“Hidden Gem”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
london
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 15 August 2008

When coming to Guernsey on business, I usually stay in one of the 4 star hotels on the Island. However, due to my flight being cancelled, I have no other choice than book in this two-star hotel and was very pleasantly surprised. Indeed, the room I was in was modern looking and equipped with Plasma TV, DVD player and even Ipod speakers. The quality of the furniture, bedlinen and food is most definitely worth other 4 star hotels I’ve stayed in and the price is very cheap for the service and quality offered. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my colleagues and friends visiting Guernsey.

• Liked — The Modern Equiped rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank elmo51

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
London
Reviewed 15 August 2008

It is the third time I've stayed at The Duke of Normandie Hotel, since the addition of their executive rooms and I like this place very much. Not only for the quality of their rooms, but also for their staff. The staff in the restaurant, reception or bar are always happy to see me and deal with my requests. They always manage to check me in earlier than normal or make me a sandwich from the room service menu even after the kitchen has closed. As a frequent traveller, always around on business, this is the type of attention I am looking for.

2 Thank MichaelSp1
Jersey
Reviewed 8 May 2008

we stayed in this hotel for the Guernsey live festival recently. The staff were all realy friendly from the moment we arrived and were more than happy to give us directions, help us with questions and give us information.

We were on a b&b basis and the breakfast really was great. The usual choice of cold stuff and then a menu for a cooked breakfast. The friendly breakfast staff were more than happy to swap and change a few of the items on the menu for us.

The only problem we had was that the bed linen had a slight smell of smoke and the room was quite dated in its decor.

If its just for a couple of days, then definitely worth a look.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank rustymagoo
Warrington
Reviewed 17 March 2008

I have regularly travelled to Guernsey on business, during the last three months and previously in 2006 for five months. On these occasions I have enjoyed the excellent facilities of an executive room although more basic rooms are available for the price conscious holiday maker.
Friendly staff, a good bar and restaurant and a good central location make this hotel an excellent choice for both the traveller and visitor to St Peter Port.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank JohnRWarrington
london
Reviewed 11 March 2008

Date of stay: 10 – 24 January 2008,

I had to come to Guernsey at the beginning of the year to visit a sick friend, who was bed ridden at home. Not wanting to get in the way of her family, I looked online for Hotels in Guernsey, granted I did find the hotel on a random click, but looks like fate smiled on me then. I booked my room and also got the half board option to include dinner on top of the usual rate, since I didn’t really know many people in Guernsey and didn’t want to stray to far from the hotel. For a little bit extra I took advantage of a promotion which they had going and got upgrade to an Executive room.

Upon arrival I was warmly greeted and shown to my room. I felt like I was in something out of fashion catalogue. This must be what all those photo models must be use to. Quite posh décor, although I was a bit clueless to how the DVD player worked, someone came up each time to help operate it.

As for the dinner, that little bit extra for half board went a long way. 3 courses for only £10? A bargain, even though I was too full for dessert anyway.

All in all, I must say that my stay at the Duke of Normandie has been one of my better experiences, and my friend is also feeling allot better now.

• Liked — service and room standards
  • Disliked — nothing !!!
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo