“Mixed Experience!”

St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had booked to stay for more than a week and had great expectations to enjoy a great holiday stay at St Pierre Park Hotel

I will explain what I felt were the ‘short comings’ of the hotel first and finish with the best bits!

I agree with the term stated in an earlier review of ‘function hotel’ and business–oriented.
Although you are forewarned by a letter pushed under your door of functions, it does not alleviate the problem of excessive noise and people shouting and talking even post function which results in disturbed nights!
If you are ‘noise sensitive’ arrange a room away from the function room.

The main bars are closed to residents on function nights giving a feeling that residents are of secondary importance!

My room had an interconnecting door; I could hear most conversations and in particular every word of phone conversations spoken next door.

On occasions time waiting for ordered food could have been better.

If my company was ‘footing’ the bill or I was attending a function I would be very happy to enjoy the hotel for what it is, I do not personally see it as a holiday hotel.

Now the good bits!

When I arrived I felt the hotel was very impressive, the gardens, lake and golf course are lovely and well cared for.

Every member of staff I had contact with was polite, professional and took time when possible to have a short conversation.
All staff was helpful and did their utmost to be helpful and caring making my stay as enjoyable as was possible.

Breakfast was good and provided for all needs with freshly cooked options from the kitchen available to order.
Dining location is between the Terrace Bar and Victor Hugo Restaurant,
both provide well for all needs.

The leisure centre was well run, very clean and well maintained, the reception team was exceptional, they were warm, welcoming and professional ensuring your visit was well catered for. The pool was lovely, the steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi were all in good order.

My room was spotless and kept that way daily throughout my stay, the good sized bed was extremely comfortable.
A balcony provided a welcome facility to enjoy the lovely weather during my stay.
The bathroom was excellent, again spotless and well serviced throughout my stay.

Summing up I had a really good holiday, loved Guernsey and will possibly return, but although St Pierre Park Hotel is a lovely hotel and I was well looked after and enjoyed my stay despite the comments above my personal preference will be a more holiday-oriented hotel.

Room Tip: When booking, avoid rooms close to the function room, if you ask for a room overlooking gardens and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank kjcstaffordshire

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had a short break here just for 4 nights mid week. The room was comfortable and very clean, the food was lovely the staff too. There is a marvellous lake in the huge garden which we were lucky enough to see from our room.
Downstairs there is a spa complex, swimming pool and Jacuzzi all you need to totally relax and we did, only downside is there is no air conditioning in the room we had and patio doors, so not wishing to leave doors open all night we stifled a bit and there was also machine noise which we couldn't pinpoint, however I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Underneath the hotel is the pavilion restaurant and we had a cream tea here was good scones were very good. I notice there are a few comments about noise I imagine as we were midweek that wasn't an issue for us.
Breakfast was really good lots of choice and all hot.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janieflo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Lovely grounds, but no view at all from our room other than ugly flat roof. Functions both nights took over bars, leaving residents feeling a little like intruders on their own turf. Rooms meticulously cleaned, but initially only one bath and hand towel provided for 2, and pillows thin. Pool and spa area very well cared for. Location is quite a hike from town, so cabs or car hire needed, contributing to the feeling of excessive traffic on this beautiful island. Breakfast average - poached eggs available but not a success for chef on duty. Bar menu offered a good selection, well prepared, but service not always the standard expected in a quality hotel - grudging. The foundations of a lovely hotel, but with scope to improve environment, service consistency and give residents a better experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake. Check which rooms likely to be affected by noise from functions, and be...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brumtraveller2013
Reviewed 29 June 2014

A "function" hotel , which means that noise is an issue. The two nights we stayed we did receive a kind letter from management advising us of a late night function and apologising, however, the doors banging and people talking outside as they departed meant we had disturbed nights.
Rooms are comfortable but the whole hotel is in need of an update and refurb.
Staff are happy and helpful, though I tried to buy a drink from the bistro bar and take it to my room, having charged it to my room. Unfortunately the bar lady apologised and said she was new and was learning English and thus could not understand me.......
The set up of the hotel did make me think it was a motel rather than a hotel. Perhaps under new ownership, plans may be in place for a needed refurbishment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Neil S
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have stayed this hotel many times for work. Many of the rooms have interconnecting doors which means you can hear everything the person in the next room is saying and doing!
Prices for food are expensive.
Grounds are relaxing

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that over look the car park and are on the ground and 1st floor as these are located nex...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pearltherover
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the St. Pierre Park Hotel for 3 nights as part of a visit to the Channel Islands in June 2014.

The hotel is located about 25-30 minutes walk from the centre of St Peter Port and has the advantage of being located in beautiful grounds, with a feature lake with fountains and - my favourite - a floating duck house! There is ample car parking and a taxi into the town centre in the evening would be relatively inexpensive if the walk sounds off-putting.

Check-in was efficient and friendly and we had a room with a balcony overlooking the garden, which was nice. The room itself was very clean and spacious, with a good powerful shower and a large, comfortable bed. Tea & coffee facilities included a Nespresso machine.

Breakfast was a buffet affair and the quality was good, with plenty of choice. On one of the mornings they seemed a little over-run but generally things ran as expected. We didn't have dinner in the hotel restaurant so cannot comment on that, I'm afraid.

This proved a good hotel for our stay over a weekend, although I imagine it becomes a little more business-oriented during the week.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seamo
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and thought it was time to review. Of all the hotels on Guernsey that i have had the pleasure of staying, this hotel ticks every box every time. The location is great, the rooms are perfect, food is very good and not overpriced, breakfast rates with the top 5 star hotels! No that is unfair, it is better than some 5 star hotels I've visited. What I really enjoy at this hotel are the leisure facilities, sauna, jacuzzi, swim, then relax on a sun lounger on the terrace overlooking the lake and grounds.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
#1 of 9 in St Martins
Hotel Bella Luce
Hotel Bella Luce
#2 of 9 in St Martins

Been to St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!