“Delicious afternoon tea, a bit noisy though.”

Leopard Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 131 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had a delicious afternoon tea with my girlfriend in the Leopard Room, with lots of selection of teas and very good quality food. The sandwiches were tasty, the scones were warm, soft and paired well with good quality jam and clotted cream (Guernsey made I'll assume) and the small cakes were gorgeously presented and full of flavour. Everything was plentiful and the service was impeccable and as good as any hotel I have ever been to before.

There was a small issue though. There was a 40th birthday party in the same room as where we were and the noise was absolutely deafening. Not only were we struggling to hear ourselves and had zero intimacy, we also felt a bit like we were interfering in their party as we had to listen to their speeches and toasts and were sat faced directly facing them. I guess we could have asked to move, but we arrived a little late and didn't see any other tables set up for afternoon tea.

I guess it would have been nice to be forewarned that we were to expect a large party in the same room as us or be given the opportunity to move elsewhere.

I'd still thoroughly recommend the DoR for afternoon tea though.

1  Thank flyuk73
There are newer reviews for Leopard Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Lovely to back again In the Leopard Bar. The team really made us feel welcome. Nothing is too much trouble and Dex gets looked after in royal style,
We ate lovely sea bass which was beautifully cooked and a perfect glass of Pinot Gris. Orlando and his team make the Leopard Bar well worth a visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The two of us had very nice meals here. We both had the scollops for an entre. I had a main of the lemon sole and my wife had Brill. Both fish dishes we very good and delivered reasonably quickly. The sides we had ordered for us to share were also good. For desert we had the cheesecake which was very nice and not too heavy.

To go with the main the staff member recommended a french white wine which, although not a variety that I am familiar with, turned out to be an excellent choice. All in all the staff were very efficient, helpful and pleasant.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Thank you Carmen for your last service in the bar! Enjoyed a lot! Best one..quickly, precise and very very appreciated..hope for the next work trip i will find you at the bar service in order to be sure to find ptofessionality and pleasure to drink a beer!!!

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

In every way. From the moment Dex and I first stepped foot (paw) in to the Leopard bar we were treated impeccably.
Water bowls and doggy beds were produced to suit my companion.
Wonderful nibbles and drinks followed each visit.
I discovered a rather lovely NZ Pinot Gris 'Maui' which I would recommend highly.
The food menu is varied and changes nightly with the winter warmer menu offering great value.
I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Olga, Orlando, Marius, Carmen and Carina made us feel right at home.