“Breakfast and Evening meals”

The Wellington Boot Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 126 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dining in the Best Western Hotel in Havelet.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast and Evening meals”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Superb. Well cooked, different choice every evening, also kids meals available at a reasonable price. Nothing too much trouble for the staff. Amazing views. Will definitely visit again.

Visited April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
“Unfaultable quality”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

The grill room & saddle bar are truly awesome. So much so despite the many restaurants in St Peters Port at which we have dined at nearly all of them at some time or another we chose on this recent visit to dine with Gian Luca (plus top chef team) on no less than 4 occasions. This speaks volumes especially being a foodie. The fresh quality dishes are still memorable for all the right reasons - best steak ever outside Hawksmoor London (compliments to chef) great scallop, seafood dishes too. Nothing was ever a problem for them they had the 'where's there's a will there's a way' attitude. Loved the wonderful endless oysters and cracking salads they made up. See photos attached if you don't believe me. Saddle bar great addition for aperitif or digestif or both...true quality true value. In fact I'd better end this review now else you'll think I've been paid to write such praise - btw I've not!

Guernsey
“Excellent food with errors”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We went as a family group for a special birthday evening meal. Food was fantastic I enjoyed a lovely seafood platter which was good value at £8.00 too. The problem came with the steaks which we all ordered. 5 of us had the steaks we ordered, one of us had one delivered cooked differently. The waiter did not put it down as he was returning it to the kitchen, he then came back again with the same plate and said to try it and if not to our liking would take back, Then the vegetables were silver service and the waiter ran out of French fries on the same person who had a mistake with the steak, so that person had to wait, steak going cold - then there was not enough peppercorn sauces for all that had ordered, again it was the same person who did not have French fries and their steak cooked to their liking. By the time he had started his meal, it must have been cold. But not one to complain as it was a special occasion. On the whole we were having a blast and were enjoying the evening as it was a happy occasion, staff were polite and professional. However, the slip up of the steak, french-fries and sauce was embarrassing for me as we all had good services apart from this person. Would go back again sometime. Just a shame it slightly spoiled what I had envisaged as a special occasion to mark my special birthday. It was a very quiet night in the restaurant with only a couple of tables in use, so expected everything correct.

• Visited February 2014
Bristol, England
“Great place for a work's do”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I ate here as part of a work Christmas do. We had three very tasty courses. I often find that large group meals aren't as nice as going out with smaller groups - but this place pulled it off. I am vegetarian and I had three lovely courses. Some people had steaks - and they were served to the individual's requirements. The staff worked very hard to ensure everyone in the group was served quickly.

A thoroughly enjoyable night out. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited December 2013
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Never-changing excellence.”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We've been dining at the Havelet Grill each time we visit Guernsey, going back nearly 20 years. We have never had a poor meal here. This year's was no exception and we were impressed, not only with the standard of food but the excellent value for money (two three-course dinners plus a first rate bottle of wine for only £45.) I have no doubt that, when we next visit the island, we will certainly visit the Grill once more.

Visited July 2013