“A lovely meal”

Best Western Hotel De Havelet
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Last night I went for a meal and it was lovely. The staff were extremely friendly, the view stunning (despite the rain) and they are so accomodating and helpful.

I would certainly recommend anyone to go and will certainly be going back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
gennarof, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us and I have passed your kind comments unto the staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

High above town so their complimentary bus service is wonderful - however the views from the restaurant are wonderful and making the walk up hill a necessary evil. The staff and dinning are second to none.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
gennarof, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us I have passed your kind comments onto the staff. I look forward to welcoming you back at Best Western Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Just come back from 4 days holiday with my wife who is blind with a Guidedog.
The staff were very helpfull and made us very welcombe.
You could not fault the staff for service and politeness, nothing was to much trouble.
The Hotel runs a free mini-bus tour of Guernsey,and a bus service down to St Peter Port ,with a very helpfull driver.
We shall be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
gennarof, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Reviewed 15 August 2011

This is a great hotel. A short break for my wife and I was made even more special by a stay here. The hotel, staff, food, grounds everything was excellent and we enjoyed a very peaceful break. The hotel provided a free tour of the island which lasted approximately 4 hours. Our driver (John) had only lived on the island for 12 months and was extremely knowledgeable, and freindly. The food was of the highest quality and VERY reasonably priced. There was even a choice of restaurant to eat it in. About 1 mile from here is one of their 'sister' hotels, Moores. I can even recommend the food served there. Overall this was an excellent experience and we'd gladly stay there again if we're visiting the island. If I had to be 'picky' (and I do mean picky) it would be about 2 things. Firstly, that there were only 3 sun loungers in the garden but this should in no way put you off. The second being the hill you have to walk up to get to the hotel. If you take it easy it's not a problem but someone with mobility problems might have difficulty. Having said that, if you turn right as you come out of the hotel and go around the back the hill is slightly longer, much less steep and takes you into the centre of St Peter Port. There's a great pub on this route called The Cock and Bull, which has live music and decent real ale, just in case you need a rest or an excuse to sit a while. Or you could take the hotel's free shuttle bus ride into the centre with John the driver.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
gennarof, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us I have passed your kind comments onto all the staff. I have taken on board what you have said about the sun loungers and I look forward to welcoming you back at Best Western Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

Overlooking St. Peter Port (so up a steep hill) in an excellent location.First class facilities, attentive staff and greast food.Free shuttle bus to town centre. Excelent evening menu with high quality food and service. Would certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Good sized rooms kept very clean. sensible towel policy. Not quilts but extra blankets if required.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
gennarof, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back at Best Western Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Super location, good value ( especially the off season 3 night specials), and very happy and helpful staff. 2 small 'areas for improvement'....old carpets need replacing; staff on reception drop everything to answer the phone. Shouldn't the customer in front of you get priority? Other than that, loved it & will be back next month.

• Stayed: August 2011
gennarof, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be happy and helpful. I have taken on board the comments which you have made and I look forward to welcoming you back at Best Western Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Friendly and attentive service at all times.
Room was clean, fresh, all modern amenities with sunny balcony in evening and easy access to indoor swimming pool.
Fabulous views and close to town centre but be prepared for some steep hills on the way home!
Three choices of restaurant to suit style. Excellent food at all times with a wide variety of seafood, meat and vegetarian dishes all very carefully prepared and presented.
All staff very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
A quiet and popular hotel, efficiently run and a generally happy atmosphere!

Room Tip: Ask for sea view and balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
gennarof, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly and attentive and also that you enjoyed our hotel facilities. I will pass on your comments to the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back at Best Western Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
Best Western Moores Central Hotel
Duke of Normandie Hotel
Duke of Normandie Hotel
#5 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to Best Western Hotel De Havelet? Share your experiences!