“Good value Quidsin meal”
Review of Roberto's

Roberto's
Ranked #82 of 134 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Been here few times. Quidsin & set menu good value, but if it 's busy the service&food not to high standard. The time we visited, early weekday, service good as well the food for the price. Will go again.

1  Thank Liisalema

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This restaurant doesn't look much from outside, but once you are inside,you are made to feel welcome. Really satisfied with the food and service and there were lots of choices on the menu. The 'early bird' meal is worth going for and there is also a great set menu for £15 - certainly worth a visit and would go again.

2  Thank KarenM1801
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Was my birthday, and went with my partner for what was supposed to be a treat for us. The evening sadly was like 'Fawlty Towers' from start to finish.
Firstly we had no butter for our bread and had to ask twice for some. We both ordered from the 'Tennerfest' menu as it had the dishes that appealled the most to us. I had mushrooms with cheese for starters - 4 minuscule mushrooms and a few sprigs of lettuce. My partner had the prawn tails, again 4, which were served decidedly soggy. Main course was a joke. My partner cannot have alcohol with his food so he asked if his belly pork and cider mash could be done without. The waitress advised he could have it with chips and another sauce instead with salad. This we agreed. I opted for the seafood linguine which was supposed to have crab, prawns and scallops. The waitress advised they had no crab and that I could have extra prawns instead - I accepted. My linguine was served scalding hot so I waited a while for it to cool before trying it. My partners belly pork with the sauce on it arrived, along with a side salad, but no chips. We waited, and waited, until after about 1/4 hour the waitress finally realised I was trying to get her attention and asked if something was missing, and realised before we could answer we had no chips. My seafood linguine was like a curry!! It was packed with chilli pepper and my partner (a chef himself at a very busy and popular hotel) thought perhaps paprika and other spices. No where on the menu did it say it was a spicy dish (I cannot have spicy food due to a medical condition) so again we called the waitress to politely complain. We agreed for another to be cooked without any spices. By this time my partner had finished his disjointed meal when my second main came out. It still had spices in it, despite requesting none. We called the waiter over to complain yet again and he said his father was the chef and he liked to put some spices in the food. I pointed out that I was the customer who had a specific request agreed to that wasn't done. He offered to get another one cooked but by this time I had been put off this dish, and didn't trust them not to put spices in anything else, so we decided to order dessert.
I asked for some plain vanilla ice cream but the waitress just kept explain to me about some toffe / caramel type dessert with ice cream on the side. I had to get quite cross with her before she finally realised all I wanted was some plain vanilla ice cream, on it's own, no trimmings. My partner ordered orange cheesecake and was asked if he wanted anything with it, and he opted for cream. My ice cream came out with a wafer and strawberries despite asking for no trimmings, and my partner was on his last bite of his cheesecake before they finally brought his cream!
During the meal we asked for a jug of iced water (no lemon) three times before we eventually got on, and yes - with lemon which I can't have.
They offered us a free drink as an apology, but we said no. They only charged us for one tennerfest meal in the end, but it no where near made up for a ruined birthday meal.

2  Thank missjc67
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This is not the first time I have eaten here, but the overall result was the same- complete satisfaction! Try starting with the crispy squid, meltingly delicious then follow that with the best seafood linguine you will ever taste then to complete the perfect meal try the home made orange cheesecake.I promise you will not be disappointed, just remember to book.

1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Went on a Saturday as a party of 6, the restaurant was quite busy and had a real buzz. Great choice on the a la carte menu, however great choice and great value on the set menu for 3 courses for £15! We all chose off the set menu and were not disappointed, are starters included squid, crab bisque and garlic mushrooms. Our mains included seafood linguine, sirloin steak Diane and chicken in a cream sauce. Puddings included tiramisu, profiteroles and cheesecake. Fantastic quality, great friendly service, not rushed at all, all for £15!! Would defiantly recommend and return.

1  Thank Paula R