“Disappointing - let down.”

Red Grill House and Cocktail Bar
Ranked #14 of 135 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had high expectations but felt very let down. A couple of things were poorly done on my visit here on 30 May. Ordered wine which was bought to the table in an open bottle partially decantered. The bottle had a crack in it and a cork in the top not matching the wine label which just seemed poor. Chateaubriand was average quality and was cold. In-fact the entire meal was ice cold in five minutes due to the close proximity of the air conditioning to our table. (Window seat). Otherwise ingredients were of good quality and dishes flavoursome, but overall experience a let down due to the above factors.

7  Thank Lance C

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went to Red Grill house for my birthday whilst in Guernsey visiting my wifes family who live on the island.

Starting the meal with a couple of rather potent cocktails was fantastic, as was the fantastic steak that was recommended to us. We were very pleased with the meal and I would highly recommend the chips!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had a fantastic meal here. After worrying we wouldn't get a table, we were squeezed in at 9. The service was truly excellent. The staff were fantastic, topping up drinks, taking our order promptly and clearing our plates quickly. As a vegetarian I was very well catered for with the impression that nothing was too much trouble. My partner was equally very pleased with advice on steak and the provision of blue cheese sauce. The owner Dave was excellent, passionate about food, drink and service. We will definitely head back on our next visit.

1  Thank Graeme O
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I visited here for a weekday lunch date and had the Tuna Steak (med/rare), Spinach and Triple Cooked Chips.

The tuna steak was absolutely cooked to perfection - the best one I have eaten to date!

The spinach in cream was to die for.

Staff where extremely friendly and always on hand for drinks/ service.

Will definitely be eating here again - hopefully for dinner next time!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was over seeing a client and looked this up on Trip Advisor

The fillet steak we had was to die for , as were the mixed starters and accompanying side dishes.

The service was faultless and for a Tuesday night the place was full and buzzing.

My advice is "Just go"