The Duke of Richmond Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel(St Peter Port)
US$226
US$201
US$209
US$187
Grange Lodge Hotel(St Peter Port)
US$146
La Fregate Hotel(St Peter Port)
US$285
US$231
La Piette Hotel(St Peter Port)
US$175
US$175
US$170
Orbitz.com
US$168
Les Rocquettes(St Peter Port)
US$215
US$285
US$276
US$241
US$198
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsleopard barcandie gardensred carnation hotelfirst classafternoon teajunior suitehigh standardstar servicewonderful hotelrestaurant staffsea viewkipperswedding anniversaryfront of housethree nightsold government housebreakfast and dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Duke of Richmond and loved it.

Was there for 4 nights in early April 2014. The staff was helpful from the moment I pulled up juggling 3 bags. My room couldn't have been better - beautifully decorated, beyond comfortable (sofa, easy chair, desk, breakfast table with 2 side chair which I rearranged to take advantage of the great view of the Channel in the distance).

Loved breakfast in Leopard Bar & Restaurant - good food, beautiful decor, great views, staff was friendly and accommodating - recognized me on the second morning and asked if I wanted a double latte. Went out of their way to make sure everything was to my liking.

A short stroll to the Harbor through beautiful gardens and charming streets. I'm a runner - ran to the Castle and Aquarium ... a nice loop.

Would have liked to spend more time and explore. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
DukeRichmond, Deputy Manager at The Duke of Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear John M,

I would like to thank you for posting this wonderful review on TripAdvisor. It is very rewarding for all of our team to know that they helped to make your stay with us a memorable one.

We are indeed so lucky to live on such an idyllic island and we all love to ensure that our guests are able to share it with us. The next time you visit our Concierge team will be delighted to recommend places to see and visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Duke of Richmond Hotel for another enjoyable and memorable stay!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have recently returned from a two night stay at the hotel and we can't rate the hotel highly enough. The rich splendor of the reception was an indication of the unique, luxurious decoration and attention to detail throughout the hotel. Our room was wonderful - extremely comfortable and very spacious, especially when compared to a London hotel. We were fortunate to have a balcony on which to enjoy the lovely view of the bay. We enjoyed a delicious evening meal in the hotel and the quality of the breakfast was excellent. Without exception all of the staff were extremely courteous and committed to ensuring that our short stay was very special. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Diana H,

Thank you for finding the time to post these delightful comments on TripAdvisor! It gave me the greatest pleasure to share your kind comments with our team who were delighted to learn how much you liked the hotel. They are truly our greatest asset and one of the reasons for our hotel’s success!

Thank you for complimenting us on the quality of breakfasts. We believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so we are very happy to offer a variety of healthy choices for our guests to choose from, whether they decide to opt for a Continental or full English breakfast.
We sincerely hope that we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel next time you decide to visit our beautiful island!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I don't know what is required for a hotel to have 5 stars, but for me, staying at the Duke of Richmond was a five star experience. We stayed in a junior suite which was beautifully decorated and which had a very spacious terrace on which we could sit and relax. Everything was spotlessly clean and both bedding and towels were of a very high quality. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - this hotel clearly spends time on staff training - and both we and our two dogs felt very looked after. (Our dogs were presented with home made doggy treats and very plush beds which put ours at home to shame. Shortly after arrival we were given a specially made doggy door hang with a picture of our dogs, to indicate whether we were in or out of the room). There is some reserved parking outside the hotel and also parking controlled by a parking clock next to the hotel. We didn't have any particular problem parking but at very busy times, I think this could be a potentially problem, although the staff will do their best to help out. This is a truly fabulous hotel and we would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chocolateloverlondon,

Thank you for the great feedback you shared with other travellers on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Duke of Richmond Hotel. It was wonderful to read that you felt you had received a five star service from our team, who were thrilled with your comments! Our team and I were delighted you found your Junior Suite comfortable and it also gave us the greatest pleasure to ensure your dogs were not left out and their bedding and treats were of the highest quality for their utmost enjoyment and comfort as well.

We hope we will have another opportunity of welcoming you all to our hotel next time you decide to have your holidays in Guernsey!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at the duke for four nights and it was a lovely experience. The room was gorgeous, breakfast delightful and the staff very friendly and helpful. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because the room didn't come with an iron, the bathroom was very small and felt a bit outdated, and on the day of my departure the staff were not as professional as expected. The overall experience was still very good though and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Petals88
DukeRichmond, Deputy Manager at The Duke of Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Petals88,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback following your recent stay with us at The Duke of Richmond Hotel. I was delighted that you felt that you had a lovely experience and that you found your room comfortable, enjoyed breakfast and found our team friendly and helpful.

I was however very disappointed to learn that you were not satisfied with your bathroom. We have an ongoing maintenance programme and I will ensure that this bathroom is looked at as a matter of priority. We have irons and ironing boards available for our guests and I am sorry that it was not made clear to you that these could be requested at any time during your stay. I have asked our Reservations team to make a note on your guest profile to ensure that, should you return to stay with us again, we place these in your room prior to arrival.

I was also very concerned that you did not feel that the team were as professional as expected when you checked out. As a Red Carnation Hotel we place enormous importance on our staff training so it is all the more disappointing to hear that your last impression of the hotel was not a good one. Please rest assured that I will be discussing this with the whole team to ensure that the high standards of service that we pride ourselves on are maintained at all times.

Guest feedback, negative as well as positive, is very important to us as it is only through comments such as yours that we are able to ensure that our guests leave us having had a truly memorable experience. I hope that this will not put you off returning to The Duke of Richmond Hotel and I look forward to being welcome you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was my first trip to Guernsey and the team at the Duke of Richmond made it memorable. The island itself is beautiful and the Duke of Richmond hotel is a gem. My room was tastefully decorated, in a traditional style, whilst the bathroom and the facilities were modern. I had the pleasure of dining twice at the restaurant and the food was delicious (in particular the cheesecake). Breakfast was lovely too but the thing that really stood out was the attentive service by the team there. Thank you Duke of Richmond, I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony L
DukeRichmond, Deputy Manager at The Duke of Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Tony L,

Our team and I were delighted with your wonderful comments following your recent stay at The Duke of Richmond Hotel. It has made us all very happy to read that you were impressed with your elegantly decorated bedroom with its modern facilities and the attentive, friendly service offered by our team. Our chefs were very pleased that you enjoyed their delicious food and particularly the cheesecake, one of our best-selling desserts created by Mrs Bea Tollman, Founder and President of The Red Carnation Hotel Collection.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for what we hope will be another memorable and relaxing experience!