“Shame about the Restaurant”

St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Broxbourne, United Kingdom
“Shame about the Restaurant”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Generally, the Hotel was very good, we asked for a quiet room, and after getting used to the Air Conditioning Unit outside, its wasn't too bad, although we had to keep the balcony door shut or it would have been too noisy!. Long walk into town, and even longer back, as the first part is a very steep hill! Beakfast was very good, with plenty of choice. We ate once in the Restaurant on the Early Bird Deal and with the discount it was a reasonable price, with very nice food. The second time we ate there, there must have been a different chef.. The starter was 3 very small scallops ( The previous time we had 4 large scallops ) and the main course was and extremely small and dry piece of pork, 3 new potatoes and about half a dozen green beans. We decided not to try the desert! Very very disappointing and expensive...Didn't eat there again- most guests must have known, as both times the restaurant was practically empty!
However, the Hotel itself was fine, rooms good, beds very comfortable, grounds very quiet, staff generally friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Supersue1956

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We have recently returned from Guernsey, the Hotel itself is on the outskirts of St Peter Port, definately not walking distance, even for the fit and able.

Unfortunately it is right on a very busy road and we were unlucky to be allocated a room right next to the road, which for us was extremely noisy. One of the reasons we choose this hotel was becasue it was not in the centre of St Peter Port where we thought it would be noisy.

On Arrival - we were dealt with efficiently, but not with any warmth. In fact the whole time we were there - we didn't feel particularly welcome.

The bar staff were always extremely courteous, but again, not particularly engaging.

We ate in the hotel one evening at the bar, which was OK, but the tables are to low for comfortable eating.

Our room - although noisy was very nice, very clean and well kept.

Overall - would we go back - possibly not, having stayed in Jersey at the Pomme D'or, where the staff were amazing and extremely welcoming, we now feel very let down by our experience here.

Room Tip: Not near the road
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DJC1959
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed in the Alderney suite for one night for my birthday and loved it. We didn't really leave the room as we obviously specifically came for what the suite had to offer, more specifically the garden and jacuzzi. The staff who brought our (numerous) room service orders were really friendly and professional. The room was very comfortably kitted out. I think the decor is a tad out of date though and it was a little weird for me to see that there weren't really any toiletry supplies (there was a note saying we should contact reception for this). I also didn't think the food was great (both dinner and breakfast). However, the overall experience of our night in the suite was fantastic!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Walenstadt, Switzerland
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

What is the point in offering early bird restaurant deals between 6&7 if there are no tables available as they are all booked for 7 and later! At 6.15 the restaurant was empty!!!! Not great for customer service or relations!

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Andrea N
Maidstone
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We have just returned from a superb stay at this hotel. The accommodation was very clean, the breakfasts were very good with a good deal of choice and the leisure facilities were once again excellent.
We ate in the bar one night and the restaurant for another. Both were very good.
The reception staff were very helpful and the bed was extremely comfortable.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel lovely grounds rooms are great, beds the best I ever slept in.

Breakfast has everything you need, with waiter service for tea and coffee.

Would come back again for a longer stay.

Bus is just outside £1 a trip or taxi around £7...

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Arrived here late in the evening, very tired after a number of flights the same day. Reception were very courteous as was the concierge. I checked in and all appeared to go smoothly. My room was lovely. Huge bed, tea coffee facilities, hairdryer, water both still and sparkling in the room as well as the usual bathroom supplies. Found the room to be very comfortable and there was also a balcony that you could stand out on. This was a bit dangerous as there was a step down off the bedroom floor onto the balcony. I went to the bar for some food. It was very nice and service was very good. I paid and went to my room. I found the hotel quiet. Next morning I had breakfast which was a bit hap hazard. To find the butter it was in another area. It was difficult to know was it self service or not as I was not told this when I went in despite waiting to be seated. Tables were quite near to each other. It was a basic buffet breakfast nothing spectacular. I was disappointed with the breakfast as I thought with the price etc it would be a fresh cooked breakfast. I checked out and left again reception were very nice to deal with.

I guess the second issue I have is that I hadn't realised that I was on a dinner bed and breakfast package and was charged accordingly. Reception had not said and perhaps with all my flying that day it completely escaped me. Therefore I paid for a dinner in the bar that actually I could have had in the restaurant which was included on my rate so Im out of pocket.T trying to contact the hotel since has been impossible and there does not appear to be an email address either for it. I know on one hand I am saying that reception were very good but on another side they neglected to mention anything about dinner.

Definitely a mixed experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
#4 of 19 in St Peter Port
Les Rocquettes
Les Rocquettes
#7 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!