“Very Relaxing”

Best Western Hotel De Havelet
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I stayed 1 night, which wasn't enough! This is a lovely hotel, with very friendly staff and superb accommodation. The Wellington Boot restaurant has some lovely views and the food was very good. All in all thoroughly recommended and we will be visiting again.

Room Tip: Room 26, a lovely comfortable bed good for athletics!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your travel experience on TripAdvisor. We are all delighted to learn how much you have enjoyed your stay with us and it is also very rewarding to know that the team has left a positive impression with you.
Thank you for your recommendation too and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet hopefully for a longer visit.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have stayed at De Havelet before so we knew how good it was but this time we had more meals there and the food and service was excellent - plates were hot which I think is a must, even in the bar they lay a table up for you when you eat in there, prices were fair and food excellent (the pies were home made and full of meaty chunks). My wife had a bad cough while we were there and a member of staff came to enquire about her health and provided a hot milk and honey drink - never had that service before!
Bedroom had recently been refurbished so it was great. Pool, sauna etc brilliant.
Having stayed at various hotels in Guernsey over many years this is most definitely our hotel of choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thanks very much for your excellent review, I am delighted to read that the two of you had a great time here at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet and that we have managed to exceed your expectations during your most recent visit. I am pleased to learn that meals and service was also up to your complete satisfaction, which I will be happy to share with my team.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if there is anything we assist with and we look forward to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Just returned from an overnight business trip and wish I could have stayed longer. The staff were superb; friendly, attentive and professional but also very welcoming. Loved the fact I got a courtesy call from reception fifteen minutes after checking in, just to check with me that the room was ok. Which incidentally it was.

Didn't have time to try the indoor pool, maybe I can do that on a holiday, it looked very inviting!

The accommodation was first class, very comfortable, large bath towels, decent power shower, extremely clean and well maintained. Ate at the hotel in the evening, excellent food, washed down with a great pint of bitter (Patois). Breakfast offered a wide range of hot/cold options plus the bonus of a panoramic view of the harbour. Only issue, I had to leave too soon!

Room Tip: Room 11 was nice & quiet and led directly onto a semi open courtyard with ornate fountains - ver...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you very much for this lovely review following your recent stay with us here at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. I am delighted to learn that your one night stay was such a memorable one and that the hotel features met your expectations all in all that the hotel ticked so many boxes for you. Such a shame you did not have time to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere in our Health Suite!

I would like to thank you once again for taking your time and post this review on TripAdvisor, which I will be happy to place on our staff`s notice board, so every member of staff can read it and I can assure you that they will all appreciate your compliments.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of your service in the future, and we look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet hopefully for a longer stay.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Booked this based on reviews on this site. So glad we did. Stayed for 3 nights in a superior room Cost was extremely reasonable for a hotel of this quality. The room was spacious and clean. All 3 restaurants served excellent food. The staff were extremely helpful.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank AndyEirwen
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you very much for your great review and posting it on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you chose BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet based on other guests` reviews and that you were satisfied with the hotel facilities and services provided and you had a very enjoyable stay.
I would also like to thank you for your recommendation and delighted to hear that you would return. Please do not hesitate to contact us again when planning your next trip to Guernsey, it would be my pleasure to assist where at all possible.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Huge room, with sofa and all the nice extras made the upgrade to a superior room worth - but the only drawback with room 20 is that it is accessed via the conference room, so if this is in use you have to use a separate entrance direct to the terrace, if it is raining (and boy did it rain!) you can't get to the pool or restaurant without getting wet. A brolly for the room would be useful (although we could have nicked one of the reception ones if we had thought about it!). Also it is over the pool heating system so there is some noise and despite the three windows it got hot. Nothing that they can do about this, and it has an extremely efficient air con unit but I did wonder what the other superior rooms a were like - from the previous reviews it sounds like they may well be nicer, even with views to Castel Cornet. PC in lounge really useful and this is not mentioned in the brochure - lots of other nice touches that are not mentioned either, like the massive choice for breakfast - you could stay here 2 weeks and not have the same hot breakfast twice. Particularly liked the welsh rarebit and the omelettes. Havelet Grill is great and like many of the pubs in ST P.P. the Saddle room bar is a bit of a blast from the past - like UK pubs used to be before the ubiquitous 'gastro' word entered the language. Wellington Boot good food and service but a little lacking in atmosphere, and pretty similar items on the menu as the grill room but costing more. The pool is really well designed with a great little steam room as well as the sauna and Jacuzzi. The walk to town is about 10 minutes, so ideally placed - quiet with no traffic noise and with its elevated site it probably has the best views of the harbour from any hotel in St P.P.

Room Tip: room 20 ( superior) is big but you may have to detour outside to avoid the conference room - a nuisa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay with us at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. I was glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay, and that you found the location, the indoor pool and most of the service you received to your expectations. Having read your comments I would like to firstly apologise for the issues you had with accessing your bedroom and for the inconveniences this might have caused. Please rest assured that we have taken your comments on board and we will do our utmost to avoid any disappointment in the future.

I would like to thank you once again for your detailed review and would like to remain of your service in the future should there be anything I could assist with.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Normally we stay at Best Western Moores or La Fregate whilst in Guernsey, however on this occasion we couldn't resist the Havelet for a great price + a different experience of Guernsey. The price is unbeatable & the facilities & atmosphere would make me chose this as my hotel of preference next time. We stayed in room 26 & loved the spaciousness, the quietness and the room accessories within. Great coffee /chocolate complements. Other attractions include the complementary pool / fitness / spa facilities which made a very pleasurable start to the weekend. We opted not to book the 'dining stay' as unsure how good the Grill Room would be. I was mistaken in my preconception asthe Grill Room was truly a delight & we would return without question next time. We didn't go for the tennerfest (albeit great value) instead the chef's were happy to combine King Prawns with a vibrant salad. Fresh and not too heavy for late night meal after flying in. It was so delicious we returned again on Saturday evening for dinner and although it was very busy & service stretched a little, the kitchen still delivered great food. It was worth waiting that little bit longer. The only observation would be the general clientele were of the more mature end so we felt a little young being less aged.....also, not for the less mobile due to the hill if accessing the hotel on foot. Be aware also to settle bill night before departure if leaving on early morning flight. Staff friendly would return & recommend.

Room Tip: Room 26 second floor, quiet & undisturbed from other hotel guest noise
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read you had a most enjoyable break. I am also pleased to know that the size and the quietness of your Bedroom made it a very comfortable experience for both of you and you truly enjoyed the facilities that our Health Suite offers. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed so much the food and the service provide in our Grill Room restaurant.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team, and would like thank you once again for your wonderful review and recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We spent our 30th wedding anniversary here and the staff could not have been more courteous or helpful - a gift was awaiting us in the room. The room/ensuite was comfortable, clean with all amenities, except there was no safe in the room.
We enjoyed walking into St Peter Port and then using the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna - a very relaxing time. We ate in the restaurant and the food was lovely and again the staff were friendly. Breakfast was just as good with a huge choice on offer. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great comments and thank you especially for taking the time to post them on TripAdvisor after your recent stay! I am pleased that you have a memorable holiday with us and you really enjoyed your wedding anniversary.
I am glad that you found the bedrooms ideal and you truly enjoyed the facilities that our Health Suite offers. Thank you for mentioning the staff as friendly. I will pass your kind words on to them and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
Best Western Moores Central Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel
#6 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to Best Western Hotel De Havelet? Share your experiences!