I had booked to stay for more than a week and had great expectations to enjoy a great holiday stay at St Pierre Park Hotel
I will explain what I felt were the ‘short comings’ of the hotel first and finish with the best bits!
I agree with the term stated in an earlier review of ‘function hotel’ and business–oriented.
Although you are forewarned by a letter pushed under your door of functions, it does not alleviate the problem of excessive noise and people shouting and talking even post function which results in disturbed nights!
If you are ‘noise sensitive’ arrange a room away from the function room.
The main bars are closed to residents on function nights giving a feeling that residents are of secondary importance!
My room had an interconnecting door; I could hear most conversations and in particular every word of phone conversations spoken next door.
On occasions time waiting for ordered food could have been better.
If my company was ‘footing’ the bill or I was attending a function I would be very happy to enjoy the hotel for what it is, I do not personally see it as a holiday hotel.
Now the good bits!
When I arrived I felt the hotel was very impressive, the gardens, lake and golf course are lovely and well cared for.
Every member of staff I had contact with was polite, professional and took time when possible to have a short conversation.
All staff was helpful and did their utmost to be helpful and caring making my stay as enjoyable as was possible.
Breakfast was good and provided for all needs with freshly cooked options from the kitchen available to order.
Dining location is between the Terrace Bar and Victor Hugo Restaurant,
both provide well for all needs.
The leisure centre was well run, very clean and well maintained, the reception team was exceptional, they were warm, welcoming and professional ensuring your visit was well catered for. The pool was lovely, the steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi were all in good order.
My room was spotless and kept that way daily throughout my stay, the good sized bed was extremely comfortable.
A balcony provided a welcome facility to enjoy the lovely weather during my stay.
The bathroom was excellent, again spotless and well serviced throughout my stay.
Summing up I had a really good holiday, loved Guernsey and will possibly return, but although St Pierre Park Hotel is a lovely hotel and I was well looked after and enjoyed my stay despite the comments above my personal preference will be a more holiday-oriented hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Pierre Park Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort is dedicated to providing our guests with warm and genuine hospitality. Located in 35 acres of stunning grounds just 1 mile from St Peter Port, it is the one of the most well equipped hotels in Guernsey for business events and conferences. The hotel also offers a variety of dining options, top spa treatments and one of only three golf courses on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel St Pierre Park
- Guernsey Hotel Park Pierre St
- St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort Guernsey, UK