“Great location”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Oxon
“Great location”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My wife and I have just stayed at this hotel for two nights, on arrival the reception was very friendly and helpful when checking in. The room was lovely, large with en-suite bathroom, flat screen telly, ironing board, wifi, and tea making facilities. Breakfast was a buffet of cereal and fruit with a cooked breakfast to order, everyone had a smile and were very pleasant and helpful, if I went to Guernsey again I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nigel-St
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear Nigel-St

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay with us and I am so pleased to learn that everything was to your liking, especially the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and am glad the facilities on offer also met with your approval.

We hope to have the pleasure and privilege of welcoming you back to Moores in the not too distant future and in the meantime, I would thank you for your valued custom to date and assure you of my best attention at all times.

Stephen Purtill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Four friends arrived on the Condor Ferry from Jersey in the early evening. We could have walked to the hotel if we hadn't had luggage. The reception staff were always pleasant and very helpful. We had dinner in the Library Bar, which we all greatly enjoyed. We had breakfast in the Conservatory Restaurant and a lunch in the Hideaway Brasserie. We stayed at Moore's before going to Alderney and Sark and again before leaving at the end of the trip. It has a wonderful location, and one can walk to the Herm and Sark boats, and to shops, restaurants, and local attractions. We stayed at the back of the hotel, which was quiet at night. As it was warm, windows were open, and the most noise came from another room during the afternoon when a couple was arguing for several hours. Finally, another guest called out to ask them to be quiet. The stay at Moore's was very pleasant, the hotel was very clean, and the staff were excellent. We'll return.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are away from the street, so you don't hear the night revelers or the early mo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear HOLLyhurst

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write your kind review following your recent stay with us ad for all of its kind comments therein they are much appreciated by us all. I am so glad that we met and hopefully exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the whole Guernsey experience, especially with you being so far from home.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Moores on your next visit to the island in the not too distant future and in the meantime, I would thank you for your valued custom to date and assure you of my best attention at all times.

--------------------------------------------------
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Just spent 2 weeks here and it was amazing. The staff were brilliant and always attentive to guests needs. Mine was a working visit so didn't do any sightseeing. I will definitely go back and explore Guernsey , and the Moores will be my first port of call. Can I add a special thanks to the extra hard working guys at the Conservatory, never a bad meal and service second to none. Always made me feel welcome and safe as a lone female traveller. Thank you all x

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Karen S
Dear Karen S

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us, your kind comments are appreciated by us all, especially the Service Team in the Conservatory. It was a pleasure to have you be our guest and I am so glad that you enjoyed the hospitality you experienced, during what was a working visit whilst away from home.

I hope we shall have the privilege of welcoming you back to Moores again the not too distant future, perhaps for a more relaxing break on the next occasion and in the meantime, I would thank you for your valued custom to date and assure you of my best attention at all times.

Watchet, Somerset
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I can only write in superlatives about this hotel and ALL those who work there. My husband and I spent last week there and from the moment of booking earlier in the year until our departure EVERYTHING was excellent. Perfect location for walking,visiting Herm and Sark and the hotel gave us a free Island afternoon tour. Our room was on the top floor overlooking the port and was very spacious. Everywhere was very clean, food in the restaurant was varied, cooked well and served efficiently with all waiters smiling,friendly and helpful. This hotel and its staff gave us a perfect week and we wish we were still there! I recommend it without hesitation.

Room Tip: Room 313 was spacious with a grand view across the harbour. We would want this on a future visit. So...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear FreoJan

Thank you for taking the time to write your highly complimentary review following your recent stay with us, your kind comments are much appreciated by us all, especially those concerning the friendliness and of the staff and the hospitality you experienced. It was a pleasure to have you both stay with us and I am so glad that we met and hopefully exceeded all your expectations.

I hope we shall have the privilege of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future and in the meantime, would thank you for your valued custom to date and assure you of my best attention at all times.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed for 3 nights whilst working on the island. Great central location, easy access to St Peter Port and great food.
My room was up in the third floor and despite it having a 1970's air conditioning unit installed, it was very warm!
Room very comfortable, large bathroom with a good sized bath and over shower. Free wifi that's fast and reliable is a bonus.
Reception staff where go very friendly, welcoming and professional but to be honest, I found the Restraunt staff a little brisk and impolite. I was dining alone (oh the joys of work!) and did feel a little uncountable. Having said that - all food was great.
Will return later in the year.

Room Tip: Try for a room off the ground floor - 3rd floor seemed ok but very warm in summer.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Aufwiedersehen93, Owner at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear SimplySafety31

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay. We are very pleased to see you enjoyed the meals you took with us, and will pass your compliments on to the Reception team for their hospitality. I am very glad to see you will be returning later in the year and we look forward to welcoming you back to Moores.

Kind regards

Karel Harris
Managing Director
Yorktown Heights, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Perfect location in downtown St Peter Port. Very good hotel, although they could use an improvement in their breakfast buffet (there is more to breakfast than toast or Kellog's). On the other hand, you're OK if you don't mind the British full cooked breakfast and you consider counting calories as a competitive sport where the highest value wins.

The location is excellent, on the main shopping street, within easy access to the buses (nobody in their right mind would rent a car in Guernsey), and easy access to the sights in St Peter Port. The staff were friendly and polite. You are in the center of things, which means it can be noisy on the weekends, but you can't have it all ways.

The rooms are very nice, clean, and well equipped.

The bar isn't bad either, although there's plenty of competition within staggering distance.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Moores.

Room Tip: Rooms at the "back" are quieter on the weekends.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear IanKiltman

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the great location. I will keep an eye on our breakfast buffet to make sure we have plenty of healthy options to offset our wonderful "Full English" offering.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Moores in the future.

Kind regards
Karel Harris
Managing Director
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely, friendly hotel. The terrace at the hotel was a great place to relax and unwind. Centrally located in the heart of everything and opposite the Condor Ferry terminal, so no need to bring your car! My only feedback is that we ordered newspapers and expected them to delivered or left outside our door and we had to collect it from reception. Other than that a fabulous weekend stay.

• Stayed August 2014
Aufwiedersehen93, General Manager at Best Western Moores Central Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Jo P

Thank you for your recent review following your recent stay with us and for all of its kind comments therein, they are much appreciated by us all. I am particularly glad that you were able to relax and enjoy your break being so far away from home and that you found the staff so friendly.

I hope we shall have the pleasure and privilege of welcoming you back to Moores on your next visit to Guernsey and in the meantime would thank you for your valued custom to date and assure you of my best attention at all times.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
#6 of 19 in St Peter Port
La Barbarie Hotel
La Barbarie Hotel
#1 of 9 in St Martins

Been to Best Western Moores Central Hotel? Share your experiences!