“Very enjoyable meal”

Ranked #2 of 142 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Price range: US$16 - US$39
Cuisines: Irish, British
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A warm Guernsey welcome awaits you at the Old Quarter Restaurant from Paddy, Dana and the staff. This is honest, no nonsense food with a slight Irish slant as you would only expect from Paddy's home roots. The Restaurant prides itself on using as much locally sourced ingredients as possible; fresh from the land and the sea the taste of Guernsey comes out in every dish. Paddy and the team are keen to show off the best of what Guernsey has on offer each season and the menu changes to reflect this. Our cosy restaurant caters for parties up to fifty people, so whether its a business meeting over lunch or an intimate dinner for two we will always do everything to meet your expectations. We are also very flexible with our menus and happy to adapt to your needs where possible. You will find us at the centre of the Old Quarter among a mixture of antique dealers, art gallery's, craft shops, fashion boutiques and unique privately run shops of all types and descriptions. With its narrow cobbled streets it really is like going back in time to what most of the town of St Peter Port once looked like, but with a modern twist of quaint little shops. Any stroll around town is not complete without a trip up Mill and Mansell Street, why not cap it off with a light lunch or and early evening meal.
Reviewed 4 October 2018

This restaurant's food was tasty and well prepared. The waiter was welcoming and attentive.
We arrived just in time for the early bird dinner menu. Good value at 2 courses for £11.95
I had a starter of goat's cheese and main of spicy beef linguini. Both very good.
My husband had the whiting and a dessert of Bailey's cheesecake.Also delicious.
We had a glass of house red and house white respectively and finished off with decaff coffees. We will definately return if ever visiting Guernsey again.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

We were very impressed by this restaurant's cooking and service. The waitress was very welcoming and was able to answer any question on the dishes. The cadre (decoration ) was the only down side, a bit 70's. the menu was diverse with a mixed of fish and meat. I was very impressed by the crab, its tastes, presentation and flavours. The Brill was also very delicate. Our only regret is that we had to return home and did not have the opportunity to return for a second round.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Our first night in Guernsey we ate here,having done so in the past.
I had King Prawns and Calamari for starters which were good but I had to drain away the sauce which was too spicey/sharp for me.Wife had a chilli/ginger beef salad.
For main I had scollops which again came with a salad and a spicey type of sauce.I like scollops as they come.Some new potatos were served in a seperate dish.Wife had medallions of Pork with champ. She enjoyed both of her courses and her desert.
I am not a great lover of spicey/sharp/vinegar type of sauce which would have been better if served in a vessel so you could add it yourself.(Paddy was very understanding and we will go again).

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

The quality of the food would take some beating. Not an extensive choice but something for all tastes I'm sure. Staff helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We ate here on our first day in Guernsey as the Early Bird menu was good value for money. We both enjoyed our meals, the portions were generous, although I’ve never had such spicy linguine before! What let the experience down was the service, which was lacklustre and the decor was somewhat dated. Also, from my seat I had a view into the kitchen. The back of one of the stoves was an unpleasant yellow brown with old fat, which was somewhat off-putting.