Fermain Valley Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Blue Horizon Hotel(St Martins)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Hotel Bella Luce(St Martins)
View Hotel
Pandora Hotel(St Peter Port)
Carlton Hotel(St Martins)
Hotel Jerbourg(St Martins)
View Hotel
Les Douvres Hotel(St Martins)
Ziggurat(St Peter Port)
  • Breakfast included
La Barbarie Hotel(St Martins)
View Hotel
All reviewsrock gardenocean restaurantgold roomdecanter of sherryflight pathprivate cinemathe main hotelbeach cafetea roomthe clifflovely hotelcourtesy busfresh fruitsea viewfour star hotellovely touchlovely view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2014

What a change to find a superb hotel with old world charm and staff that are a pleasure to meet, I found the hotels atmosphere and friendly staff a reminder of how it used to be when nothing was too much trouble and customer service was the key to return business. I will be staying here again and am looking forward to it already.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the old part of the hotel with views down the valley to the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert S, General Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Tony W

Thank you for your lovely review. I have passed on your comments to the team and they were all thrilled to hear how much you had enjoyed your stay with us. We are pleased that you will be returning to stay with us at Fermain Valley Hotel. Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly to ensure we can offer you the most competitive rates.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Lovely weekend at the Fermain Valley had a gold room in the main building which was lovely with sea views - although the weather was appalling it didnt really matter. The price we paid made it excellent value for money. Great to see a hotel offering complimentary water -so many still dont. Generous amounts and variety of teas and nice biscuits. Food in the restarant was great and service excellent. Breakfast was also wonderful - with good quality ingredients. Nice comfy bed and good shower. The room was very warm but once we worked out how to switch of the bathroom radiator which was boiling it was fine. My only gripe was having to order afternoon tea 24 hours in advance - never, ever come across this before and this was the only let down in my opinion.

Dear CandyJackie

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the selection of tea and coffee we provided. We always try to ensure that as many different tastes are catered for.
All of our full afternoon teas are prepared and cakes are handmade to order which is why we require 24 hours notice. We do offer sandwiches and scones which can be ordered on the day. If you should decide to return to The Fermain Valley please don’t hesitate to contact me directly and I will ensure that we can arrange a full afternoon tea for you to enjoy at a time that suits you during your stay and also offer you the most competitive rates.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Having stayed one night on business (excellent room, excellent service, excellent food), I found myself returning the following evening as my flight home was cancelled due to storm force winds. The hotel was very busy as it was Valentines eve. However the staff pulled out all the stops, sorted me a room, provided me with an excellent meal, made me feel very comfortable as a solo guest in a room full of romantic couples! The service was absolutely outstanding - I can't praise them enough. This was my first time to Guernsey but I will now return for leisure and most certainly will stay at the Fermain Valley. Outstanding.

Room Tip: The Gold rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Di R,
Thank you very much for your kind words left on trip advisor. We were all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to make you feel so comfortable during dinner. It is always our aim, to ensure that all our guests are made to feel as comfortable as possible during their stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for a leisure stay. Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly and we will ensure you get the most competitive rates.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Just returned from a wonderful relaxing break at Fermain Valley Hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful, and the manager - Robert Steen - is a wonderful host. Always there to help out with any queries and ready with a witty anecdote. Food was good and plentiful, atmosphere pleasant and cordial. Rooms are pleasant and well decorated, bed very comfortable. Fruit on arrival in the room and complimentary sherry, no extra cost. Hotel generally was a bit too warm but we opened our bedroom door during the night and slept well. Weather was awful but the visit was very enjoyable.

1  Thank Solly256

Dear Solly256,
Thank you for leaving such a kind review for us on trip advisor. I am most pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased that you liked the sherry and fruit on arrival and that the restaurant was as you would hope it to be.
I am sorry that you found the room a little warm. I have spoken our housekeeping manager and we are going to look at ways to reduce the temperatures in all of our rooms.
We would love to be able to welcome you back to the hotel for another stay in the future, it is always great to have our locals staying during the winter months.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I had cause to visit a sick friend in Guernsey and was advised by a friend to stay at The Fermain Valley Hotel. This done both at short notice and really acceptable terms turned out to be an excellent choice and one which both my wife and I would highly recommend. We were greeted by a charming young lady at Reception who, having taken all our details gave us a conducted tour of the amenities of the hotel, including a very nice swimming pool and sauna, so take your swimming gear! The staff were most friendly and helpful in every way. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent. The room was warm,clean and spacious with an outlook second to none over Fermain Bay. Drinks and fresh fruit along with Sherry was always available in the room. REALLY GREAT. Many thanks.

Room Tip: We were in Room 14 - Wonderful!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Tim C, Director of Sales at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Malcolm,

Firstly, we hope your friend is now feeling better and please thank them for recommending Fermain Valley hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, as we all take great pride in our work and service. We very much value your feedback and will make sure to pass it on to all department teams as they love to hear positive comments as it provides great motivation.
Thank you for reviewing the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
If your do return, as you have stayed before, please do contact us directly for most competitive rates.

The Fermain Valley Team