“We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Fermain” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fermain Valley Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
“We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Fermain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

The wedding experience was wonderful. The guests were impressed by the food and service. Many thanks to April Milnes who has been working with us on this wedding for over a year! and to the General Manager for his help in the run up to the big day. I would recommend the Venue at Fermain as a wedding venue as it overlooks the sea, surrounded by beautiful flowers and trees, is picturesque, the food is top class, the service second to none and the honey moon suit is impressive.

A few suggestion - possibly on a wedding day ensure all wedding guests are sleeping at the venue so that any noise from the wedding will not be a nuisance as the guests are also in the wedding. There were a few non-wedding guests who stayed at the venue and am sure they stayed awake due to the music from the downstairs

Possibly change check in time / check out - for honeymoon room because Ideally, the wedding couple would be busy through out the day as its their big day, and they are usually one of the last people to go to bed, so ideally it should be flexible in that whenever they actually are physically in the room is essentially their check in be it 2 a.m. or whatever, and therefore they have the benefit of the room for the next 21 hours!

Room Tip: Choose rooms with the sea view - usually they are the 'Gold' rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Simba M
Management F, Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Thank you for your comments about the Wedding day I am pleased that you all enjoyed it
Every wedding is different and we do try to cater for the individual needs of our bride and Groom,
It would be great to have all the guests in the Venue for the wedding dance and we do try not to have other residents there as you are correct there was quite a lot of noise, as is the normal thing with wedding groups as for the late check outs of rooms I thought we did a good job on that but there were a lot of guests staying and for the in coming guests we do need to prepare the rooms
Great to have been involved in your big day and I look forward to seeing you both soon,

Robert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I are local and were on a Quids In deal. We checked in, were shown to our rooms by Daniel, who was very pleasant and professional. We decided to walk all around the lanes which was wonderful. We returned the hotel - after walking for over 2 hours - and had our cocktails outside, which were delicious. As we had already been out for lunch we decided to order a sandwich to share and moved to the bar by the restaurant. The sandwich was well presented and the price was little or no more than you would pay in any other establishment. All the staff we came into contact with at the hotel were pleasant and welcoming. The hotel and its staff are to be commended for their professionalism and welcoming natures. This is one of, if not the, best we have stayed in, although we had previously been in a sister hotel - Braye Beach, Alderney which was an equally fantastic stay too. Thank you for a wonderful time.

1 Thank Richie M
Management F, General Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, it is always a pleasure to welcome local residents to stay and great to hear that you had the time to enjoy the cliff walks before your supper. We will be running a similar thing for the Tennerfest so look out for the newspaper and come and see us for dinner too! And great not to have to go to the airport to travel home Eh! Again, thanks for the comments.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

We have been coming here for our wedding Aniversary every year now for 4 years, it would normally put us off to visit the same place but the experiance here is always first class and the view from the gold rooms that we book are the best on the island.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Familydc
Wedding anniversaries are special and I am pleased that we can make it special for you! Yes the views are great and we all love seeing them down here. Come back and see us again soon!
Thank you for your comments.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

I managed to book myself and my husband and 4 friends on a Quids in deal for £80.00 per couple for Bed and Breakfast in a Gold Double room including a Cocktail each in the Rock Garden bar on Friday the 24th August.

We do live in Guernsey , but myself and my husband do like to try and stay at Hotels when they have special offers on so when I saw this I did not hesitate to contact my friends to see if they wanted to come.

We checked in at the Hotel and we were greeted by the friendly receptionist who gave us our key's and asked us if we would like her to show us to our room, as one set of friends had already checked in we told her that they would show us where to go.

We went up to room 17 and we were not disapointed , the room was tastefully decorated in pastel colours , with double door's out on to a balcony, it had everthing you would expect of a hotel of that standard including a mini bar with complimentry water, a bottle of sherry, a liitle box of Guernsey Fudge, some fresh fruit,safe , iron, ironing board, they even offered us a turn down service which again they came in and put a little bottle of water and glass each side of the bed with a little card advising us of what the weather would be like for the following day.

We went down in to the bar and ordered coffee and just sat and chatted away ,it was pouring with rain but that did not dampen our spirits, we all decided to go up and get ready and get together for a sherry in one of the rooms at 1800 which we did , we then all went up to the Rock Garden bar and ordered our complimentry CockTail, The Barman was very good and very funny and he knew exactly what everthing was and looked so proffesional when making them. We went and sat out side in the garden under the awning with the heaters until a further four friends joined us for drinks.

I had booked a table in the main restaurant as the Rock Garden was fully booked but we were definately not dispointed. We were given the three course menu along with the a'lcarte and the set menu was so good that we all opted for that at £25.00 per head .

The food and presentation were excellent , the staff were extremely polite and helpful and all together it made for a fantastic night , we went and sat in the lounge with our coffee's etc until our friends taxi arrived and then the rest of us all went up to bed.

We had decided to all meet for breakfast at 0830 and again the staff were very friendly as we asked them if we could have a table for 6 and they kindly set one up for us.

We all ordered our breakfast, again there was everything you would expect , continental, fruit's , yogurt's, meats croissants, you could order smoked kippers , eggs as you like , full english.

We all agreed that we had a fantastic time , again the Hotel, Food,Staff and Friend's Company made it and enjoyable stay and we would definanetly do all over again, our meal and drinks before dinner, wine with our meal, port, irish coffee etc came to £85.00 per couple which was an excellent price.

Well done Robert and your team for giving us an enjoyable stay and making us want to do it all over again, even though we were on a quids in offer we were treated exactly the same as everyone else

Room Tip: Unfortunately due to my husband forgetting the Camera I have no photos but take my word for it whate...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sheena1962
Management F, Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Good Morning
What a lovely page to read!
We do all love working here and I think as your comments show, it is true!
I am thrilled that you and your guests all enjoyed a short trip from home and made us your destination, so good not to have to travel when we are here on the doorstep!!
I look forward to welcoming you all again, keep looking out for our special deals
We love it when visitors from oversees come to stay and even better when locals come and see what we have to offer
Thanks again for your lovely review

Romsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

This hotel deserves to be at the top of the tree. The staff were very helpful, the food excellent and the facilities superb. Yes it was expensive, but to spend all day in and around the hotel instead of the usual "where shall we go today" says it all. Treat yourself.

Room Tip: If you can afford a balcony room, go for it.
4 Thank Ian H
Thank you for your wonderful comments,
I too sometimes could just spend the whole day here, in the pool sauna and then later in the cocktail bar and finally after dinner, a stroll through the gardens and then to watch a movie in our cinema
But I do so enjoy working here too so I have the best of both worlds
Do come and see us again and we look forward to looking after you again
Reading, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed here for business and although it is mainly a leisure hotel I found it surpassed my needs. There are two lovely restaurants, the valley restaurant is great for a more formal dining experience and wonderful food, although you do pay the price (around £20 for a main). The bar next door is more reasonable though and the food is still of a very high quality. I think the rock garden is open every night except Monday, a much more relaxed place to eat and the cocktails are to die for. Overall a great experience, lovely room, attentive staff and good facilities. A walk in the gardens after dinner is recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank nicvowles
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us.
I am so pleased that you like to visit both the restaurants we have to offer and there is a difference, which we do like to promote. the gardens are lovely and we encourage our guests to take the time to have a stroll we are constantly changing and evolving and helpful comments such as yours are really most welcome
Merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I was invited to sing at a wedding held at The Venue function suite of the hotel. I was that wowed by how lovely this place was I had to write a little review. After a horrendous experience of having to leave all my toiletries at the airport, the hotel staff were so accommodating and gave me a lift to the nearest supermarket so I could freshen up. They didn't have to do that and it was a really nice gesture by the staff. My room was beautifully decorated, clean and bright. All the staff seemed really happy and very professional and courteous. The (buffet) food was excellent and beautifully presented, the grounds were well kept with beautiful flowers in the gardens between the Venue and the main hotel. So, I'd definitely stay there again if I was to return to Guernsey - hopefully for longer next time - and I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Bobbybobob
Management F, Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Good Day to You,

Thanks so much for the lovely review you posted, we would like to say that you are a great singer and we enjoyed the music, ( once you had new toiletries!!!)
So glad that we were able to help with thatand so pleased that you were able to enjoy yourself a bit whilst working and the gardens are full to bursting at the moment!and when you next come over to Guernsey hopefully for another Gig, come and see us too
Thanks again for spending the time to review

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
La Barbarie Hotel
La Barbarie Hotel
#1 of 9 in St Martins
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Fermain Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!