“Typical 3* star”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
UK
“Typical 3* star”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Stayed here on business whilst working in Guernsey and is what I would call a typical 3* hotel. Staff are OK but not professional, bedrooms are all different and no consistency in comfort, housekeeping etc. Overall pretty dated and very noisy when the nearby clubs kick out at 2 in the morning. Would stay again for a night or two but not for a holiday. If standards were "bettered" could be a great hotel as only 2 mins walk from the harbour and shops.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Dear JonKing789

Thank you for your review following your stay at Moores. We do indeed
have a variety of different rooms and due to our location in the heart
of St. Peter Port, unfortunately noise from outside will sometimes inevitably be an
issue. However, the rooms at the rear of the hotel are rarely so affected.

As you will see from other reviews, we are in the process of
refurbishing all our rooms on a rolling basis and also have plans for
some of the public areas. I was sorry to read that you felt the staff
not to be professional and can only regret that you did not bring any of
your concerns to my attention during your stay. Please feel free to
contact me directly for any proposed future reservations at the hotel
and it would be my pleasure to oversee them personally.

In the meantime,I would thank you for you for your valued custom and
assure you of my best attention at all times.

Stephen Purtill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Dodecanese islands
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Visited Guernsey last month and decided to visit Moores again - I last stayed there 2 years ago. Beautifully situatated for shopping and buses etc and my room was very nice, better than the one on my first visit. However, the breakfast staff came across as very "couldn't care less" though the girls on reception were nice. I had to cut my stay short, which was a shame, but it was nothing to do with the hotel or Guernsey - I would have loved to have stayed longer. Will definitely consider Moores again but hope the staff can be a little bit more attentive; also the choice in the breakfast room was not as good as before.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear Katy1069

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our location to be ideal for your needs and that you liked your newly refurbished room. I was, however, sorry to learn that breakfast wasn't up to your expectations but now that we are operating out of our new kitchen have improved our offering and are constantly striving to improve our service levels in all departments.

I very much hope that you will consider staying with us again and if you think we can ever be of service to you again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel and it would be my pleasure to oversee your reservation personally.

In the meantime, I would thank you for your valued custom and assure you of my best attention at all times.

norfolk
Reviewed 2 May 2013

If you are prepared to put up with workman,work noise,fire alarms going off from 7am in the morning(all unannounced so there could have been 3 fires).furniture being moved in,doors left open during breakfast while the cold wind flies around your feet ,boxes laded up in reception,then stay here,e.the menus for 5 days was the same.the food was boring and unimaginative.basic,ordinary. The only good thing was the staff.Most European,young,great fun,quick to react.houskeeping like wise. I am sure it will be great when its finished,however I don't see why I should ave to put up with the noise,mess and chaos as well as pay for for the experience. The business was running despite their guests,at the expense of their guests.not good enough.

Room Tip: Wait for the renovation to be over before staying here.ask for a room which is light,not looking at...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Aufwiedersehen93, Owner at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Dear Reluctant Traveller
I was sorry to see from your review that you did not have the most restful or enjoyable of stays with us. We have just come to the end of a major kitchen refit and although we have done our utmost to ensure this did not effect our guests too much, clearly in your case we did not succeed. We are aware there has been an issue with the fire alarms this week and the engineers have been able to resolve this. We did indeed have deliveries of new linen this week, and boxes sat in the reception area for a few hours until they could be dealt with. With regard to the dinner menu, I am so sorry that you did not mention any issues to either Reception or the Restaurant staff as there were many ways this could have been remedied. You could have dined in the Library Carvery or indeed in one of our sister hotels, Hotel de Havelet or Les Rocquettes as we offer a "dine around" service to our half board guests.

In conclusion we just wish you had brought your feelings to our attention during your stay as we would have done our best to resolve these and ensure you had a relaxing visit with us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Nice cosy hotel that have recently renovated one part of the hotel. I stayed in one of the renovated room, which offer good basic amenities and was quite clean. It was overlooking the high street but I didn't have any problems with outside noise, although there were a group of people out there drinking. Breakfast is quite basic, but still good standard for the ratings of the hotel. Would recommend for people on budget that looks for simple yet clean accommodation. Free wifi and fitness room is a plus worth mentioning

Room Tip: Free wifi, free access to sauna and fitness, located right in high streets with lots of nice restaur...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Cater M

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your stay and found the location was excellent.

We have a rolling programme in place, of refurbishing and improving our bedrooms and ensuring they are well equipped to meet the needs of todays' travellers. Our major kitchen refit is also almost completed and this will enable us to further improve our breakfast offering.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Hampshire
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night stay here and were very impressed.
The room was very clean (as was the whole hotel) and was also warm, which was a blessing as the weather was not as warm as we would have liked.
We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. It was nice to see peoplef who obviously enjoy their work.
Try the afternoon tea while you are there. It was lovely.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear SJ Farn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff so helpful and welcoming. Thank you also for recommending the afternoon tea which is served in the Hideaway - we are very proud of our cakes and pastries.
We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Have just returned from four days at this hotel - first time staying there and have already booked to go back again.
The food in the Conservatory Restaurant is excellent, the menu changed whilst we were there and each time there was a wide range of food to choose from. All the staff in the hotel (whether it was in the bar, reception on in the restaurant) were very friendly and helpful; offering to do things for you.
Would go back again tomorrow if I didn't have to be at work ...
Looking forward to being there and being able to sit out on the Terrace with some better weather and enjoy the delights of the Hideaway Patisserie.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the hotel are quieter than at the front.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Aufwiedersehen93, Manager at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Dear FrednHelen

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel and in
particular your kind comments about the food, which are much appreciated.

I am so glad you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and we look
forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future, especially
now that the fine weather has finally arrived!

In the meantime, I would thank you for your valued custom and assure you
of my best attention at all times.

West Sussex
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed at Moores over Easter Weekend and although the weather on Guernsey could of been better we could not fault the hotel. Staff very friendly from the moment we arrived. We checked into a lovely room but unfortunity did'nt have much of a view. We asked at reception if there were any rooms we could swap for. With no fuss we were given a large room on the top floor with view of the sea and Castle Cornett. I also dont think I have ever stayed in such a well stocked room, lots of teas, coffee's and hot chocolate on the hospitatlity tray also very well stocked bathroom. Well done! Room also very clean. The hotel in is a great location, right in the centre for the shops, bars and harbour and also close to bus stops. We had no problems with noise at night. Breakfasts were very good served in The Conservatory Restaurant. Good choice from the buffet to start then freshly cooked full english,other options were available. We used both bars whilst we stayed, again both very good, also excellent Breda beer may I say! Also nice fire in the Rendezvous bar in the evenings with was much needed!
If I stay in Guernsey again I would'nt hesitate to return to the Moores and would highly recommend to anyone. Thanks for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear DJCWestSussex

Thank you for your very comprehensive review which seems to cover all
aspects of your recent stay at the hotel over the Easter weekend and is
just the kind of experience we would wish for all our guests to enjoy
when visiting Guernsey and staying at Moores.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to have the
pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant
future.

In the meantime, I would thank you for your valued custom and assure you
of my best attention at all times.