“excellent for the price”

La Collinette Hotel Apartments & Cottages
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 18 June 2008

I have just stayed here for a couple of nights on business. My room was clean and comfortable and the staff (mainly Latvian!) were very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were very tasty and they also have a good bar. I did not eat in the hotel as I was being entertained but the other residents told me the Kashmara restaurant is very good. There is also a lovely outdoor pool.

My only small gripe is that the water pressure is not very good for someone who likes a shower. Apart from that this is a very pleasant hotel, but be aware that it is a 20 minute walk into town and the hills are quite steep.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank andyjansy

Reviewed 5 June 2008

I will base this review on what I believe is the very inaccurate description presented on the hotel's website:

"high quality pillows and sheets" - these were actually some of the worst I have ever encountered, and made the bed very uncomfortable

"satellite tv" - not in my room. I could get the four terrestrial channels, and at least one of those had a far from clear picture

"complimentary apples" - again, not in my room

"dvd" - yes, but very old and wouldn't play any DVDs I took with me. The DVD rental library is expensive and dated

"good sized baths and 'proper' showers" - had the water pressure been any lower I would have been attempting to shower in a mist

Moving around the upper floors is also so noisy that you are unlikely to experience any peace in your room if there are any other guests.

The only redeeming features are the very friendly restaurant and bar staff, and very tasty a la carte. I would prefer to return to a room in a different hotel afterwards though.

• Stayed: May 2008
4  Thank AetherUk
Reviewed 2 April 2008

I think we stayed in the same room as ksmith38a - as I was about to write an identical review! Stayed in the hotel for 4 nights over Easter...and ok, every room in the hotel is differently decorated...however the carpet in our room was like a front door mat, so my wife found even walking around in socks to be uncomfortable! Some of the rooms towards the back also looked small...ALL of the staff are from Eastern Europe and are friendly, although create some language barriers. The restaurant and bar is very nice - Moroccan themed - although the menu is now a traditional British menu which was also disappointing after the hotel website suggested differently. The breakfasts though were very good, and they provide a children's food menu (if you warn them at least 24 hours in advance).

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank RichardReading
Reviewed 24 March 2008

I absolutely love this hotel, and I am currently writing this review from my hotel room at La Collinette.

It is not the world's most modern place, but it is comfortable and clean. I stay here regularly, and the staff go out of their way to be helpful. For example, when I arrive after room service has finished, the receptionist will always make me something to eat, last time I got a pile of toast and cheese and jam, and it was so welcome.

The wifi access isn't perfect but it's there at least, the speed could be a bit better, but when away from home you have to work with what you have. There are dvd players in every room, which, for a low room rate, is fabby. It's usually the highest rated hotels that provide these. The swap library is a great idea.

I love the homely touches in this hotel, and the helpfulness of the staff, and I can't rate it highly enough.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank pauliejones
Reviewed 28 February 2008

I stay in Guernsey a lot on business. This is one of the better hotels at a very good price.

The rooms are homely rather than luxurious. The bathroom is basic and the shower annoying (old fashioned run the bath then pull the switch and hope the water temperature remains the same)

The breakfast is very good. Staff are super friendly.

An easy stroll to town.

Good cheerful hotel with a nice bar.

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank cornish007
Reviewed 26 January 2008

Came across this hotel by accident, having had a frightful experience at a nearby hotel the night before.I needed to find somewhere to stay quickly and a passer-by recommended I tried this one.
A Georgian hotel with high ceilings in its reception, a beautiful lounge, lovely staircase, and a Morrocan themed restaurant, the food was very reasonably priced, quite edible and tasty. The staff were very friendly, and nothing was too much trouble. The waitresses were absolutely delightful, and very pleasant and helpful. My room was spacious, and with lovely big Georgian windows (they didn´t rattle- you have turn the knob on the window frame to close it, and the shower fittind are supposed to be representative of that era, silly you from Scotland too.) In fact, from now on when I book a hotel I shall say I saw it on trip advisor. What a wonderful site.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank mandycAberdeen
Reviewed 18 January 2008

Just stayed at the Club House. After reading the reviews on this web site I decided to book a room for my visit.

To say I am dissapointed is an understatement.
The room was cold, draughty, the windows and door rattled all night, the food was mediocre with a limited range and the "carpet" was more like a large outdoor jute mate, not very comfortable to walk on in bear feet. Try walking on your door mat in bare feet for a few minuets.
The bathroom was shabby with no proper shower, only a bath with mixer taps and a shower attachment. All the windows where single glazed which did nothing to help keep out the noise from the street, especially the small motorbikes and scooters which seemed to plauge the area. The decor had seen better days and was in desperate need of a refresh.

All in all, not what i was expecting.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business