“Unbelievably Efficient and Friendly Service”

The Duke of Richmond Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed for one night as part of our Honeymoon trip to the Channel Islands. We mentioned our recent wedding at check-in and within ten minutes of being shown our room, the concierge was knocking on our door with complimentary glasses of champagne 'in honour of our marriage'. The room was well appointed, with quality toiletries, fluffy and well-fitting robes and a very, very comfortable bed. We had an unplanned dinner in the restaurant and we were very thankful that the staff found us a table at the last minute. The restaurant staff were unbelievably efficient and we were impressed with the well presented and delicious food. Overall, we had a fabulous and memorable stay and we recommend this hotel unreservedly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
DukeRichmond, Hotel Manager at The Duke of Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Catherine K,

Thank you for the kind comments you posted on TripAdvisor and for recommending us to other travellers. We were thrilled to read that you had a fabulous time on your honeymoon stay with us. My team and I were very pleased that you found your room well-appointed and comfortable and that you loved our fluffy robes! It is wonderful that you have chosen to dine with us and that you thought the meal was delicious and well presented. I would be also delighted to compliment my team on their efficient and friendly service.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if I can be of any further assistance to help you arranging your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

After having returned to Germany safe and sound it is essential for me to say thank you again for a wonderful holiday. This time I got a "blue room" and I really loved it. The view was nice and enough space for all the stuff which I always need for a three weeks stay. The food was excellent and the service not only in the Restaurant, where Olga, Carina, Bianca and Orlando are taking a tantastic care for everybody, but also in all other parts of the hotel was awesome. As usual I was lucky with the weather and there is no better place for an afternoon coffee as on the terrace of the DOR. Thanks a lot and I definitely look forward to see everybody again next year.
Gabriela from Germany

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Gabriela S

Dear Gabriela,

I would like to thank you once again for finding the time to post your kind comments following your recent stay with us. We are always delighted to hear that you had a relaxing, enjoyable time at what I believe has become your real home-away- from home in Guernsey and I am pleased that you liked your ‘blue’ room overlooking Cambridge Park. All of our team are very pleased to hear that you thought our service was fabulous- friendly and attentive and I will be thrilled to send your special thanks to Olga, Carina, Bianca and Orlando.

We cannot wait to welcome you back to our hotel for your next summer holiday!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

From arrival at the hotel to departure, we could not fault the friendliness and professionalism of all the staff. We had booked the wine tasting package which was hosted by Orlando and he introduced us to some wonderful red wines. He made the experience fun and we would recommend it to anyone. We were asked beforehand what type of wines we would like to sample. The quality of the food, cooking and presentation was excellent and we could not fault either this or the service. Thank you to Olga and all of the team! Please stay here if you can. We think you will not be disappointed!

Dear Gary W,

What a wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Duke of Richmond Hotel with other travellers. I was delighted to read that you had a great time with us, enjoying our delicious food and wine-tasting experience with Orlando.
It will be my pleasure to pass your comments about professional and friendly service to all our team, who made your stay so special.

We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel very soon for another memorable and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Just returned from an all too brief stay whilst on business locally. It’s been over a year since I last stayed but was a very welcome return. The hotel is high quality in every respect but what sets it aside from other establishments is the staff. Nothing is ever too much trouble, they are always attentive but never intrusive. Olga who manages the team in the restaurant is exceptional, a consummate professional who goes out of her way to ensure you have a perfect dining experience, I’ve never been anything but delighted with the food it’s always fresh, tasty, cooked to perfection and beautifully presented . I would agree with another reviewer the standard rooms are not vast but they are spotlessly clean, very well appointed with high quality fixtures and fittings, if you need acres of space book a superior room or suite. I look forward to my next visit whenever that may be.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon R
DukeRichmond, Hotel Manager at The Duke of Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Simon R,

I would like to thank you for finding the time to post your kind comments following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you received a warm welcome from all our team. It is wonderful that our comfortable, spotlessly clean room and delicious, beautifully presented food made your stay perfect. Most of all, I was delighted that you enjoyed the attentive and efficient service from our team, who will be extremely motivated to hear that. It will also be my pleasure to pass on your kind compliments to Olga, Restaurant Manager, who always ensures all our guests have a memorable experience whilst dining in our Leopard Restaurant.

We hope we have another opportunity of welcoming you back to The Duke of Richmond Hotel next time you will be coming to Guernsey.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed for 4 nights on business. Room was small but adequate and the decor was...colorful. Bed was excellent, and with a bad back, I tend to remember bad ones! Breakfast lovely, with very attentive but unobtrusive staff. Probably only reason I wouldn't award 5, is the lack of space to work in the room. Small desk and just a stool to sit on at correct height. Ate in the Leopard restaurant one evening and it was very good, look for the fish specials.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear ManxMountaineers ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We were delighted to read that you found our service attentive and that you enjoyed our breakfasts and fish from daily specials in our Leopard Restaurant. I am sorry you found your room not spacious enough to work in, and would like to assure you that we offer various room categories with separate sitting area and desk that you will find more comfortable next time you stay with us. I would like to ask you to contact me directly at the hotel and I will be very happy to assist you in choosing the most suitable room for your business needs.

I hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to The Duke of Richmond Hotel next time you are in Guernsey.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay at this great hotel. Excellent room, spotless with good facilities. We had a large sea view room which overlooked the terrace although admittedly the "sea view" was a bit of an exaggeration! We could see the sea- just a long way in the distance and view largely blocked by a tree. Great room nonetheless. Majority of staff really friendly and nothing too much trouble. Good food and a nice location next to Candie Park which is worth a free visit! We are likely to be back sometime!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view room with balcony if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
DukeRichmond, Hotel Manager at The Duke of Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear KeithCheshire_UK,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Duke of Richmond Hotel with other travellers. We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed staying in our Superior Sea-view room, which you found spotlessly clean, with good facilities. We have noted your comments about the sea-view and will make a note about your preference on your profile for any future bookings. It will be my pleasure to pass your comments about friendly service and great food on to all our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Duke of Richmond Hotel next time you decide to visit Guernsey.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

It is not often that you find a hotel that ticks ALL the boxes for you, but I do believe we have just found 'The One'!
My husband and I wanted a short break to celebrate our 28th Wedding Anniversary and, never having been to Guernsey before, we thought we'd give it a try.
What a revelation this hotel is - beautifully decorated in a very quirky style, everything spotlessly clean, wonderful food and one of the best hotel' breakfast choices' we have ever seen.
But the thing that makes this hotel different is the attention to the little details that in themselves seem small, but taken together lift the service to another level eg bottles of water and mini-towels left out in Reception in case you are going for a run or a walk; bottles of sunscreen etc left by the pool in case you have left yours in your room, I could go on............. They even presented us with an anniversary cake - and it was gluten -free to meet my needs!! Now THAT was impressive!!
Finally, but probably most important, are the staff. To ALL the helpful, polite and respectful staff, but especially to Nika at Reception, Carina in the Restaurant and Chef Elder we offer our heartfelt thanks for making our stay so unforgettable.
Will we be going back? Most definitely 'YES', and the sooner the better!!!

Dear Silverstriders,

I would like to thank for all your kind comments following your recent stay with us to celebrate your wedding anniversary. Our team were delighted to read that you have found your new home-away-from- home at The Duke of Richmond Hotel and that your short break left you with such unforgettable memories, which you would like to repeat very soon!
We were very pleased that you liked the quirkiness of the hotel décor, our spotlessly clean bedrooms and a variety of choice offered for breakfast.
I was happy that you had an opportunity to dine in The Leopard Restaurant and that you appreciated a surprise cake presented to you on your special night.
It will be my great pleasure to complement our truly amazing team on the helpful and efficient service you have given us top marks for, with special mention to Carina, Nika and Helder- they will be very happy to hear that!
We look forward to your next stay with us and if I can assist with any of the arrangements, please contact me directly at the hotel.