“Comfortable good value hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St Peter Port
The Captain Cook Hotel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 31 January 2010

I was with other 3 colleague of my for 4 nights, we find that the service provide is very remarkable for a small hotel like Captain Cook Hotel, certainly together with my colleague we rated 4**** service.
Comfortable and clean rooms and overall a very warm welcome, we could not ask for beter.
All in all is a good sign for Guernsey
Phlip le Grand
France

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Captain Cook Hotel

Reviewed 18 September 2009

I stayed at this hotel from Sept 5th and left on Sept 12th, on arrival it seemed pleasant enough, though a bit old and tired looking, our room seemed ok, was big enough the bathroom was again big enough both rooms looked out onto a white brick wall, the shower was very poor and so was the hot water supply, the toilet roll holder made such a racket I could here next door both sides when they visited the bathroom. The walls were extremely thin where we stayed, the only good thing was that we had plenty of towels. The breakfast was awful, not much of it, running out of juice even though we had got up in plenty of time, the toast you had to ask for it, was crusts with no choice of white or brown and a frown when I wanted poached eggs as do not eat bacon or sausages I got a grumble but I did get it, I stopped having he breakfast after the first 3 days as I did not deem it worthwhile to bother with it, I went to Marks and Spencers and got mine there. I would not visit this hotel ever again, when we left nobody seemed to be aware that we were leaving etc either, nobody seemed to bother to speak to us and it was extremely quiet during the breakfasts I did have. I am glad I was not booked in for evening meals, we had those at Christies Restaurant in St Peterport and that was great.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank crazyannie
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We had a wonderful stay in the Captain Cook Hotel. We were looking for a simple accommodation with a little style and class and we were not disappointed. The English breakfasts were tasty, the dinner was quite lovely, and we enjoyed chatting with the owners as we relaxed after busy days checking out the historical sights in Guernsey and Sark. Many thanks!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mutti-san
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Staff were very good with friendly advice from the woman on the desk. The shower was a little wobbly and took a little getting used to but that is all really on the down side. We felt looked after and comfortable and the rooms were ALWAYS cleaned.
I don't really know where the bad reviews are coming from. Maybe people expect too much at the price the Captain Cook are charging.
Well done all at the hotel. We will recommend the hotel to friends and work collegues.
Oh and nothing wrong with the breakfasts either!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j_walcot
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Hotel is clean and reasonably friendly especially the waitresses, all paintwork, tablecloths, napkins etc are yellow! The rooms are basic with silly things that niggle - a shower hose that was too short to reach its hook, only 2 sockets in the room so that the kettle had to stay on the floor, an industrial type loo paper dispenser. Breakfast is 7.30 - 9am the choice never changes and the ingredients are cheap quality. You get (just) what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2009

This year was our 10th stay at the Cptn. Cook and we are sure it was not our last stay. All the years the management was very friendly to us, at first we were there as a couple, the last years with two kids. The rooms are small but clean and provided with TV and tea making facilities. The service was always good, this year excellent! Breakfast and dinner are informal but always with a friendly word from service and management. The dinner was very good all the years, with special things for the kids by request. This year the dinner was excellent with a very good choice. The Hotel is situated in a very nice and quiet street, only 5 minutes walk to town and marinas with two pubs in the very next surrounding, one of them offering live music twice a week.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ole67
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Decent hotel, we were well looked after during our 5 week stay whilst working in Guernsey. Good service, rooms clean and tidy and adequately furnished, good rates available, great local pub (the dorset arms) 2 mins up the road, toasties are great there and Jacko will look after you.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business