“Birthday Dinner”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went to Red Grill house for my birthday whilst in Guernsey visiting my wifes family who live on the island.

Starting the meal with a couple of rather potent cocktails was fantastic, as was the fantastic steak that was recommended to us. We were very pleased with the meal and I would highly recommend the chips!

Uppingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful evening”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had a fantastic meal here. After worrying we wouldn't get a table, we were squeezed in at 9. The service was truly excellent. The staff were fantastic, topping up drinks, taking our order promptly and clearing our plates quickly. As a vegetarian I was very well catered for with the impression that nothing was too much trouble. My partner was equally very pleased with advice on steak and the provision of blue cheese sauce. The owner Dave was excellent, passionate about food, drink and service. We will definitely head back on our next visit.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Graeme O
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Lunch!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I visited here for a weekday lunch date and had the Tuna Steak (med/rare), Spinach and Triple Cooked Chips.

The tuna steak was absolutely cooked to perfection - the best one I have eaten to date!

The spinach in cream was to die for.

Staff where extremely friendly and always on hand for drinks/ service.

Will definitely be eating here again - hopefully for dinner next time!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Outstanding In every way”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was over seeing a client and looked this up on Trip Advisor

The fillet steak we had was to die for , as were the mixed starters and accompanying side dishes.

The service was faultless and for a Tuesday night the place was full and buzzing.

My advice is "Just go"

Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Faultless food”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

For a restaurant that specialises in steaks, what really impressed me was the attention given to the serving of the vegetables. Each veg dish was an impressive mouthful, with contented and appreciative murmurs from around the table.
The steaks were like cutting through butter, and melt in your mouth good. The quality of the food was first class, and the owner is quietly passionate about his craft, and it shows.

The menu is extensive, and will have me going back for more.

As pricing goes, for the quality of the food, it's spot on. For food this exceptional, the bill was as you'd expect. A venue to be used sparingly, for those very special occasions.

Staff were delightful, service excellent.

If there were a downside, it would be the noise level, and the actual decor. There is little in the way of soft furnishings, so the noise bounces around and makes conversation reach shouting level early on. I left with a sore throat!

Nevertheless, I'll be back!