“Weekend break”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Excellent hotel, great location and ample parking. Staff were professional and friendly, although hotel should have mentioned the major building works being undertaken. It wasn't too much of a problem but could have been if the weather meant that we stayed in the hotel. The bar and the restaurant served excellent fare and once again the staff were fantastic. One thing to bear in mind and that is the island doesn't really wake up till April 1st so don't bank on visiting any of the sights before then. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your review and sharing it with other fellow travellers. I am delighted to learn that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that the staff has also left a positive impression with you. Please do not hesitate to contact us again when planning your next visit to Guernsey and it would be my pleasure to assist you where at all possible. We look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet hopefully in the near future.

Gennaro Festivo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My wife and I, not having had a break for many years, booked 4 nights in a superior room and, needing to relax, hoped for something special. We were not disappointed. The location was, for us, perfect in that we could stroll down to the harbour and town centre, even if just to walk off the evening meal. Our room was large and immaculate with very comfortable beds, a huge window that looked towards the harbour entrance and was a nice place to relax in the easy chairs with a pot of tea, plus a very smart bathroom. I know you are supposed to be careful about water usage on the island but with so much hot water we indulged ourselves. We were there to relax. As well as all that, being at the top and front of the hotel, our room was exceptionally quiet.
We stayed half board and couldn't fault the menu selections, changed daily. There was always something we fancied. The food was excellent, well presented and nicely served. On our last night we looked at the a-la-carte menu but decided there was no point as the half board menu was so good. Of note was the consideration to my wife in that she needs a gluten-free diet. We advised the hotel a few days before we arrived and at our very first order, the waiter having seen our room number on the room key, and without any prompting from us, started to advise my wife about the gluten-free choices and of special gluten-free products available for her. It was obvious the staff had been advised about my wife's requirement. We were impressed. That attitude and consideration continued throughout our stay and, to us, sums up all the staff. They were all considerate and helpful, friendly yet respectful. No request was too much trouble. Of note was that the General Manager and the Restaurant Manager walked around the restaurant every evening and chatted to all the guests, askng what we had done and was everything OK. All round, a super break in a superb hotel and we won't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Reading other reports it seems all the rooms are good, except some mention of a boiler. We had 26, a...
1 Thank Paul C
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for your great comments and especially for taking the time to post them on TripAdvisor after your recent stay! I am delighted to read that you had such a memorable holiday, and that you were extremely satisfied with your room and all the hotel facilities. I am pleased to learn that the food was up to your complete satisfaction, and that we have met your wife’s dietary requirements with attentive service from our friendly and cordial staff. I will share this lovely review with all my team and look forward to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet for another visit.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

One of the best short breaks we have taken, could not fault it. Very friendly, helpful and courteous staff, who all made us feel very welcome. We were allocated a very nice large and spacious room with balcony. Quality of room in terms of cleanliness and facilities was excellent. Nice bathroom and very comfortable bed. Meals were excellent, very good and varied choice at breakfast. Buffet lunch was very good value and the dinners in the evening also excellent. Nice swimming pool and leisure facilities. We definitely hope to return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely review about your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. I am very happy to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with us and the food and facilities provided. I have passed your kind comments onto staff and I look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the near future.

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

All of the staff at the Havelet are absolute stars - we felt like part of the 'Havelet' family. Of note was Gian Luca - restaurant manager. he was a delight & always made sure everything was perfect. We dined in the Grill room 4 times during our stay (see my tripadvisor review for dining here) & we would return again and again. Gian Luca is a superb front of house manager with a nothing is a problem attitude. He even said hello when off shift whilst we were at the Boathouse. Gennaro equally brilliant in arranging our reservation prior to staying plus saying hello whilst we were having breakfast. Of note the cracking head chef (sprry forgot name) plus Gian's brother. The food was delectable with plenty of oysters & fresh veggies to keep me smiling plus awesome steak / seafood dishes for my other (see photos in my review of dining here). We simply did not want to leave. Relaxed atmosphere, lovely swimming pool & garden courtyard etc. Despite renovations taking place we were impacted v little during our stay. Smooth check in / check out, boarding pass print offs - there nothing was a problem attitude was delightful. We can't wait to return again and again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you very much indeed for sharing your experience! It is an absolute pleasure to read comments like this and we are delighted that the hotel ticked so many boxes for you and you had such a memorable time here at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. I am so pleased to hear that you really enjoyed the food at our Grill Room Restaurant, the atmosphere of the hotel, the Health Suite, and that the staff was as usual caring and helpful. I will pass on your kind comments to all the Staff, specially to Gian Luca and our Grill Room Head Chef Lazzaro.

Your feedback and recommendation is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel for another truly memorable stay.

Slimbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Booked a five night stay ay the hotel, very warm welcome on arrival, shown to our room which was very good overlooking the Port. Food was excellant, with very friendly service. Would recommend the hotel to friends and family. Look forward to a further break later in the year. May even consider a Christmas Break after talking to residents that had enjoyed a previous Christmas Break.

Room Tip: Good location, friendly service.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Philip G
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Mr G Phillip,

I am very happy to hear that you had an extremely enjoyable stay with us at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. Also that you thoroughly enjoyed dining in our ever popular Restaurant. I will as always pass on your kind comments onto my staff who I know will be very pleased to hear it. I do hope you decide to come and join us for the festive period, we always have a fantastic time and we hope to be able to include you in this. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Purley
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The overall experience was very good. The staff are very friendly and provide good personalised service. The rooms are good and the food excellent. The pool and leisure facilities are excellent.
When we did have a problem it was dealt with well and to our satisfaction.
We will return!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay with us at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the food and service in our restaurants along with all our facilities. We strive for each and every one of our guests to have a satisfied stay therefore I’m pleased to know that your reported problem was dealt to your satisfaction.
I have passed your kind comments onto all the staff and we all at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I had booked this hotel as a short break and was looking forward to staying. Unfortunately i couldent make the booking due to a ferry cancellation. I discussed this with the relevent staff at the hotel andthey were superb at dealing with my requests to alter my reservation...
I will be returning in the future due to the friendliness and professionalism of the staff...
This is how to run customer service

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank sharonandlee
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you very much for your great review, I am very happy to read that even though you couldn’t be with us this time our staff was, as always helpful, professional and friendly. We hope we can have the chance to welcoming you to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the near future and I assure you that we can make your stay with us a memorable and thoroughly enjoyable time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
#5 of 19 in St Peter Port
Fermain Valley Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel
#4 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to Best Western Hotel De Havelet? Share your experiences!