“A great stay”
Review of Les Rocquettes

Les Rocquettes
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I've travelled lots with my work and stayed at many hotels. Les Rocquettes was a really pleasant experience in that they did everything well which made for a very memorable 4-day stay. Food, ambience, rooms, leisure facilities, staff... all very good. Couldn't fault anything. Would recommend for a St Peter Port stay without hesitation (20 min leisurely stroll to centre). We also went to Hotel De Havelet (sister hotel) for an evening meal, again the food and service was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 March 2011

This hotel has an excellent swimming pool/gym complex, the food was beautifully presented and delicious and, most importantly, the staff are very welcoming and helpful. We had a very relaxing break.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2011

The hotel was very friendly and homely. The room was cleaned to perfection and all the staff were friendly and helpful. The bar had a great atmosphere and the pool was clean and inviting.
The food was very good and good value if staying half board. The steaks were excellent.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Only deciding to stay at the last moment, i called the hotel and was greeted nicely, even though i had forgot my credit cards the staff held a room. Upon arrival iwas met by a pleasant team at reception, upon hearing i would be leaving leaving early offered to have a breakfast brought to my room as the breakfast room would not be open at that timThe room was clean and spacious. I went to the pool and was again met with a smile, so often missing from staff in the UK. Not sure of what to eat i went to the bar/resturaunt, speaking with the host i was not sure if i wanted fine dining alone he offered to serve me from either menu in the bar. After a few minutes in the bar i decided to eat in the resturaunt as the bar was a bit too lively to eat in. The food was excellent, because it was so good i had three courses when i normally only ever have two!!! The staff again were attentive informative and helpful. I left the resturaunt having thoroughly enjoyed my dinining experience. Leaving early i left my coat in the room, upon landing in southampton i called the hotel, the reception team were extremely helpful and srang into action. The coat is an expensive boating coat, so i was anxious to get it back. within an hour the coat had been loccated and it was arranged the staff would pack it and post it too me. This was done at a very mnimal charge and i was kept informed throughout. I would recomend this hotel to friends and colleagues. I frequently travel alone throughout the UK and it can be a lonely existance on occasions, not at the Rocquettes, it was a very nice warm and enjoyable experience. A team effort, of which the management can be proud.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank guesswho66
Reviewed 28 January 2011

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful from the front desk to the restaurant.

I got a newly refurbished room which was spacious, clean and well furnished and I have no complaints at all. The rate was what you would expect, not exceptional but not over priced either.

My family love the Channel Islands and being sent here on business was a real bonus for me as I could visit restaurants and bars that I don't visit with the family. I had some great meals in Guernsey as they have some unique restaurants which match or exceed the ones on offer in Jersey. The hotel food was also good and the breakfast buffet ample.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank IslandsLover1
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Everything about this hotel was a pleasure - the staff, the rooms, the health suite, the food. We had opted for half board and found the menu choices to be excellent. In another town this would be a four star hotel - not sure why it only gets three. The hotel has a courtesy bus service to take you down the hill to town and back, if the times suit you. Our only disappointment was that we had booked two days but would happily have stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Having stayed at this hotel in February in a Superior room, I booked again for April (in a stahdard room) as I could not get into my main choice hotel (De Havelet). I now regret it. The Reception staff were nice. The room was in great need of redecoration, the dressing table top was stained, the bathroom had no mixer tap on the shower so it took an age to get the temperature right (what a waste of time and water). The soap dish on the bath fell off due to rust (see picture). The towel rail wiring was I think illegal! (see pictures) It was almost bare at the wall and on the towel rail it was taped with black tape. The last time I was here the food was quite good but this time the "hot" food at breakfast was almost cold, the fish I ordered from the kitchen on the 2nd day was late despite many reminders and no interest from staff. The staff seemed to not communicate - not a team. We decided not to eat here for other meals this time. The hotel advertises as a walk from the city centre, but it is a 15 minute walk downhill on a very busy road (car fumes) and too steep to walk back unless you are very fit, so we had to bus (admittedly only 60p per ride). My last stay in Guernsey in March was at their sister hotel (Best Western DeHavelet) which was far far superior and not in the same league. I assume this hotel can't meet the standards required by Best Western. I would not stay at this hotel again - it would be the DeHavelet or nothing. Don't go there! To top it, the swimming pool was out of action. The wi-fi was quite good though.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple