“nice stay once again”

St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 21 July 2014

stayed with my wife and children last weekend. very nice stay, excellent welcome at the reception both by the junior dutch receptionist myrthe and the reservations manageress who sorted out some confusion swiftly, and very good service in victor hugo restaurant with excellent Italian restaurant manager would recommend very good beds as well and superb facilities

Room Tip: if there is a function on it can be a bit noisy
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have just returned from a 7 night stay in St Pierre Park Hotel . We booked the Jersey Suite from July 10th thru to July 17 .The suite size was excellent probably one of the best I have stayed and I travel a lot thru out the world . Some of the finishing in the room could have been better such as hiding the tv cables in the wall for the wall mounted TV rather than have them hang loose and pluged into an extension cable placed on top of the lounge cabinet excellent views from the 4 balconys looking over the lake and golf course.
Breakfast was plentifull and good .We had Dinner on the first night which was not really up too much rather disappointing to be honest .Housekeeping was ok except staff never greeted or smiled when you passed by a good morning or hello is no real effort to say.
The cafe terrace bar was reasonable and Tatiana the bar waitress was very pleasant and nothing seemed to be a bother for her .always smiling and knew our drink order after the first night we where there and just automatically brought our drinks when we arrived
Meals there where also hit or miss especially the soup in fact my wife complained about he mushroom soup to Miquel the Bar manager who did not seem concerned and lacked the greet and smile on his introduction to my wife all he said was I will take it off the bill
The pavilion restraunt is not part of the Hotel and has to be paid for separately bill cannot be added your Room
Overall it was a good stay just need to have staff learn to acknowledge guest after all it is the Hospitality industry they are working in and a smile or greeting goes a long way and cost nothing
When I return to Gurnsey I would use St Pierre Park again as suite sizes are excellent

Room Tip: Good parking facility and easy accesses to ferry terminal and Airport both only around 10 min drive...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Whilst the hotel delivers on most fronts, there are some serious design faults with the double fire doors at the end of the corridors. They just need some simple adjustment with proper door closers and the constant banging immediately outside my room was infuriating. My daughters two floors above also had a similar problem and were woken in the early hours by banging doors. Luckily the weather was fine so we all enjoyed a nap on the beach. Reception and waiting/bar staff were very helpful however I found the spa/gym staff the opposite

Room Tip: definitely not 250!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The St Pierre Park hotel is nicely located not too far from the centre. The set up is spacious and the gardens are very well kept. Staff is very friendly and service oriented.

Overall facilities are good. Been watching the World Cup on nice screens in a comfortable setting whilst enjoying good food. The gym is well equiped for a good workout. The spa is ok with a nice pool and sauna. The bad experiences are related to the noisy rooms; banging doors, noisy people in the halls surely did not support a good night sleep but worst was the noisy air conditioning generators placed outside the rooms of our wing. Not sure who thought of that!?

Overall ok experience which could be improved considerably once these issues are addressed.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had booked to stay for more than a week and had great expectations to enjoy a great holiday stay at St Pierre Park Hotel

I will explain what I felt were the ‘short comings’ of the hotel first and finish with the best bits!

I agree with the term stated in an earlier review of ‘function hotel’ and business–oriented.
Although you are forewarned by a letter pushed under your door of functions, it does not alleviate the problem of excessive noise and people shouting and talking even post function which results in disturbed nights!
If you are ‘noise sensitive’ arrange a room away from the function room.

The main bars are closed to residents on function nights giving a feeling that residents are of secondary importance!

My room had an interconnecting door; I could hear most conversations and in particular every word of phone conversations spoken next door.

On occasions time waiting for ordered food could have been better.

If my company was ‘footing’ the bill or I was attending a function I would be very happy to enjoy the hotel for what it is, I do not personally see it as a holiday hotel.

Now the good bits!

When I arrived I felt the hotel was very impressive, the gardens, lake and golf course are lovely and well cared for.

Every member of staff I had contact with was polite, professional and took time when possible to have a short conversation.
All staff was helpful and did their utmost to be helpful and caring making my stay as enjoyable as was possible.

Breakfast was good and provided for all needs with freshly cooked options from the kitchen available to order.
Dining location is between the Terrace Bar and Victor Hugo Restaurant,
both provide well for all needs.

The leisure centre was well run, very clean and well maintained, the reception team was exceptional, they were warm, welcoming and professional ensuring your visit was well catered for. The pool was lovely, the steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi were all in good order.

My room was spotless and kept that way daily throughout my stay, the good sized bed was extremely comfortable.
A balcony provided a welcome facility to enjoy the lovely weather during my stay.
The bathroom was excellent, again spotless and well serviced throughout my stay.

Summing up I had a really good holiday, loved Guernsey and will possibly return, but although St Pierre Park Hotel is a lovely hotel and I was well looked after and enjoyed my stay despite the comments above my personal preference will be a more holiday-oriented hotel.

Room Tip: When booking, avoid rooms close to the function room, if you ask for a room overlooking gardens and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank kjcstaffordshire
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had a short break here just for 4 nights mid week. The room was comfortable and very clean, the food was lovely the staff too. There is a marvellous lake in the huge garden which we were lucky enough to see from our room.
Downstairs there is a spa complex, swimming pool and Jacuzzi all you need to totally relax and we did, only downside is there is no air conditioning in the room we had and patio doors, so not wishing to leave doors open all night we stifled a bit and there was also machine noise which we couldn't pinpoint, however I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Underneath the hotel is the pavilion restaurant and we had a cream tea here was good scones were very good. I notice there are a few comments about noise I imagine as we were midweek that wasn't an issue for us.
Breakfast was really good lots of choice and all hot.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janieflo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Lovely grounds, but no view at all from our room other than ugly flat roof. Functions both nights took over bars, leaving residents feeling a little like intruders on their own turf. Rooms meticulously cleaned, but initially only one bath and hand towel provided for 2, and pillows thin. Pool and spa area very well cared for. Location is quite a hike from town, so cabs or car hire needed, contributing to the feeling of excessive traffic on this beautiful island. Breakfast average - poached eggs available but not a success for chef on duty. Bar menu offered a good selection, well prepared, but service not always the standard expected in a quality hotel - grudging. The foundations of a lovely hotel, but with scope to improve environment, service consistency and give residents a better experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake. Check which rooms likely to be affected by noise from functions, and be...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
#6 of 19 in St Peter Port
La Barbarie Hotel
La Barbarie Hotel
#1 of 9 in St Martins

Been to St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!