“Fab food”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Had a lovely meal here , I had the tuna which was amazing , a very good menu loads of choice to suit everybody! Have a cocktail upstairs cause it's a lovely view over the harbour . Have to book as is very popular!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Visited for the first time as a celebration with 3 different age ranges in our party. Met by friendly and knowledgeable staff who assisted in ordering pre-dinner drinks and proved very helpful in explaining the different cuts of meat and the selections available on the Specials board. We had a selection to enjoy a varied choice of what was on offer, including 2 large Porterhouse Steaks that were cooked medium rare as requested, served very well seasoned with a range of accompanying sides, including fab cooked hand cut chips and creamed spinach. As others have mentioned, the LaGuiole knife was a very nice touch! The ambiance was very nice and despite every seat being taken the waiting staff were attentive without being in your face every 2 minutes.
We all enjoyed a fantastic meal washed down with a very good Rioja and bottles of complimentary ice-cold water. We will definitely return before to long!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We absolutely love Red! We are big fans of steak houses, and Red is just as good as many of our favourites from London and the US, but even better, as it's on our doorstep. So great to have such a high standard restaurant in Guernsey, which is not only fab but consistently fab!

Absolutely love their starter platters and the truffled mac and cheese is as good as it gets as far as I am concerned. Great cuts of beef, with a good variety of sizes to cater for everyone.

The owner Dave is an absolute star and clearly the key to the restaurants success (although the service team are also top notch). His knowledge and enthusiasm for wine is infectious! We've ended up in Napa Valley before purely down to his recommendations, so of course, as you would expect, the wine menu is fantastic. We never leave sober!

Can't wait for our next visit, which, will be very soon, I can assure you!

1  Thank Sweetsugar1621
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Simply the best steak house in Guernsey. Amazing selection and a truly great wine list. You must try the Chateau Musar, Lebanese wine, a real delight and surprise.

1  Thank Graham C
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Red, a well I renowned local restaurant, which did not disappoint! I started in the cocktail bar upstairs which served up a very nice vodka martini using my favourite as their house vodka. Once I'd made my way down to the restaurant, decked out in casual, yetupmarket décor; I was more than ready for some food! The menu has a very wide choice of stock steaks however the best options were found on the daily blackboard - specialist cuts of Scottish and local Guernsey beef arranged by weight. I chose a substantial 300g Guernsey fillet tail with a side of hand cut chips. To say that I was pleased with the result is an understatement! The meat was cooked to perfection and had a lovely charred finish, no need for any sauce to ruin the beautiful taste of this seasonal beef. The chips were really well executed - crispy without the over crispyness that the fad of "triple cooked chips" always provides. The staff were really attentive and knowledgeable about the wares on offer, both in regards to steaks and cocktails. I was very pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of a nice LaGuiole knife to accompany the steak - its little touches of class like this which make a real difference to a top end restaurant. All in all, definitely a place I'll look to visit again and one which I wholeheartedly recommend to anyone visiting the island

1  Thank Tex H