“Christmas 2013” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Hayling Island
“Christmas 2013”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was our fourth stay at Moores. On each occasion it has been a real pleasure. The General Manager, Stephen Purtil is always kind and considerate, as are all of the staff there. Nothing is ever too much trouble, and the accommodation and meals so very good. If there is anything you want we were told just ask. They can usually see to your needs. The views from the room we prefer, the Sarnia Suite are excellent, and being a town centre hotel any noise is generally not too much at all. We can't fault it, and would hope to return in the near future.

Room Tip: Being a town centre hotel you will not get absolute peace and quiet. Top floor is probably better...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elsie N
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Elsie N

Thank you for your review following your stay with us at Christmas and for all of its kind comments therein, they are much appreciated. It was a real pleasure to welcome you both back to the hotel for what was your third visit to the hotel in 2013 and I am so glad you enjoyed your Christmas with us.

We very much hope to see you again this year as often as you can make it and in the meantime I would thank you for your valued custom to date and assure you of my best attention at all times.

Stephen Purtill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Excellent service throughout. Management excellent from the start and very obliging to our needs.
Food was first class,staff very helpful and pleasant. Bar staff very good,Function room was just what we needed. Stephen organised every thing to perfection.Over night stay was very good bedroom spacious clean and tidy Breakfast was fresh and lovely and nice to be served by staff.
Couldn't fault the hotel and will use Moores Hotel again.
Gordon & Maggie Help

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear gordon h

Thank you for your kind review following your wife’s recent 50th birthday party celebrations with us. It was an absolute pleasure to cater for this special event and I am so glad that everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. As you quite rightly say, the Hideaway is the perfect venue for this type of private function, especially when complemented with first class food and excellent service. I am also pleased that you enjoyed your overnight stay and again, found everything to your liking.

If you think we can ever be of service to you again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel and in the meantime, I would thank you for your valued custom to date and assure you of my best attention at all times.

Exmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a recent visit to Guernsey . An excellent location right in the centre of town and just a couple of minutes walk from the bus terminus .
I was made to feel so welcome by the cheerful smiles of every single member of staff that I saw. A very happy place to stay . The room was clean and spacious and the bed very comfortable. A new spotless bathroom with a lovely bath and shower. Room 223 was well positioned and quiet at the end of a corridor. The food was delicious. Well presented, and a good variety of choice.
I would not hesitate to return there.

Room Tip: Room 223 was quiet, spacious and bright at the end of a corridor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear gloriawendy

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us and for all of its kind comments therein, they have been relayed on to the staff of the hotel and are much appreciated by us all.

I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to Guernsey and found everything at Moores to your liking, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, I would thank you for your valued custom and assure you of my best attention at all times.

Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

very nice location, building and staff.
Welcoming atomosphere, good qulaity food and furnishings......
Helpful reception staff.
clean and tidy rooms, nice bathroom, i would reccomend and return.
wifi ok, and hideaway cafe also fine.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear colin B

I am glad you found the facilities and service the hotel offers to your liking and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Moores in the not too distant future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here twice now for business Hotel is well situated to get about the town, the rooms are of a good standard, comfy beds and good Shower .

Agree with other reviews a little dated the staff were very pleasant and willing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear PatronSilver_12

Thank you for your review following your second stay with us and I am glad that you once again found most things to your liking.

I am pleased to be able to advise you that we will be continuing our rolling refurbishment programme over the coming winter months, with extensive improvements planned for the public areas and to several bedrooms.

In the meantime, we continue to strive to offer good service and hospitality to all our guests and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Moores in the not too distant future.

Thank you for your valued custom to date and assuring you of my best attention at all times..

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Family run hotel - friendly staff - nothing too much trouble. Pleasant, light, very clean room. Choice of three restaurants/cafes. I recommend the Library Bar carvery as excellent value. Centrally located so ideal for shopping, accessing harbour, buses etc. I will certainly return as was made very welcome. Can't comment on the spa as I didn't try it but will next time! I love Guernsey anyway, so was very happy with my stay overall.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel are a bit noisier as the hotel faces the high street, so if you have...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Stuart786

I am glad you found the central location of the hotel to be so convenient and that you received a warm welcome. I am also pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience in the Library Bar and found it such good value. We constantly strive to meet the needs and surpass the expectations of all our guests who come to Guernsey for a whole variety of reasons, whether it be for business or pleasure.

I hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back again to Moores in the not too distant future and in the meantime, would thank you for your valued custom and assure you of my best attention at all times.

Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Rather sadly I needed to work in Guernsey over a weekend so booked a three night stay with Moores. I have stayed here before and one of the primary reasons I choose the hotel is that it is really well located in the centre of St Peter's Port.
Yes, the decor can be a bit dated but the service I received was excellent. For example I arrived early on Friday and my room was not ready. I needed to work so went to the restaurant and the attentive staff there moved a table into the lounge area near a power point and plied me with coffee.
I then checked into my room which was very small - 226. For a double room it was just too tight and then I found that the internet connection was not good there. I rang down to explain that I needed to work. I was immediately offered another room and help to move. I was moved to 313 a much better room with a refurbished bathroom and more importantly for me good internet access.
When unpacking I realised that I had left something in 226 - I rang reception and the very helpful and friendly room assistant who helped me move went to get it.
This for me is personal service and it is exactly why I am always happy to stay at Moores.

Room Tip: If noise worries you ask for a quiet room - the ones facing the street can get noisy - but you are i...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Gotski

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us and for all of its kind comments therein, they are much appreciated. I am glad your working weekend was made more bearable by the helpful service and hospitality you experienced at Moores, something we strive to provide to all our guests.

I am also pleased to be able to advise you that we will be continuing our on-going refurbishment of the public areas over the coming winter months, together with that of several bedrooms and the upgrading of the hotel's Wi-Fi facilities.

In the meantime, I would thank you for your valued custom to date and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Moores in the not too distant future.

Assuring you of my best attention at all times.