Duke of Normandie Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Ziggurat(St Peter Port)
  • Breakfast included
La Fregate Hotel(St Peter Port)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Pandora Hotel(St Peter Port)
View Hotel
Grange Lodge Hotel(St Peter Port)
View Hotel
All reviewspickled vegexecutive roomhigh streetcompact roommini bargastro pubspiral staircasethe main shopping streetpeter portcentral locationcentre of townexcellent locationgood sizeflights of stairsexploring stiron and ironing boardsmoked haddock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2008

First the good points. Recently refurbished reception area & restaurant. Good breakfast and excellent evening meal on one night we dined there. A good location near the centre of the town.
Now the bad(very bad) point. The bedroom was dark and dingy, with 2 small windows and no view, considering the location of the hotel, posssibly none of the rooms had a view. It was badly in need of redecoration and refurbishment, from the colour scheme we thought it had last been refurbished in the 70's. The handbasin in the bedroom was badly cracked, the toilet roll holder was broken, the soap dispenser in the shower was broken, handles on drawers were loose and some missing. Faults were reported and loose drawer handles were tightened. The hotel and travel agent refused to accept any responsibility but the hotel offered a complimentary weekend, which we refused as 7days was sentence enough in that place. Not a hotel to recommend.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank teithiau
Reviewed 26 September 2008

We recently stayed at this hotel and found the hotel and staff to be very good. The rooms appear to be undergoing renovation but the fittings were modern. The room was also a good size. For those who wish to visit the Priaulx Library for family history, this hotel is well placed.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ozjamboree
Reviewed 15 August 2008

When coming to Guernsey on business, I usually stay in one of the 4 star hotels on the Island. However, due to my flight being cancelled, I have no other choice than book in this two-star hotel and was very pleasantly surprised. Indeed, the room I was in was modern looking and equipped with Plasma TV, DVD player and even Ipod speakers. The quality of the furniture, bedlinen and food is most definitely worth other 4 star hotels I’ve stayed in and the price is very cheap for the service and quality offered. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my colleagues and friends visiting Guernsey.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank elmo51
Reviewed 15 August 2008

It is the third time I've stayed at The Duke of Normandie Hotel, since the addition of their executive rooms and I like this place very much. Not only for the quality of their rooms, but also for their staff. The staff in the restaurant, reception or bar are always happy to see me and deal with my requests. They always manage to check me in earlier than normal or make me a sandwich from the room service menu even after the kitchen has closed. As a frequent traveller, always around on business, this is the type of attention I am looking for.

2  Thank MichaelSp1
Reviewed 8 May 2008

we stayed in this hotel for the Guernsey live festival recently. The staff were all realy friendly from the moment we arrived and were more than happy to give us directions, help us with questions and give us information.

We were on a b&b basis and the breakfast really was great. The usual choice of cold stuff and then a menu for a cooked breakfast. The friendly breakfast staff were more than happy to swap and change a few of the items on the menu for us.

The only problem we had was that the bed linen had a slight smell of smoke and the room was quite dated in its decor.

If its just for a couple of days, then definitely worth a look.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rustymagoo