“How cafés should be”

Ranked #29 of 131 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Situated in the heart of St Peter Port's scenic Market Square we are an independent, family owned cafe. Our menu caters for all palettes with a wide range of galettes, sweet crepes, omelettes and croissant, also keep an eye out for our weekly specials board for delicious soups, quiche and cakes made by our award winning baker. We take great pride in being one of only a few St Peter Port establishments to still serve freshly ground coffee. Our lovely cafe has a large al-fresco dining area right on the edge of Market Square (a pedestrian only area) where you can sit and watch the world go by with a true continental feel. From January 2015 we have imposed a ban on smoking within the al-fresco area. Pop in and see us for a delicious breakfast, lunch or afternoon snack - or just enjoy a coffee. Our kitchen is open all day. Please email or call if you would like any further information We look forward to seeing you!
London, England, United Kingdom
“How cafés should be”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Family run, great service, wonderful galettes, superb quiche. The best authentic cafe in Guernsey bar none. Head there for your morning coffee, it deserves to be a great success! Just don't change the formula!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Sarah R

Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Nom Nom. Great crepes.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My sister and I ate here for lunch today. The milkshake was good, but the Nutella crepe was sublime. The restaurant itself is a little bit small but that would be my only complaint. The menu looks interesting and I would love to eat here again really soon. Quick, economical and good service considering it was pretty packed. I would eat here again.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank ilovemovies
London, United Kingdom
“Best crepes and omelettes in Guernsey”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Really good omelettes, chips, crepes for lunch. Service friendly and quick and if you are late for lunch no probelm as the menu is available until they close. I live here and have been many times. Always consistent, reasonably priced. Plus ice cream is fab! Also easy to meet up for a coffee with friends. The only negative is lots of smokers are attracted to sit outside which is unpleasant if you are eating.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank pernicketyfussy
Andrew T, Owner at Cafe Delices, responded to this review, 26 February 2015
Pernickityfussy

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review of our Cafe.

I know it is several months since you wrote your review but I would like to let you know that we have implemented a no smoking policy on our al-fresco area.

Hope to see you again soon!

Andy Taylor
Cafe Delices
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Revisiting an old haunt”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I grew up in Guernsey, and my parents lived there for a while longer when I went away to College. I used to visit this spot with my father over the years, I can't recall what it used to be called. I returned on a day trip whilst holidaying in Weymouth, and stopped off here, weary and hungry. I ordered the buckwheat galette and chose a filling of goats cheese and spinach, which arrived in a trice. What a feast it was, both for the tastebuds and for the eyes! The galette was enormous but wafer thin, folded into a large rectangle and served with a generous green salad. I noticed they sold a good many flavours of icecream in the adjoining unit, but didn't have time or room to sample them - if I return I shall most certainly make another visit and try it out - if I can resist the galette!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank MrsRelph
Uppingham, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a quick lunch”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our first pit stop in guernsey and a great find. We were recommended to go here by two shop owners and were so pleased we took their advice. Lovely wine and amazingly fresh food. The service was quick and the price was extremely reasonable. I had the goats cheese quiche which my partner loved which impressive considering he doesn't generally like vegetarian food or quiche. The croque madam was lovely and fresh. The food was tasty and the service being so quick makes this a perfect quick lunch stop.

• Visited May 2014