“Great hotel”

The Duke of Richmond Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here as part of our celebration for our Ruby Wedding anniversary and had a great time. Our room was spacious and quiet and the bed extremely comfortable. The food was excellent, the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
DukeRichmond, Hotel Manager at The Duke of Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Judy W,

I would like to thank you for finding the time to post your comments following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased that you had a great time celebrating your Ruby wedding anniversary and it is wonderful that you found your spacious room quiet and beds comfortable. Our team were very happy to read that you enjoyed our food and their friendly and helpful service.

We hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you to The Duke of Richmond Hotel for another enjoyable stay in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have stopped in the OGH and much preferred the DOR. WE like this group of hotels and invariably have great service. The hotel manager was very visible and took time to engage with guests. The front of house team were all very friendly, helpful and informative. Our room was lovely, very spacious and well appointed. We thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay and will return next time we are on the island.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david1960uk

Dear David1960uk,

Thank you for rating our hotel so highly in your TripAdvisor review. I was delighted to hear that you have stayed in other Red Carnation Hotels and that you received a warm welcome and friendly service here at The Duke of Richmond. Our team and I were very pleased that you found your room well-appointed, spacious and nicely decorated.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if I can be of any further assistance to help you arrange your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Certainly not cheap and the rooms are New York size rather than spacious, but this is a good place to stay in an ever more expensive Guernsey. Within walking distance of the city centre, this very comfortable hotel has a great restaurant and the staff cannot be faulted.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear PierrelePilote,

I would like to thank you for finding the time to share your recent experience at The Duke of Richmond Hotel with other travellers. I was sorry to learn that you found your room on the smaller size. We have a number of different room categories available so I have asked our reservations team to make a note on your guest profile so that they can recommend a more spacious option for you should you choose to stay with us again. I was delighted that you enjoyed dining in The Leopard Restaurant and it will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with the team.

We hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to The Duke of Richmond Hotel next time you are in Guernsey!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Party of four of us stayed last week, in two superior rooms. The rooms were spacious, superbly decorated to a high class, beds as comfortable as you could wish for and truely King size. Decor throughtout the hotel was to a high standard and can be described as quirky. Service and staff were top notch, while not always a fan of dining in a hotel, the menu and food were superb.Looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Shelia W,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us. It is wonderful that you found our superior rooms very spacious, comfortable and superbly decorated and I was very pleased to read that you liked the high standard of our unique, quirky interiors and that you enjoyed dining in The Leopard Restaurant. It will be my pleasure to share your compliments about the excellent service they gave you with the whole team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your friends back to The Duke of Richmond Hotel and hope your next stay will be as memorable as this one.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Duke of Richmond over the Easter weekend on a getaway from London. We booked transport with the hotel directly which I would highly recommend anyone doing, it is very convenient and the best way to get an introduction to Guernsey on the way. The arrival was fantastic warm friendly and made us feel like old friends returning. We dined in the hotel on both night and I can assure you it is a fantastic experience not to be missed, Guernsey itself is a lovely island with some great walks and local shops to explore. The coastline is very rugged and the hotel Manager Lukas gave us a great recommendation for a fantastic walk and a great little hidden pub right on the coast. The room was amazing too filled with special Easter goodies as well, the view from the balcony was of the island which was brilliant to wake up to every morning

Do yourself a favour and have a drink in the bar too, it is quaint and beautifully decorated with an amazing cocktail and wine list, something that is not found everywhere on the island.

We will definitely be back, it was an amazing and relaxing experience which we both cant wait to repeat.

Room Tip: Book a room with a balcony its brillian to enjoy a coffee to start your day
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DukeRichmond, Hotel Manager at The Duke of Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Uktotheworld,

I would like to thank you for finding the time to share your experience at The Duke of Richmond Hotel over Easter with other travellers. I was delighted to read that you received a very warm welcome from our team, which was a great introduction to a relaxing and enjoyable break in our beautiful island. I was delighted to share with my team that you felt comfortable in your Sea-view balcony room; enjoyed dining in The Leopard Restaurant and were impressed with the cocktails and wine available in the bar.

We hope we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back to The Duke of Richmond Hotel next time you decide to escape the city!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went last Saturday with my daughter and grand-daughter for afternoon tea. It's been a long time since I've visited the hotel and what a lovely place.
Once seated in the airy and bright conservatory, we had ample time to choose which tea to order and the choice of teas (for a coffee drinker) was interesting. I choose the spiced apple, the others choose earl grey and fruity berry. It was a bonus to find that the teas were leaf and not any bagged varieties in sight! The waiter who brought the food explained what the sandwiches were and the nice selection of cakes plus scones, jam and clotted cream,. A very pleasant and relaxing afternoon, with perfect company. The staff were very attentive and friendly and the overall service was excellent.
I would definitely recommend a visit for the experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 62Penny
DukeRichmond, Hotel Manager at The Duke of Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear 62Penny,

I would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Duke of Richmond Hotel and for recommending us to other Trip Advisor users. We were thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time with your family in The Leopard Restaurant and that you found it a pleasant and relaxing setting for all of you. Thank you for your kind comments about our friendly and attentive service which I will be delighted to pass on to the team.

We hope we will have another opportunity of welcoming you to our Leopard Restaurant for another enjoyable experience!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed for one week at The Duke of Richmond hotel.
The room that had been allocated to us was not really suitable for a stay of 7 days and, to be fair, the front of house manager, Jo, sorted things out very quickly and we moved to a bigger room.
Overall it is an excellent hotel with good, efficient and friendly staff. Breakfast was excellent and the several dinners that we had during our stay were also very good.

Room Tip: The hotel is quite an old building and therefore rooms do vary in size. Prior to making a booking, s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 mi away
Hotel Bella Luce
Hotel Bella Luce
#2 of 9 in St Martins

Been to The Duke of Richmond Hotel? Share your experiences!