“Nice hotel shame about the staff”

St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

What is the point in offering early bird restaurant deals between 6&7 if there are no tables available as they are all booked for 7 and later! At 6.15 the restaurant was empty!!!! Not great for customer service or relations!

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Andrea N

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We have just returned from a superb stay at this hotel. The accommodation was very clean, the breakfasts were very good with a good deal of choice and the leisure facilities were once again excellent.
We ate in the bar one night and the restaurant for another. Both were very good.
The reception staff were very helpful and the bed was extremely comfortable.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel lovely grounds rooms are great, beds the best I ever slept in.

Breakfast has everything you need, with waiter service for tea and coffee.

Would come back again for a longer stay.

Bus is just outside £1 a trip or taxi around £7...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Arrived here late in the evening, very tired after a number of flights the same day. Reception were very courteous as was the concierge. I checked in and all appeared to go smoothly. My room was lovely. Huge bed, tea coffee facilities, hairdryer, water both still and sparkling in the room as well as the usual bathroom supplies. Found the room to be very comfortable and there was also a balcony that you could stand out on. This was a bit dangerous as there was a step down off the bedroom floor onto the balcony. I went to the bar for some food. It was very nice and service was very good. I paid and went to my room. I found the hotel quiet. Next morning I had breakfast which was a bit hap hazard. To find the butter it was in another area. It was difficult to know was it self service or not as I was not told this when I went in despite waiting to be seated. Tables were quite near to each other. It was a basic buffet breakfast nothing spectacular. I was disappointed with the breakfast as I thought with the price etc it would be a fresh cooked breakfast. I checked out and left again reception were very nice to deal with.

I guess the second issue I have is that I hadn't realised that I was on a dinner bed and breakfast package and was charged accordingly. Reception had not said and perhaps with all my flying that day it completely escaped me. Therefore I paid for a dinner in the bar that actually I could have had in the restaurant which was included on my rate so Im out of pocket.T trying to contact the hotel since has been impossible and there does not appear to be an email address either for it. I know on one hand I am saying that reception were very good but on another side they neglected to mention anything about dinner.

Definitely a mixed experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank holiday066
Reviewed 17 August 2014

When we booked the hotel we specifically asked for a quiet room. We were on the ground floor far left of the reception area. The first 4 days the very loud drilling noises, coming from directly underneath our room, which lasted from mid morning until about 4.30 - 5 pm prevented any chance of my partner and l having a conversation. In fairness the assistant manager did compensate us with a bottle of wine one evening after we complained. The last 2 nights we were kept awake until the early hours by parties who seemed oblivious to the fact that this was a 4 star hotel full of guests trying to sleep !! [ We had received a note from the hotel warning us of this but this did not make the noise any easier to contend with ] We booked dinner at the Pavillion Restaurant one evening. Although this is within the hotel building we were told that this is not run by the Hotel. Despite asking for a quiet table we were taken aback when soon after we were seated the waiter showed a couple with 3 small extremely badly behaved and very noisy children right next to us ! The children were allowed to run in and out of the restaurant screaming, shouting banging into my chair and generally making any chance of my partner and l enjoying our meal impossible. We eventually left the restaurant without finishing our meal. On the plus side the breakfasts were good with plenty of choice. Most of the staff were pleasant, especially the reception staff. The room was large and very clean the bed very comfortable.

Room Tip: Check whether parties are booked for during your visit and maybe a top floor room far left of recept...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Breakfast here was my highlight with so many options available.
Rooms we're comfy, however without air con, so we did make use of the patio doors.
Bar has a nice range of board games available to play.
About a 20 minute walk to the main port, but staff will happily arrange taxis for you - bear in mind there is often a wait for your taxi, so book this in advance.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank meryll83
Reviewed 16 August 2014

On the positive side, the room is clean and the breakfast is a great with a wide choice of options.

But, (you sensed it coming didn't you?) the noise? The room temperatures? The bed? At the best part of £150 a night, I did expect more from this hotel and came away very disappointed. As others have said, avoid ground floor rooms. The first room we were given was on the ground floor and the only source of fresh air on an average temp night, was a patio door which opened on to a "terrace" that served about five or six other rooms. We were greeted with a letter apologising in advance for the noise we were going to get that night due to two parties and they weren't exagerating. Nothing quite like the thundering bass on Pharrels song "Happy" at one in the morning... And the smell of your neighbours hAving a fag in the early hours on a hot night, with no fresh air or air conditioning, fabulous... ooh, and those rooms are also near the fag stop for staff so you can have some extra nicotine during the day too. Possibly great if you're a smoker, not so great when you are not.

Sound proofing is not included in the price and we had a week of hearing our neighbours in the bathroom, slamming doors, shouting in the corridor and so it goes on. Fortunately, there is a Waitrose quite close by that must do a roaring trade in ear plugs! So as long as you don't want to actually sleep in this hotel, you may enjoy it.

But, after a grovel and beg with the receptionist, we were eventually moved and in fairness the next room was better. Just. That's to say, our new neighbour wasn't experiencing bowel troubles that we had to listen to and we did have a sort of balcony. The room was clean, the bathroom spotless, and we felt safer leaving the balcony window open at night to aid breathing (always useful I find). But the noise again was LOUD and this time, the mattresses must have been borrowed from the Castle Cornet dungeons. Nowt like a spring poking you in the back when you cannot sleep from the noise of selfish hotel residents.

In summary then, I would like to have seen the rooms which earned the hotel a 4* rating and would recommend this hotel only to smoking heavy sleepers who come with a supply of ear plugs. But, it IS clean and breakfast was one of the best I have had in many hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for the room they give t o the hotel inspectors
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 9 in St Martins
The Farmhouse Hotel
The Farmhouse Hotel
#1 of 2 in Saint Saviour

Been to St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!