“Best ham, egg and chips!”
Review of Ship & Crown

Ship & Crown
Ranked #70 of 131 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Pub food in the Ship & Crown was fantastic especially the ham, egg and chips with proper hand cut ham! Also ate at the Crows Nest whilst on holiday as well. Views are beautiful from the small tables in front of the big window overlooking the harbour! Staff were very pleasant. Food was plentiful (don't have a big lunch) and changes were made happily (e.g. a salad instead of vegetables). Booths were better to sit at to eat than the small tables and waitress moved our group across. Estepadas were great!

There are newer reviews for Ship & Crown

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The staff and owner made us very welcome and they were delightful, but the food wasn't fantastic but was acceptable. My fish and chips were ok but alittle bit greasy and the portion was huge. Plenty of fish and lots of batter (too much greasy batter). OK for lunch but would not have wanted to have this meal for a good dinner. It was not fine dining but then again the price reflected that. So OK for the price, but nothing special.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I dined here whilst on business.

I have to say I turned up at the restaurant in a awful mood after having a hell of a time find my hotel.

I had the charcuterie starter and tbh it was god awful, nothing better than morrisons sliced meat from the pre-packaged chiller in my opinion.

This had me quite dreading the main course, but I ordered the duck breast and it was quite decent, cooked the way I like it with nice side veggies.

So what gives there chef ?, the starter was crap in plain words, the main very decent. The problem is the starter put them on the back foot and the main wasn't so good as to pick it up.

I ordered the Cahors Malbec which was very good value.

So I'll score them average, sort your starter out peeps, it let the whole meal down since first impressions do count.

1  Thank ZX6RRick
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Barmaid very friendly. Served nice drinks and looked at the varied menu. Ordered 5 meals which some variations to two of them. Arrived very quick and exactly as ordered. The meals were delicious and hot. The locals were vdry friendly. Recommend.

1  Thank Bedzzz
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The Crows Nest (on the top floor of the pub) serves really nice food, particularly the mussels when they are available

1  Thank frquenttraveller