On the positive side, the room is clean and the breakfast is a great with a wide choice of options.
But, (you sensed it coming didn't you?) the noise? The room temperatures? The bed? At the best part of £150 a night, I did expect more from this hotel and came away very disappointed. As others have said, avoid ground floor rooms. The first room we were given was on the ground floor and the only source of fresh air on an average temp night, was a patio door which opened on to a "terrace" that served about five or six other rooms. We were greeted with a letter apologising in advance for the noise we were going to get that night due to two parties and they weren't exagerating. Nothing quite like the thundering bass on Pharrels song "Happy" at one in the morning... And the smell of your neighbours hAving a fag in the early hours on a hot night, with no fresh air or air conditioning, fabulous... ooh, and those rooms are also near the fag stop for staff so you can have some extra nicotine during the day too. Possibly great if you're a smoker, not so great when you are not.
Sound proofing is not included in the price and we had a week of hearing our neighbours in the bathroom, slamming doors, shouting in the corridor and so it goes on. Fortunately, there is a Waitrose quite close by that must do a roaring trade in ear plugs! So as long as you don't want to actually sleep in this hotel, you may enjoy it.
But, after a grovel and beg with the receptionist, we were eventually moved and in fairness the next room was better. Just. That's to say, our new neighbour wasn't experiencing bowel troubles that we had to listen to and we did have a sort of balcony. The room was clean, the bathroom spotless, and we felt safer leaving the balcony window open at night to aid breathing (always useful I find). But the noise again was LOUD and this time, the mattresses must have been borrowed from the Castle Cornet dungeons. Nowt like a spring poking you in the back when you cannot sleep from the noise of selfish hotel residents.
In summary then, I would like to have seen the rooms which earned the hotel a 4* rating and would recommend this hotel only to smoking heavy sleepers who come with a supply of ear plugs. But, it IS clean and breakfast was one of the best I have had in many hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Pierre Park Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort is dedicated to providing our guests with warm and genuine hospitality. Located in 35 acres of stunning grounds just 1 mile from St Peter Port, it is the one of the most well equipped hotels in Guernsey for business events and conferences. The hotel also offers a variety of dining options, top spa treatments and one of only three golf courses on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel St Pierre Park
- Guernsey Hotel Park Pierre St
- St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort Guernsey, UK