La Fregate Hotel
Ziggurat(St Peter Port)
US$164
  • Breakfast included
Fermain Valley Hotel(St Peter Port)
US$169
US$187
US$189
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
La Piette Hotel(St Peter Port)
US$175
Orbitz.com
US$285
US$248
Great 4.5/5
Grange Lodge Hotel(St Peter Port)
US$146
US$141
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
US$241
US$198
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdeluxe roomnew wingnarrow lanepeter portlovely hotelpre dinnersteep stepsoverlooking the harbourshared balconyother islandslovely balconybreakfast was includedsmall balconysea basstrouser pressrelaxing stayone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Two nights on a luxury weekend package were extremely good value.
As mentioned before, it's not an easy place to find - if you are hiring a car, do phone the hotel first to get directions. BTW the Google map on the hotel's website has slightly misplaced the pin indicating the hotel's position - but once there, I did not want to leave.
The views over St Peter Port Harbour, bustling with ferries and yachts of all shapes and sizes; then towards Herm and Sark and smaller islands were a delight both from the restaurant bar and terrace, and we were fortunate to have 2 balconies in our room (114) giving a panoramic view over both the harbour and the town. I could have just stayed and watched the views all day and all night.
The service was friendly, efficient and prompt. When I requested an extra pillow it was brought immediately.
The room was luxurious, comfortable and spotless. I particularly liked the wicker chairs and table on the balcony. and interesting suede panels in place of curtains. I slept well in the comfortable king-sized bed.
The food in the restaurant was delicious and presented to a very high standard, and would have willingly paid the price of the set 3-course evening menu, if it hadn't been included in the package deal. Although there were only three options of both starters and entrees, portions were generous and there were no hidden extra charges, even coffee was included in the set menu. The bar prices were very reasonable - two large glasses of wine and a litre of mineral water cost £11.50. Breakfast was excellent, with a wide range of choice for both cooked and continental breakfast menus, all well cooked and nicely presented. The restaurant staff were superb - attentive but not intrusive.
My only concern is that the hotel is not easily accessible for anyone with mobility difficulties - the restaurant and bar are on the lower level of the older building where there is not a lift. I have arthritis and the stairs were a bit of a pain at times, but manageable for me. Also the three steps from the main entrance to reception didn't bother me. However I had mentioned my arthritis and mobility needs when I booked, but no one forewarned me about the restaurant being on the lower level. There is a lift in the new annex giving access to all bedrooms.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are in the new annex; they have balconies and air conditioning. Room 114 has both front and side view balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wonwontutu
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We booked a short notice weekend away in Guernsey and chose to stay at La Fregate as it looked close to the center of St Peter Port.

When we arrived on Satruday morning we struggled to find the place (my fault as i didnt have a map) we called the hotel and the reception staff (Chris) could not have been more helpful giving us directions and generally putting up with my inability to be organised!!

He showed us around the hotel and to our room which was simply fantastic! stunning view over the town and out towards Herm.

The room was modern, clean and very comfortable. no complaints at all and the view, that was just perfect.

Bar was very nice, again with nice views and outside space.

We will be going back for sure!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I arranged an overnight stay for my partner's birthday and upon arrival found the hotel had very kindly upgraded us to their Deluxe double (Room 114) which was a lovely surprise. Although we are local people we were in awe of the 190 degree afforded from our room/balcony over the town rooftops and neighbouring Islands. The accommodation was very spacious and the bed was the best we've ever slept on in a hotel. The staff were very professional, the evening meal in the restaurant was superb and our breakfast was second to none. A very very enjoyable stay and one we would love to repeat in the near future. Good value if you are looking for a classy romantic venue.

Room Tip: Room 114 has amazing venues and very spacious
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ellie021269
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Lovely hotel, great modern rooms, wonderful food, polite and attentive staff, what more could you ask for?

As a female gay couple we are warmly welcomed every time we visit, even though some people may think this place is stuffy, we think it's great!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 3 April 2011

6 of us stayed here to celebrate a 'special' birthday and we all loved this hotel. The views overlooking the bay, the food and the overall service (from all of the staff) are the three things that make this hotel extra special. Everyone seems to enjoy working there, which resulted in a fun and friendly atmosphere. I wouldn't stay anywhere else now!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple