“Weekend Break”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Weekend Break”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Lovely weekend at the Fermain Valley had a gold room in the main building which was lovely with sea views - although the weather was appalling it didnt really matter. The price we paid made it excellent value for money. Great to see a hotel offering complimentary water -so many still dont. Generous amounts and variety of teas and nice biscuits. Food in the restarant was great and service excellent. Breakfast was also wonderful - with good quality ingredients. Nice comfy bed and good shower. The room was very warm but once we worked out how to switch of the bathroom radiator which was boiling it was fine. My only gripe was having to order afternoon tea 24 hours in advance - never, ever come across this before and this was the only let down in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert S, General Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear CandyJackie

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the selection of tea and coffee we provided. We always try to ensure that as many different tastes are catered for.
All of our full afternoon teas are prepared and cakes are handmade to order which is why we require 24 hours notice. We do offer sandwiches and scones which can be ordered on the day. If you should decide to return to The Fermain Valley please don’t hesitate to contact me directly and I will ensure that we can arrange a full afternoon tea for you to enjoy at a time that suits you during your stay and also offer you the most competitive rates.

Kind regards
Robert Steen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Cowes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Having stayed one night on business (excellent room, excellent service, excellent food), I found myself returning the following evening as my flight home was cancelled due to storm force winds. The hotel was very busy as it was Valentines eve. However the staff pulled out all the stops, sorted me a room, provided me with an excellent meal, made me feel very comfortable as a solo guest in a room full of romantic couples! The service was absolutely outstanding - I can't praise them enough. This was my first time to Guernsey but I will now return for leisure and most certainly will stay at the Fermain Valley. Outstanding.

Room Tip: The Gold rooms are excellent
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Di R,
Thank you very much for your kind words left on trip advisor. We were all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to make you feel so comfortable during dinner. It is always our aim, to ensure that all our guests are made to feel as comfortable as possible during their stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for a leisure stay. Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly and we will ensure you get the most competitive rates.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Just returned from a wonderful relaxing break at Fermain Valley Hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful, and the manager - Robert Steen - is a wonderful host. Always there to help out with any queries and ready with a witty anecdote. Food was good and plentiful, atmosphere pleasant and cordial. Rooms are pleasant and well decorated, bed very comfortable. Fruit on arrival in the room and complimentary sherry, no extra cost. Hotel generally was a bit too warm but we opened our bedroom door during the night and slept well. Weather was awful but the visit was very enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Solly256
Dear Solly256,
Thank you for leaving such a kind review for us on trip advisor. I am most pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased that you liked the sherry and fruit on arrival and that the restaurant was as you would hope it to be.
I am sorry that you found the room a little warm. I have spoken our housekeeping manager and we are going to look at ways to reduce the temperatures in all of our rooms.
We would love to be able to welcome you back to the hotel for another stay in the future, it is always great to have our locals staying during the winter months.
Kind regards
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I had cause to visit a sick friend in Guernsey and was advised by a friend to stay at The Fermain Valley Hotel. This done both at short notice and really acceptable terms turned out to be an excellent choice and one which both my wife and I would highly recommend. We were greeted by a charming young lady at Reception who, having taken all our details gave us a conducted tour of the amenities of the hotel, including a very nice swimming pool and sauna, so take your swimming gear! The staff were most friendly and helpful in every way. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent. The room was warm,clean and spacious with an outlook second to none over Fermain Bay. Drinks and fresh fruit along with Sherry was always available in the room. REALLY GREAT. Many thanks.

Room Tip: We were in Room 14 - Wonderful!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Tim C, Director of Sales at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Malcolm,

Firstly, we hope your friend is now feeling better and please thank them for recommending Fermain Valley hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, as we all take great pride in our work and service. We very much value your feedback and will make sure to pass it on to all department teams as they love to hear positive comments as it provides great motivation.
Thank you for reviewing the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
If your do return, as you have stayed before, please do contact us directly for most competitive rates.

The Fermain Valley Team
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Between Xmas and new year I booked a room here because a friend had their wedding reception at the venu. The reception, food, entertainment and staff at the venu couldn't have been better. A wonderful day.

Our room was really nice too. The 'extras' that were not extras, they came as standard, were lovely. Fresh fruit, chocolates, bottled water and a wide selection of teas, coffees and bathroom bits. These are often charged for in other places. However on closer inspection we found a few things we were a bit surprised at, paint peeling off the bathroom door, chipped plasterwork on the walls and a drainage problem in the sink and bath. When I took a shower I was more than ankle deep in water half way through.

Overall I would recommend this hotel, I'd certainly stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Meeshka1982
Robert S, General Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Meeshka1982

I was pleased that you enjoyed Laura and Johns’ Wedding here with us at the Venue.
I was also happy to read your comments about the food, entertainment and the staff. All our complimentary extras are appreciated by so many of our guests.
I would like to point out that now in January, we are tackling all the maintenance issues and we have now already started our extensive winter refurbishment scheme.
I was not aware of the plumbing difficulties you encountered, but I do believe that we have now solved that problem.
Come back soon and I will be delighted to show off the new look.
I am glad that you would recommend us and that you will certainly stay again.

With warm regards,

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Nothing but good things to say about the hotel and staff here. From the moment we turned up to the minute we left, the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. We booked the hotel at fairly short notice for NYE so probably didn't get the best rates, but the flight and room still worked out cheaper than a trip to the fireworks in London!

Our flight landed early on 31st so we arrived at the hotel around 9:45am, but we were told our room was already available and that we could check in. Once that was done we were offered the use of the driver and the shuttle bus to take us to and from the hotel to the nearest town, St. Peter Port. This service was offered to us a number of times during our stay. It seemed that, if the shuttle driver wasn't busy taking guests to and from the airport, they were more than happy for him to escort guests around the island.

Simply put, the overall experience was exceptional. My partner and I are used to a level of service usually reserved for hotels we frequent in America and the Fermain Valley offered a comparable experience - Breakfast and Dinner were tasty and freshly-cooked, Christmas decorations, hotel furnishings, pillows and beds were great quality, the gardens were extremely well maintained and the overall ambience made for a perfect Christmas/New Year break.

There's also the added bonus of a bay being a short (albeit very steep!) walk from the hotel so, if you don't fancy shopping or driving, you can wile away the time watching the waves and walking along the coastal path.

I'd like to personally thank Robert and his team for their hospitality and congratulate them on delivering an exceptional experience. We shall definitely recommend and return.

Room Tip: Request a sea-facing room for best visual experience. Lovely watching the sun rise over the bay in t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cyclopsdx
Dear Cyclopsdx
Thank you so much for your kind review on Trip Advisor.
I was pleased that you were looked after by all the staff from the moment you arrived. I was pleased that the Hotel Mini bus was available to take you into St Peter Port and that you availed yourselves of this service more than once.
I am thrilled that you compared us to the American Hotels where service is paramount and that all aspects from Christmas decorations to fluffy pillows and well maintained gardens were experienced to help make your New Years Break an enjoyable one.
I too like to add all the lovely things we have to offer our guests as one to ensure our guests have an enjoyable experience not just an over night stay.
We all appreciate the slow waves lapping onto the shore at our lovely Fermain Bay do please come back in the summer and enjoy the hotel in it’s summertime glory.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards,

guernsey channel islands
Reviewed 2 January 2014

did new years eve gala dinner, and stayed the night, staff are very warm and friendly, food excellent and value for money, stunning views and our room was clean and everything you want in it,we also had a swim in the indoor pool, will be back for sure

Room Tip: higher floors looking out to sea
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wobberler
Dear Wobberler

Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor
I was pleased to read that you had a good night with us on New Year Eve, and that the food was excellent.
I was pleased that you also found the staff to be warm and Freindly and you were able to enjoy our lovely Swimming pool.
Do please come back and see us again I look forward to it

Warm wishes,

Hotel Bella Luce
Hotel Bella Luce
#2 of 9 in St Martins
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Fermain Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!