacking. Odd combinations of flavours.
Breakfast is not great, it is served buffet style unless you request eggs benedict or omelette etc. I have yet to find a hotel who do a good breakfast buffet. The food is either greasy or dry from being under the lights.
Staff were friendly. Spa was good although the layout is stupid - go through to the changing rooms, back out to reception in your robe/towel, into the wet changing rooms where you can have a sauna or shower, then out to the pool.
On the day I was due to check out there was a knock on my door (at 8.15am) from housekeeping seeing if I had left yet. I find this appalling. Surely this is a lack of communication between the staff, knowing who has checked out and which rooms they can go in. Makes me feel very unwelcome and like they want me gone asap.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Snubb
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have been using this hotel for years. It offers everything we needed for our holiday and we particularly enjoyed eating on the terrace and swimming in the indoor pool which larger than most hotel pools. The rooms were clean and everything worked well. No complaints at all but after so many years I do think it is looking a little tired in public areas so it must be time for an update.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here on my wedding night and was underwhelmed.

We booked a Junior Suite with a hot tub expecting it to be private.....its not! you are meters away from next doors' hot tub and only seperated by a wooden criss-crossed wooden fence that you can see through. You may aswell save your money, book a standard room (which ours may aswell have been) and go to the Spa's Jacuzzi, where you may have more privacy!

The day before our stay, I had arranged for some gifts to be left in our room for my new husband. These were not in the room when we got there. I ended up in reception in my wedding dress (!) having to find out where exactly the presents had been delivered too. NOT how I wanted to spend my first hours as a newlywed.

We have been compensated for this but the damage was done. If I had organised things at the last minute or we had checked in early, I would be a bit more undertstanding but I had planned it to be in the 'Suite' (I use this term loosely) for when we checked in as it was to be my first gift to my husband as his wife.

The Room, what can i say??!.....definition of SUITE: A suite in a hotel or other public accommodation denotes a class of luxury accommodations, the key feature of which is multiple rooms.

This was not the case, unless the bathroom is classed as another room. The 'suite' was just a room with a double bed, a sofa and a TV. Had I wanted this, we would have saved our money and booked a standard room.

The staff we dealt with were friendly and polite which was the only thing I can really praise.

Room Tip: Suites are only one room, hot tubs are overlooked and the fence is see through so you can see your n...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JENNIFERLELACHEUR
Josselin, France
Reviewed 26 April 2014

A very nice hotel, very friendly and welcoming.. The room was extremely comfortable and equipped to a very high standard. Sadly the wi-fi was very limited in the room. We ate in the restaurant one evening and the service and food quality was extremely high and the staff were very attentive. The pool and sauna/jacuzzi were free to guests and again reached a high standard.
This is a very good 4 Star hotel, and we had a great anniversary weekend
Thanks everyone

Room Tip: Our room had a lovely view over their lake and fountain (and Duck House!)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Geri D
London
Reviewed 23 April 2014

First of all - free car hire was offered for a duration of our stay! How cool is that?

I wish this place could be not in Guernsey, but somewhere an hour drive from us. Wonderful staff at reception and breakfast (hello, fellow Latvians), lovely pool and sauna, good size room with a beautiful lake view, great breakfast! Even quick dinner on arrival in the bar was delicious and freshly made, not to mention enormous size of the dishes.

One tiny improvement area, which might not be important for most people is that steam room walls need refreshing as paint has now cracked. I would suggest to invest in proper tiles. However, it was the strongest and warmest steam room I have been to in a while, so I enjoyed it very much.

Room Tip: Ask about the free car hire offer, might be still on.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
#5 of 19 in St Peter Port
Fermain Valley Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel
#4 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!