“Brief visit to Guernsey”

BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Europe
“Brief visit to Guernsey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

Welcoming and very helpful staff. Nice location and from Wellington Boot restaurant a lovely view to the castle. Possible to walk into St Peter Port for those that don't mind inclines (but then Guernsey not flat!). Nice pool, jacuzzi and steam room area. Water is at 28C so possible to use the pool in the winter months. During the summer there is access to the garden from the pool.

A grill and bar as well as the more formal Wellington Boot restaurant offer good meals with excellent service.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank eangelm
gennarof, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay here at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet and the use of our facilities. I shall be passing on your kind comment on to our staff.

Once again thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Gennaro Festivo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights as I was working in the centre of St Peter Port. The hotel is situated only 5-10 mins walk from the centre so the location was ideal. I spent many a childhood holiday in Guernsey, so know and love the island. Now I have a hotel to love too! Everything from the service to the restaurant food is 5 Star. All the staff are professional and courteous, and are only too willing to help. And for the cost, I've paid double at other hotels and received only a fraction of the quality I received here.

Special mention goes to Sam on the front desk when I arrived. Great service and a great attitude. Despite being a little early I was allowed into my room straight away and made to feel very welcome. He also sorted out a taxi and some breakfast for my very early departure on my last day, as there wouldn't have been anyone around that early.

I will be back in Guernsey soon, and again next year, so I have no hesitation in staying here again. I recommend the hotel to anyone, whether it be for business or leisure.

A huge thank you for being a home away from home.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
gennarof, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our food and service. I have passed on your comments to the staff and I would like to thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Stayed n business for 1 night last week, and what a fantastic hotel, pleasing, clean and good food. I would definitely come back and stay again

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor following your recent stay with us at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the hotel and that you found the food excellent.

West Molesey, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel and we were not disappointed. The food (even the £15 menu) was superb. If any of our friends want to know where to stay on Guernsey, we would have no hesitation in recommending De Havelet.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
gennarof, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once more and had a good experience in our restaurants. Thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends.

I will pass on your comments to the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back at Best Western Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

What can we say its the BEST this hotel should be 5*. The hotel and rooms are spotlessly clean the food was excellent. The staff were more than helpful, the only down side was the weather and that was out of our control. The hotel was taking part in the tenfeast scheme so we enjoyed a generous 3 course meal for £15.00 per person.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
gennarof, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our food and service and I would like to thank you for choosing Best Western Hotel De Havelet and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Camp De Mar, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

My Husband and i and a group of Friend's Stayed at this lovely hotel for a long weekend in October, Good location, good view, staff very helpful, rooms excellent and very clean, all amenities you need, indoor swimming pool, sauna, solarium,food excellent. even comfortable beds.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
gennarof, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback following your recent stay with us at Best Western Hotel De Havelet I was delighted to read that you were able to have a relaxing break and that you found the service excellent.

Once again thank you for choosing Best Western Hotel De Havelet and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Liskeard, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend in September. Good location for walking into the town. Very attentive restaurant staff, food very good. Indoor pool - lovely.
Our room 7 was very - small window. Lovely sitting areas outside, sun terrace. and view of port from certain tables in the restaurant. Stairs to upstairs dinning room - not suitable for those with mobility problems.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
gennarof, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all our facilities and I would like to thank you for choosing Best Western Hotel De Havelet and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
La Barbarie Hotel
La Barbarie Hotel
#1 of 9 in St Martins
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet? Share your experiences!