“Like visiting a favourite friend”

Best Western Hotel De Havelet
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed for a New Year's Eve short break for the first time, having previously stayed for a week during the summer. Fantastic value for money... less for 3 nights half board than we payed for New Year's Eve dinner dance in London!
Staff incredibly friendly and helpful. Room we had was full of character -as you would expect from house where Duke of Wellington's mistress lived... but had all modern conveniences and a new bathroom.
Food on all 3 nights was excellent with lots of choice... you could even ask for something else if you didn't fancy anything from the extensive selection on the 5 course set menu! Breakfasts were cooked to order and were so substantial you didn't need lunch!
Have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this fantastic jewel of a hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Tumbaparrot
gennarof, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our New Year package including the dinner dance in our Wellington Boot Restaurant. I have passed your kind comments unto the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

I live in Guernsey and stayed in the hotel some years ago when moving house. i have also had excellent meals and brekafasts in the hotel. The views are spectacular. The staff really seem to enjoy working at the hotel and they are a credit to he management.

Recently I have moved again and stayed at the hotel. It really is quite excellent. I am also a "member" of the swimming pool so i can use it throughout the year and have been doing so for a number of years.

The indoor pool is not big but it is kept exceptionally clean. The area around the pool is inviting and always kept very clean.

If i had friends visiting Guernsey who for some reason could not stay with me I would highly recommend the hotel. It may be old fashioned but that is no loss when it provides old fashioned , excellent service so rarely found anywhere in the world nowadays.

Please keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Bring your bathers as it has an excellent pool.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank GGGSarnia

Dear GGGSarnia,

As a valued member of our Health Suite it’s great to learn that you have also enjoyed yourself in our restaurants, along with your stay in our Hotel. Our Housekeeping Team do work very hard trying to keep the Hotel spotless, so I will pass on your comments and I’m sure they will be greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2011

Welcoming and very helpful staff. Nice location and from Wellington Boot restaurant a lovely view to the castle. Possible to walk into St Peter Port for those that don't mind inclines (but then Guernsey not flat!). Nice pool, jacuzzi and steam room area. Water is at 28C so possible to use the pool in the winter months. During the summer there is access to the garden from the pool.

A grill and bar as well as the more formal Wellington Boot restaurant offer good meals with excellent service.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank eangelm
gennarof, Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay here at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet and the use of our facilities. I shall be passing on your kind comment on to our staff.

Once again thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights as I was working in the centre of St Peter Port. The hotel is situated only 5-10 mins walk from the centre so the location was ideal. I spent many a childhood holiday in Guernsey, so know and love the island. Now I have a hotel to love too! Everything from the service to the restaurant food is 5 Star. All the staff are professional and courteous, and are only too willing to help. And for the cost, I've paid double at other hotels and received only a fraction of the quality I received here.

Special mention goes to Sam on the front desk when I arrived. Great service and a great attitude. Despite being a little early I was allowed into my room straight away and made to feel very welcome. He also sorted out a taxi and some breakfast for my very early departure on my last day, as there wouldn't have been anyone around that early.

I will be back in Guernsey soon, and again next year, so I have no hesitation in staying here again. I recommend the hotel to anyone, whether it be for business or leisure.

A huge thank you for being a home away from home.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
gennarof, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our food and service. I have passed on your comments to the staff and I would like to thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

Stayed n business for 1 night last week, and what a fantastic hotel, pleasing, clean and good food. I would definitely come back and stay again

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor following your recent stay with us at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the hotel and that you found the food excellent.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel and we were not disappointed. The food (even the £15 menu) was superb. If any of our friends want to know where to stay on Guernsey, we would have no hesitation in recommending De Havelet.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
gennarof, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once more and had a good experience in our restaurants. Thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends.

I will pass on your comments to the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back at Best Western Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

What can we say its the BEST this hotel should be 5*. The hotel and rooms are spotlessly clean the food was excellent. The staff were more than helpful, the only down side was the weather and that was out of our control. The hotel was taking part in the tenfeast scheme so we enjoyed a generous 3 course meal for £15.00 per person.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
gennarof, Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our food and service and I would like to thank you for choosing Best Western Hotel De Havelet and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
Les Rocquettes
Les Rocquettes
#4 of 19 in St Peter Port
Best Western Moores Central Hotel

Been to Best Western Hotel De Havelet? Share your experiences!