“Great place to stay”

Best Western Hotel De Havelet
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have stayed at the Hotel de Havelet a couple of time. Lovely warm welcome from the very friendly staff, excellent food, comfortable rooms standard and superior and would recommend either of them. Good facilities. Great deals available, give it a try.

Room Tip: Standard and superior very good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brnotyke
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at our property. It is always a great pleasure to read reviews like yours! I am pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and thank you for your recommendation.

I have passed your kind words on to the team and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet, hopefully in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel De Havelet

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very comfortable hotel, with excellent rooms and good food. We particularly enjoyed the droll American gentleman, Bobby, who provides a taxi service up and down the hill to the centre of St Peter Port. Would highly recommend his half day tour round the island - a very knowledgeable and entertaining guide.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great comments and posting them on TripAdvisor following your recent stay! I am pleased to read that you were happy with all the features and service provided by the hotel, specially our free daily service and island tour. I will share this lovely review with the team and especially with Bobby. We are all looking forward to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed on a business trip but look forward to returning on HOLIDAY.
A first class stay at Hotel de Havelet. Excellent, helpful and very friendly service from all the staff in particular Reception. The room was very clean, comfortable and serviced to a high standard. Food excellent well presented and served. The hotel is very peaceful set in well kept tranquil gardens.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Lynn D

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that you had a first class stay with us and that you found the hotel grounds and location with the stunning views ideal. It is always rewarding to receive positive feedback on our service too and as I always do, I will pass your kind compliments on to the team.
I would like thank you once again for your wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a lovely stay at this hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. We felt that nothing was too much trouble for them. We found the room very comfortable and liked their green policy on towels etc. The free shuttle bus to town was useful, but didn't run in the evening sadly. The climb up the hill was a bit of a down side to fat old people like us, but at least it gave a good view from the terrace! I would definitly rate this Hotel highly. Very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alan K
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your 5* review and sharing your recent experience with other site readers. As our guest`s satisfaction is of our utmost importance, I am pleased to read that overall you had a very enjoyable stay and the hotel facilities and amenities lived up to your expectations.
I will share your great comments with my team and I would like to say thank you on behalf of everybody, and we really appreciate your feedback.
Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything we could assist with and we look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet hopefully in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Another first class stay at Hotel de Havelet. Excellent, helpful and very friendly service from all the staff. The room was very clean, comfortable and serviced to a high standard. Food is wonderfully prepared, really well presented and served. The hotel is very peaceful set in well kept tranquil gardens. Swimming pool is really well maintained and a great place to relax before a drink and dinner. I would recommend this hotel as one of the best we've stayed in and we look forward to paying a return visit.

Room Tip: Request a superior room with views over the harbour if possible
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Viking01-13

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that you had another enjoyable stay with us, and that you found the hotel grounds and location with the stunning views ideal and you truly enjoyed the meals in our restaurnats. It is always rewarding to receive positive feedback on our service too and I can assure you that the team will appreciate your kind comments.
I would like thank you once again for your wonderful review and recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I really can't fault this hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful, the food was superb and the room comfortable and spotlessly clean. We would definitely return to this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. It is up quite a steep hill from the harbour but after the excellent food that's no bad thing and the hotel does have a courtesy bus.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Penny P
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your great comments and especially for taking the time to post them on TripAdvisor after your recent stay. I am delighted to read that your whole stay was an enjoyable one and that you were happy with all our facilities and service provided. I am happy to read that you found our rooms comfortable and clean, that our food was at your satisfaction and that our staff was, as usual, very friendly and helpful. Thank you very much once again for this wonderful review and recommendation, I will share it with the team and we are all looking forward to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed overnight whilst in Guernsey, as my favourite hotel was full. Occupied a superior double room. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room had all the "usual" facilities. I have a slight disability, but forgot to mention this to the hotel when making the reservation. This resulted in two problems, neither of which are really the fault of the hotel. The ensuite bath appeared to have higher than usual sides, and I had some difficulties even stepping into it! The other problem (or rather, inconvenience) was the fact that the Wellington Boot Restaurant (see separate review) is apparently only accessible via a spiral staircase. There is no lift access to it. There is a second restaurant (the Grill Room) on the ground floor, but my half board package only included dinner in the Wellington Boot. Breakfast, again, was only served in the Wellington Boot. If you are able-bodied, you should have no problem. It is probably fair to say that even half board packages are not terribly good value for money I shall revert to my preferred Guernsey hotel on my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank sarkanglican
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments about BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet on TripAdvisor. As our Guests' comfort and enjoyment is of utmost importance. I am happy to read that overall you had a pleasant stay, therefore I am disappointed that we didn’t exceed your expectations on our facilities. I have noted your comments regarding the bath and the acess to the Wellington Boot restaurant, which we have taken on board to see where we can make some improvements.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused. I hope we can have the pleasure to welcoming you again to BEST WESTERN Hotel De Havelet in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Duke of Normandie Hotel
Duke of Normandie Hotel
#5 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to Best Western Hotel De Havelet? Share your experiences!