“Nice Hotel Central to local Bars and Marina”

Best Western Moores Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here twice now for business Hotel is well situated to get about the town, the rooms are of a good standard, comfy beds and good Shower .

Agree with other reviews a little dated the staff were very pleasant and willing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear PatronSilver_12

Thank you for your review following your second stay with us and I am glad that you once again found most things to your liking.

I am pleased to be able to advise you that we will be continuing our rolling refurbishment programme over the coming winter months, with extensive improvements planned for the public areas and to several bedrooms.

In the meantime, we continue to strive to offer good service and hospitality to all our guests and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Moores in the not too distant future.

Thank you for your valued custom to date and assuring you of my best attention at all times..

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Family run hotel - friendly staff - nothing too much trouble. Pleasant, light, very clean room. Choice of three restaurants/cafes. I recommend the Library Bar carvery as excellent value. Centrally located so ideal for shopping, accessing harbour, buses etc. I will certainly return as was made very welcome. Can't comment on the spa as I didn't try it but will next time! I love Guernsey anyway, so was very happy with my stay overall.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel are a bit noisier as the hotel faces the high street, so if you have...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Stuart786

I am glad you found the central location of the hotel to be so convenient and that you received a warm welcome. I am also pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience in the Library Bar and found it such good value. We constantly strive to meet the needs and surpass the expectations of all our guests who come to Guernsey for a whole variety of reasons, whether it be for business or pleasure.

I hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back again to Moores in the not too distant future and in the meantime, would thank you for your valued custom and assure you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Rather sadly I needed to work in Guernsey over a weekend so booked a three night stay with Moores. I have stayed here before and one of the primary reasons I choose the hotel is that it is really well located in the centre of St Peter's Port.
Yes, the decor can be a bit dated but the service I received was excellent. For example I arrived early on Friday and my room was not ready. I needed to work so went to the restaurant and the attentive staff there moved a table into the lounge area near a power point and plied me with coffee.
I then checked into my room which was very small - 226. For a double room it was just too tight and then I found that the internet connection was not good there. I rang down to explain that I needed to work. I was immediately offered another room and help to move. I was moved to 313 a much better room with a refurbished bathroom and more importantly for me good internet access.
When unpacking I realised that I had left something in 226 - I rang reception and the very helpful and friendly room assistant who helped me move went to get it.
This for me is personal service and it is exactly why I am always happy to stay at Moores.

Room Tip: If noise worries you ask for a quiet room - the ones facing the street can get noisy - but you are i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Gotski

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us and for all of its kind comments therein, they are much appreciated. I am glad your working weekend was made more bearable by the helpful service and hospitality you experienced at Moores, something we strive to provide to all our guests.

I am also pleased to be able to advise you that we will be continuing our on-going refurbishment of the public areas over the coming winter months, together with that of several bedrooms and the upgrading of the hotel's Wi-Fi facilities.

In the meantime, I would thank you for your valued custom to date and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Moores in the not too distant future.

Assuring you of my best attention at all times.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night at Moores with my seven month grandson. The travel cot was a good size but we still had room to move, the cot had a proper cot sheet and a suitable blanket and we were given a bath towel for him without having to ask. The high chair at breakfast was clean and we all had a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Aufwiedersehen93, Owner at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear 1Mutley

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with your daughter and her baby. I was very glad to see that you were all well looked after and hope we will welcome you back to Moores very soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I felt let down from the start, really:-

- Half a dozen staff behind the reception desk, none wearing a uniform, more interested in gossiping than working
- I had to ask for the room key because the receptionist didn't give it to me
- I still don't know how much the room cost because I wasn't told, and it wasn't on any of the paperwork I was given
- The second floor room was dated, and uninviting
- Wifi signal present, but erratic and only useful for reading email
- The bulbs in the bedside lights were the older energy-saving type that flicker for a few second before settling, meaning that when you turn them on the middle of the night your eyes go from pitch black to blinding flickering
- the plumbing in the bathroom was noisy
- the stairs for the room above encroached into my room's space somewhat, which in itself wasn't a problem, but it did mean being woken by the tramping feet of the occupants of the room above when they returned at 2am
- the breakfast room wasn't clearly signed
- the food at breakfast was edible but unappetizing
- the checkout barely existed, and thus when my friends called to find out if I'd checked out they were told I hadn't, when in fact I had 45 minutes earlier.

When my boat to Sark was cancelled, I thought I'd make the best of the situation and treat myself to a stay at Moore's. Turned out not to be much of a treat, and if I'm stuck on Guernsey again I'll look elsewhere before I stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mpsuk

I was very sorry to read your review and see how disappointed you were with your stay at Moores. I was particularly concerned about your experience at check in and check out, as generally our feedback from guests regarding our Receptionists is very positive. I believe you arrived during the handover period from morning to afternoon shift as we only have a total of 4 receptionists and a trainee so the "gossip" was more likely to be handing over the morning's issues. However, this does not excuse you not receiving a proper welcome so I do apologise on behalf of the team. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future if you are en route to or from Sark, and if you would like to contact me personally I will ensure you are well looked after.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Hotel right in the middle of town.Comfortable,if slightly dated decor,good food and excellent staff.English breakfast a real treat!!Could be a bit of noise at weekends from local venues but it is in town.The manager came round every evening at dinner to add that "personal" touch and would offer alternative menus if needed. Would definitely use again.Knowing the Island we knew about transport etc.,but for cost and ease of getting around, it makes mainland travel look second rate.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Aufwiedersehen93, Owner at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Senior 22870

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at "Moores". We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and particularly your breakfasts !

We hope you will come back and stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Having stayed recently in a couple of overpriced and unfriendly hotels recently it was a delight to be greeted by the friendly receptionist at Moore's and then shown to one of their elegant suites.

The location is great if you wish to wander around St Peter Port and also close to a taxi rank. The hotel has a small gymn and a couple of bars and restautants and lots of character. There is no swimming pool but I was able to walk to a sister hotel to use theirs for no extra charge.

Some of the walls could do with a fresh lick of paint and the service at breakfast was a bit lacking. However I would definately recommend Moores for a stay in Guernsey.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank NOTTLEFINK
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear NOTTLEFINK

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay with us and I
am so glad that you seemed to find most things to your liking. I would agree
that one of the most important elements of a stay are welcoming and caring
staff and we are fortunate to have such a good team at present.

I am particularly pleased to learn that you made use of our sister hotel
Les Rocquettes' health suite and swimming pool facilities. I am also happy
to be able to advise you that we shall be continuing our on-going refurbishment and
redecoration of some of the public areas and several bedrooms this
coming winter.

In the meantime, I would thank you for your valued custom and assure you
of my best attention at all times.