Fermain Valley Hotel
US$193
Hotels.com
La Fregate Hotel(St Peter Port)
US$249
  • Restaurant
US$209
US$186
Hotels.com
Best Western Hotel De Havelet(St Peter Port)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$163
Priceline
Ziggurat(St Peter Port)
US$168
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Les Rocquettes(St Peter Port)
US$179
US$171
Travelocity
Pandora Hotel(St Peter Port)
US$125
All reviewsrock gardenocean restaurantgold roomdecanter of sherryflight pathprivate cinemathe main hotelbeach cafetea roomthe clifflovely hotelcourtesy busfresh fruitsea viewfour star hotellovely touchlovely view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Back to days gone by in respect of friendly service provided and helpfulness, yet the hotel facilities were up to date and provided a most relaxing holiday for myself and my partially abled father. The personal attention paid to each visitor was great. The room was superb, clean and beautifully decorated; the bed was really comfortable; and the bathroom facilities were excellent. The breakfasts were so heavenly that you didn't need to eat until the evening! And location-wise - its perfect for families as it is near the beach (bit of a hike up the hill afterwards) or for tourists wanting so stay 10 minutes from St Peter Port. We will definitely be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Depends on what you prefer. I loved our balcony that overlooked the valley and caught the morning and evening sunshine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Robert S, General Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear AlexHaynes,
How lovely to read your comments on Trip Adviser. I was pleased to read that you and your Father enjoyed your stay, we do pride ourselves on old fashioned values with first class facilities. We have a beautiful pebble beach at the bottom of the lane and yes, the location does lend itself well for both beach and town.
Please let me know when you plan a return trip to the Fermain Valley Hotel, it would be great to welcome you both back.
Kind regards

Reviewed 13 August 2013

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was very good. The swimming pool, although small was excellent. The sauna was completely cold the whole time we were there, and the 'emergency phone' by the swimming pool was broken.

Room Tip: We were unfortunate to have a 'Garden room', which looked out onto a busy main road, it was opposite a noisy pub, which has live music, and was very noisy on Saturday nights. For the price paid for our holiday, this was not good value. Do not stay in a 'Garden room', we tried to upgrade, but were not able to.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen S

Dear Karen S
Thank you for your comments on Trip Adviser and I was pleased that you found my staff helpful with a good breakfast and that you enjoyed the pool and gardens. We are currently trying to make the hotel as environmentally friendly as possible; therefore the sauna is off whenever possible and takes just seven minutes to warm up.
I was sorry to read that you did not find your room to your satisfaction; I have asked our hotel reservations team to put a note on your guest profile, so that when you return to the Fermain Valley Hotel, we will do our best to allocate a gold balcony room which are quite lovely and have beautiful views over the bay.
Best regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I can truthully say that I have rarely come across the excellent level of customer service provided by the fantastic staff at the Fermain Valley.My room was superb, with great facilities and very clean. I particularly enjoyed the swimming pool and beautiful setting of the hotel. I would recommend the hotel with absolute confidence, especially for a special getaway!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Robert S, General Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Wendy H
Thank you so much for your very kind review. How lovely to read that you found my staff fantastic, your room superb and that you enjoyed all the facilities we have to offer. Please do come back soon, especially for a getaway. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Fermain Valley Hotel.
Best regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a family room with our 3 year old son. The room was very large and clean and the hotel made lots of effort with little extras in the room. The staff were extremely friendly even with our over excited noisy 3 year old son. The price was expensive but I feel it was worth the price we paid. My only criticism is the room we stayed in was over the venue where a family wedding took place and when I took my son to bed early you could hear the music. This did not seem to disturb him though. The pool was brilliant and very warm which was ideal for our family. We will definitely come back to guernsay again amd when we do we will stay at this hotel again,

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jo H,
Thank you for leaving your feedback. It was great to have you with us and my staff enjoyed looking after our young guest. The Venue is often used for wedding celebrations and though we try to keep the noise from the celebrations to a minimum, I am glad that at least your son was not disturbed. I’m very pleased to hear that you all enjoyed the pool and the little extras we included in your room. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fermain Valley Hotel.
Best regards

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, staff went out of their way to make us welcome, they were friendly & very professional. The room was ideal and well appointed, lovely view over the trees to the sea. Food was plentiful and excellent quality. We had a great time & if we ever revisit Guernsey we will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear KFGM2013,
How rewarding and lovely to read your recent review on Trip adviser, thank you. I was so pleased that my staff went out of their way for you, were friendly and professional and that you found you room well appointed. Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed the food on offer and that you will return to the Fermain Valley Hotel, it will be a pleasure to have you back with us.
With thanks