“Excellent Lunch!”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I visited here for a weekday lunch date and had the Tuna Steak (med/rare), Spinach and Triple Cooked Chips.

The tuna steak was absolutely cooked to perfection - the best one I have eaten to date!

The spinach in cream was to die for.

Staff where extremely friendly and always on hand for drinks/ service.

Will definitely be eating here again - hopefully for dinner next time!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was over seeing a client and looked this up on Trip Advisor

The fillet steak we had was to die for , as were the mixed starters and accompanying side dishes.

The service was faultless and for a Tuesday night the place was full and buzzing.

My advice is "Just go"

Reviewed 27 April 2014

For a restaurant that specialises in steaks, what really impressed me was the attention given to the serving of the vegetables. Each veg dish was an impressive mouthful, with contented and appreciative murmurs from around the table.
The steaks were like cutting through butter, and melt in your mouth good. The quality of the food was first class, and the owner is quietly passionate about his craft, and it shows.

The menu is extensive, and will have me going back for more.

As pricing goes, for the quality of the food, it's spot on. For food this exceptional, the bill was as you'd expect. A venue to be used sparingly, for those very special occasions.

Staff were delightful, service excellent.

If there were a downside, it would be the noise level, and the actual decor. There is little in the way of soft furnishings, so the noise bounces around and makes conversation reach shouting level early on. I left with a sore throat!

Nevertheless, I'll be back!

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Visited here over the Easter break the food was very good but I was disappointed when I ordered the mixed seasonal vegetable to only get two different types of beans and it was quite expensive!!

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Red has good atmosphere but isn't cheap, so expectations are high. I and my colleague ordered a fine cut of Guernsey beef. In the event the beef was tough. Not the quality I was expecting. Gristle in abundance. Disappointing. I informed the waitress. I've had better beef from M&S. Red let themselves down with the beef. Pity, the service was good. The bill £60+/head for two courses, two drinks and a modest bottle of wine. In the end, price didn't equate to quality delivered.