“Another cracking meal”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Another great meal in Red - this time for lunch - great atmosphere and attentive staff but most of all consistantly good food - yes well steak again! but why not? I dont eat steak anywhere else as I have been so disappointed so save my steak cravings for Red and Red alone!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

5 salty sea dogs sailed into Guernsey and were recomended to Reds by the Harbour Master. The experience was faultless. Starting with cocktails in the upstairs bar made by the Maestro and his assistant, then downstairs where the patron greeted us , made excellent recommendations and delivered a superb meal. The highlight was the steak but close second is the wine list, we let the Patron choose for us on the basis of his obvious enthusiasm for good wine and were not disappointed. He selected two perfect wines to accompany our meal. The cost was reasonable, the service faultless and the ambience perfect. Even if we had not had a 4 am start and wind against the experience would have been enjoyable, after a hard sail it was divine.

1  Thank John G
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My boyfriend and I had been looking forward to another visit to Red for a few weeks, me especially as I'd seen the new menu! I already knew exactly what I wanted, and my expectations of the food were surpassed and then some!! I reckon it's much easier for this type of restaurant to impress a man with its menu; John had 'very good' salted chilli squid and an 'indulgent' fillet on the bone, with really thoughtful side dishes. I on the other hand am a veggie!!! I'd been dreaming of the goats cheese soufflé with honey dressing.. I really tried to make this last but I couldn't help myself from devouring it! The spelt dish I had for main, may not float everyone's boat however I found it a welcome relief not to have to choose a pasta based or cheese laden dish normally offered as the veggie option, and the flavours were good too! We took a break for a half hour and gorged on tart tatin and ganache cake... more clean plates!! The restaurant buzzed with happy diners and a steady stream of hopeful customers willing to wait for a table. The service was friendly, relaxed and unintrusive! Our only disappointment was that it's going to be a month or two before we get to dine there again!

1  Thank Keelin B
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Wow, what a steak! Shared a 30oz rib of beef with my partner. Beef full of flavour, obviously very well aged, perfectly cooked and well rested. Great smokey flavour from the charcoal, like it was straight off the bbq! All side orders were great as well. Tart tatin was caramelized perfectly with really crisp pastry. Service great, not rushed and staff very knowledgeable about the ins and outs of the different cuts of beef on offer. Will go back for sure, Just be careful can end up being a very expensive night out!

1  Thank BIGMAN792
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Enjoyed an evening at this promising restaurant - good quality food, properly cooked and remarkably good service.
The great "Guernsey" chef Christophe Vincent (former Michelin star holder) is clearly making his mark here - ballatine of foie gras, pata negra ham, good steaks cooked as requested, all supported by a great team in the "front office" very well organised We really enjoyed our evening here and will return - it is very promising. On top of that the wine list has some real unique wines not normally found in Guernsey all at reasonable prices.