“Brilliant food, great service.”
Review of Thomas de la Rue

Thomas de la Rue
Ranked #32 of 126 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food, great service.”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I've eaten here on a number of occasions and the food has been brilliant each time. There's lots of choice. The chicken and bacon salad is fantastic. Nice pub setting, and good service. Last time there were over 20 of us, and the food and service remained the high standard it always seems to be. Great value for money too.

• Visited December 2013

Rugby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I ate dinner here and I saw that the average price for a main course was about £10. For that I thought the food would be okay but nothing special. However, I have to say it was fantastic. It was freshly cooked and the ingredients were of a good quality.

It's good pub food and I would definitely eat here again.

Visited January 2014
Sark, United Kingdom
“Great food & service”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

A really nice glass of Merlot was served within minutes of my arrival. I ordered the minute steak ciabatta, which was served promptly and with a smile! The steak was good as were the accompanying chips! Small variations to the order (no onions with the steak, plain mayonnaise instead of garlic) were noted by the waitress and my requests relayed to the chef! A most enjoyable ice cream sundae followed, and a first rate cappuccino finished off a good lunch. All this in about an hour. I had a table in a ground floor area with doors open to the street as it was a bright, warm day. I have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone who needs a fairly quick but nonetheless enjoyable meal at lunchtime in the centre of St Peter Port. Well done to the waitress. She appeared to be working alone and was obviously very busy. Grateful thanks also to the chef! I shall be back!

• Visited September 2013
Guernsey
“Crunchy crab”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I went on a work bash a little whole ago to the Front Room at the De La Rue, which is the more salubrious part of the pub. The two girls (one of whom I think may have been the manageress) and the guy working the floor and the bar were pretty good and very friendly, and the bill paying experience, which can descend into a farce on work bashes, was made very easy.

On the down side, the food really wasn't up to very much at all. I shared a seafood platter which was ok, it contained various sea creatures either battered or breadcrumbed served with a tartare sauce and a 'mystery' sauce, none of which (I don't think) was prepared on site (which is fine, it's a pub). For my main I had the crab linguini, which unfortunately contained four decent size pieces of shell / cartilage for me to crunch away on.

Some others had ok food, others didn't fare too well, at least three of the steaks for example were overcooked.

The wine list was cheap and contained various animals (parrotfish, lizards etc.). There were a fair few beers / ales / ciders on tap and in bottles.

This was pub food as opposed to gastro pub food, at prices erring towards the latter.

• Visited August 2013
Almere
“Great food for a great price”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Now, this restaurant deserves to be higher on the lists since the food they serve is very good. It may sound stupid but the peas served with the food were so fresh they really tasted great. We all took some sort of fish and were not disappointed.

Visited August 2013