“Great hotel and location”

Best Western Moores Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great hotel and location”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just spent 7 nights at Moores and could not fault it. Location is superb but note there is no parking but then the bus terminus is less than 10 mins walk and buses go all over the island. Harbour is 2 to 3 mins walk. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful, always had time to talk to you and made you feel they cared. Food was good but felt pricy however looking round St. Peter Port was no higher than elsewhere. Look out for earlybird meals which can be good at cheaper prices. Another plus at Moores was hotel wide wi fi, performance of this improved dramatically after a visit by IT engineer midway through our stay.. definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Rooms at rear are quieter
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Peter V

Thank you for your comprehensive review following your recent stay with us and for all of its kind comments therein which are much appreciated.

I am particularly pleased to learn that you not only found the very central location of the hotel so convenient, but that it was also complemented by our hospitality and good food. I am also be able to advise you that we are continuing to upgrade the wi-fi at the hotel, now that the redecoration of much of the public areas is finished.

I hope that we shall have the pleasure and privilege of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future and in the meantime, would thank you for your valued custom to date.

Assuring you of my best attention at all times.

Stephen Purtill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was my third visit to this fabulous hotel. I have been twice before with my mum, and this time my husband and I visited. I was welcomed back by staff that remembered me which was lovely. The hotel is well situated and I can't fault it. We did eat out some nights, just to sample some local restaurants, and also ate at the hotel. The food is fabulous, delicious, and very good value. Two or three courses with coffee and home made cookie. Three courses is about £20.00. The menu changes daily. Breakfasts are varied, continental, full english and some specials.
There were some very noisy party goers across the street on the Friday night. Weekends can be a bit noisy I gather if you are at the front of the hotel. Having said that I wouldn't stay anywhere else, I love the place.

Room Tip: We had room 315, a larger room with fridge.
Dear Val9401

Thank you for your comprehensive review following your third visit to the hotel and once again for all of its kind comments therein, they are much appreciated by us all. It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us again and I am so glad that you all enjoyed yourselves so much.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back for your fourth visit in the not too distant future and in the meantime I would thank you for your valued custom to date and assure you of my best attention at all times.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed in the Moores hotel for a couple of days on business. Very comfortable stay, good food in the bar and breakfast. The location was exceptionally good, right in the centre of town, close to the harbour, shops ande restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Nick H

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review following your recent stay with us and for all of its kind comments therein. You seemed to have summed up very concisely what we aspire to offer here at Moores and I am so glad that everything was to your liking.

I hope we shall have the pleasure and privilege of welcoming you to Moores again the near future and in the meantime I would thank you for your valued custom to date and assure you of my best attention at all times.

Wadebridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We used our Tesco Vouchers to have a short break on Guernsey and found Moores Central a very welcoming hotel. Arriving at the airport before 8am could ppresent problems with the check-in, but the staff were so helpful. Room 104 was in the annex and very spacious. ( I do think the hotel should invest in some Nespresso coffee machines though).
We did eat in the Conservatory the first night as the menu looked good value. The food was okay but didn't have the 'X' Factor. Other evenings we tried the Library Bar on a busy night which did a great rib-eye steak, though it was a long wait between starter and main. Another night we had their carvery - great beef but nil points for soggy beans and unadventurous vegetables.
Breakfast was fine with a choice of a mild kipper, and decent bacon and sausages.
All staff were so welcoming and helpful.
Awful internet connection.
We always take our own pillows. The room was rather warm from the bathroom heater which we asked to be adjusted but still remained hot. A bit of noise outside but not excessive.
A good stay

Dear lambrays

Thank you for taking the time to write your comprehensive review following your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you found most things to your liking and in particular, that the staff were helpful and hospitable. I shall, however, investigate the situation with the wi-fi immediately and will relay on your comments about the food to kitchen.

In the meantime, I would thank you for your valued custom to date and assure you of my best attention at all times.

Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed for two weeks at the De Havelet Hotel where the food was excellent, so we thought we would go the Conservatory for our last evening meal. We were given bread at the start of our meal, but only one small slice. At the De Havelet they keep coming until you say no! We had Twice Cooked Belly pork, which was fatty and had absolutely no crispness at all. I left quite a lot of it. The sweet was forgettable. When we paid, we felt it was not a patch on the De Havelet with none of its personal charm. We were asked if we had enjoyed our meal and were honest in our reply. The waiter/ man who took our card just said, "Oh sorry!" What is the point of asking, if nothing is done to address the complaint???? Will not be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Aufwiedersehen93, Owner at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Milly00

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was very sorry to read that your meal in the Conservatory was a disappointment particularly when you were so happy with the restaurant at our sister hotel, De Havelet. We will take your points on board concerning the bread, and also work with our restaurant brigade to ensure they know how to deal with situations such as yours.

I hope you will return to Guernsey, and when you do please give us another opportunity to look after you.

Karel Harris
Managing Director
wales
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here last year for a couple of nights and although our stay was good and the food excellent the decor was looking very tired....but not any more!! The hotel has had a makeover with new carpets and wall coverings giving it a very nice fresh clean look. The food was as good as ever no complaints we will be back!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ramblerWales
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear ramblerWales

Thank you for your review following your recent repeat stay with us and for all of its kind comments therein. It was particularly pleasing to read that you had noticed the improvements we have made to the public areas décor and carpets since your previous visit last year, whilst still maintaining the excellent standard of food you so enjoyed.

I hope we shall have the pleasure and privilege of welcoming you back again in the not distant future and in the meantime, I would thank you for your valued custom to date and assure you of my best attention at all times.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this wonderful hotel a couple of nights in March. If anyone wants to spend time in a hotel in Guernsey, I recommend Best Western Moores Central Hotel.
An excellent location right in the centre of town and just a couple of minutes walk from the bus terminus . We were made to feel so welcome by the cheerful smiles of every single member of staff.
Great food, great everything. Lovely experience !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RichardHowardson
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear RichardHowardson

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us and for all of its kind words which are much appreciated.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am glad you found the very central location of the hotel to be convenient and that the staff were welcoming and hospitable and that you enjoyed the food, indeed the whole experience of your visit to Guernsey and Moores.

We hope to have the pleasure and privilege of welcoming you both back again in the not too distant future.