“Excellent food and service.”
Review of The Hook

The Hook
Ranked #20 of 126 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Price range: US$13 - US$130
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Excellent food and service.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I ordered sushi, my family ordered the soup, shrimp, burger and steak. One of the best meals in a long time. It goes to prove you get what you pay for. My dad enjoyed his food that much he wouldn't put the fork down for a picture.

• Visited July 2014

Ketton, England
“Top Restaurant”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Not the cheapest, but certainly one of the best restaurants in St Peter Port. Sushi downstairs and seafood/meat upstairs. Excellent service, great food and good atmosphere. Very popular, so booking is probably the best way to get a table.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank PierrelePilote
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“GREAT RESTAURANT!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had a lovely holiday last week in Guernsey and two brilliant meals at The Hook. It was the first time I had ever tried sushi and although I was a bit dubious can honestly say it was a culinary delight. The presentation of the sushi was amazing and the different flavours and textures of the food was a great experience. We also had a meal upstairs which again we thoroughly enjoyed. The Hook has a great atmosphere with friendly knowledgable staff, good wines and even better food. If you are in St. Peter Port you MUST pay a visit!

• Visited June 2014
Ringwood, United Kingdom
“Mouth watering”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We checked out a few reviews of restraunts in guensey and came across "the hook" we rang and found that someone had just cancelled a table?!
We turned up for 6.30 and we were only second table there. By 7.30 the place was humming the atmosphere was great. I had the surf and turf it was the best meal I've had, it was far
and above better than any of the Michelin star food I've had. My wife had the sole which wasn't quite as good but all in all well worth a visit.

• Visited June 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Battleship Grey Perfection and a Tart”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We are all different, I know, seeking indicators of perfection to validate our decisions. Last night's experience was almost perfect. We were served sublime seafood, good wines and I do not remember a thing about the process. Not because I drank too much (as an athlete and runner I barely touch alcohol) but because it all happened under the radar.

The service was excellent, but so understated and subtle that it did not intrude. Dishes of fish, lobster and steak appeared and empty plates disappeared yet our conversation ran smoothly, interestingly and without disturbance.

Now here's the thing. I make choices based on the simple, solid, unfussy and enduring. I chose my college for its architecture (Churchill). Imagine my delight on visiting the rest room to discover polished concrete walls and floors and sparkling ceramic. Everything worked. The battleship grey camouflage effect echoed the mood and simple efficiency of the restaurant. Imagine again, if you will, the delight of never having to decorate.

Almost perfect you ask? What the restaurant team could never have known was that Chef Mary's signature dessert is Chocolate Bavarois and there was lemon Bavarois on the menu. It is a worthy, complex, celebratory, time-consuming and given my yearning for simplicity an atypical dish to create. It has family significance and history to impart. We decided to share one for old time's sake and placed our order. In due course it arrived and was placed unobtrusively between us, at which point the one and only dissonant note of the evening was struck: " ... Your lemon tart, sir ..."

Visited June 2014