“You will not do better on the island” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Warwickshire
“You will not do better on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

We have stayed at some good hotels on Guernsey, but after discovering the de Havelet a few years ago we will not be looking for anwhere else to stay on the island.
What makes it so good? The location: it is on the edge of town at the top of a hill. A bit of a stretch to walk up, but then you are rewarded by a great view and have the satisfaction of having worked off some of the calories you will gain if eating there.
The rooms: Spotlessly clean, well equipped and with character. Some have views to the castle and, on a clear day, over to France, others look out over the garden.
Whilst those could be shared by other establishments, what makes it stand out from the crowd are two things, the staff and the food that is served.
The staff are a group of people who are cheerful, look as if they are enjoying their work, making sure that their guests are happy and it goes without saying that nothing is too much trouble for them. Then there is the food. The menu is imaginative and tempting and when the food arrives at your table it more than lives up to its promise. Over the Christmas period, the very good kitchen team excelled themselves.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank abcoldgit
gennarof, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Thank you for your review on trip advisor. I am extremely happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us over the Christmas period. It is always encouraging to hear such kind comments regarding the hotel, restaurants and staff. I have passed these comments onto the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet.

Gennaro Festivo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed for a Christmas and New Year's Eve break – just like “coming home”. Excellent value for money and no cooking and washing up! A real country house Christmas party feel followed by a fun New Year’s Eve.
Staff incredibly friendly and helpful – a great team throughout.
The room was full of character but had all modern conveniences, a brand new bathroom and a great view.
Food throughout was excellent with lots of choice.
We have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this fantastic hotel and can’t wait to return! Why don't you join us this year?

Room Tip: For a great view ask for a front of house room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CandD2003
gennarof, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor. I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed the festive season break with us and enjoyed the room’s facilities along with the food in our restaurants. I have passed your kind comments onto the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in near future to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed for a New Year's Eve short break for the first time, having previously stayed for a week during the summer. Fantastic value for money... less for 3 nights half board than we payed for New Year's Eve dinner dance in London!
Staff incredibly friendly and helpful. Room we had was full of character -as you would expect from house where Duke of Wellington's mistress lived... but had all modern conveniences and a new bathroom.
Food on all 3 nights was excellent with lots of choice... you could even ask for something else if you didn't fancy anything from the extensive selection on the 5 course set menu! Breakfasts were cooked to order and were so substantial you didn't need lunch!
Have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this fantastic jewel of a hotel!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Tumbaparrot
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our New Year package including the dinner dance in our Wellington Boot Restaurant. I have passed your kind comments unto the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet in the near future.

Guernsey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

I live in Guernsey and stayed in the hotel some years ago when moving house. i have also had excellent meals and brekafasts in the hotel. The views are spectacular. The staff really seem to enjoy working at the hotel and they are a credit to he management.

Recently I have moved again and stayed at the hotel. It really is quite excellent. I am also a "member" of the swimming pool so i can use it throughout the year and have been doing so for a number of years.

The indoor pool is not big but it is kept exceptionally clean. The area around the pool is inviting and always kept very clean.

If i had friends visiting Guernsey who for some reason could not stay with me I would highly recommend the hotel. It may be old fashioned but that is no loss when it provides old fashioned , excellent service so rarely found anywhere in the world nowadays.

Please keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Bring your bathers as it has an excellent pool.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank GGGSarnia
Dear GGGSarnia,

As a valued member of our Health Suite it’s great to learn that you have also enjoyed yourself in our restaurants, along with your stay in our Hotel. Our Housekeeping Team do work very hard trying to keep the Hotel spotless, so I will pass on your comments and I’m sure they will be greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Kindest regards,

Europe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

Welcoming and very helpful staff. Nice location and from Wellington Boot restaurant a lovely view to the castle. Possible to walk into St Peter Port for those that don't mind inclines (but then Guernsey not flat!). Nice pool, jacuzzi and steam room area. Water is at 28C so possible to use the pool in the winter months. During the summer there is access to the garden from the pool.

A grill and bar as well as the more formal Wellington Boot restaurant offer good meals with excellent service.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank eangelm
gennarof, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay here at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet and the use of our facilities. I shall be passing on your kind comment on to our staff.

Once again thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights as I was working in the centre of St Peter Port. The hotel is situated only 5-10 mins walk from the centre so the location was ideal. I spent many a childhood holiday in Guernsey, so know and love the island. Now I have a hotel to love too! Everything from the service to the restaurant food is 5 Star. All the staff are professional and courteous, and are only too willing to help. And for the cost, I've paid double at other hotels and received only a fraction of the quality I received here.

Special mention goes to Sam on the front desk when I arrived. Great service and a great attitude. Despite being a little early I was allowed into my room straight away and made to feel very welcome. He also sorted out a taxi and some breakfast for my very early departure on my last day, as there wouldn't have been anyone around that early.

I will be back in Guernsey soon, and again next year, so I have no hesitation in staying here again. I recommend the hotel to anyone, whether it be for business or leisure.

A huge thank you for being a home away from home.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gennarof, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our food and service. I have passed on your comments to the staff and I would like to thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Stayed n business for 1 night last week, and what a fantastic hotel, pleasing, clean and good food. I would definitely come back and stay again

• Stayed November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor following your recent stay with us at BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the hotel and that you found the food excellent.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
#1 of 9 in St Martins
Fermain Valley Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel
#4 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet? Share your experiences!