“Excellent stay”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We spent only 2 nights in this hotel.

The best for us was :
-Breakfast : differents and great choices, pancakes tasted amazingly good, nice service
-"Shuttle" to town : very very helpful !
-The location : on a beautiful Valley, near a Bay and a View Point. Bus station is near the hotel, so it is very convenient.

I won't write more about it, it was really good overall, it was clean, nice staff even though the "check-in" was made very quickly... I would have prefered to have more information about the location or the hotel because it was our first time in Guernsey.

I recommend :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karine A
Timothy C, Guest Relations Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Karine A,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review following your recent stay with us at Fermain Valley Hotel. I was most pleased to be able to share your comments with the team who were delighted you had enjoyed your stay with us. I was thrilled that you had enjoyed your dining experience in The Ocean restaurant, which prides itself on offering the freshest, seasonal produce, prepared by our talented kitchen team. Our ethos is to offer each guest a wonderful and unique customer experience and make you feel as if at home, even down to the home cooked breakfasts and complimentary bus service, which we offer to all of our welcomed hotel guests.
I am sorry that you felt your check in experience was made too quickly. Our reception team always try to offer a comfortable and warm welcome to all our guests. We provide a full tour of the hotel and its facilities and I am sorry if this did not happen when you arrived with us.
Once again thank you for your kind words and should you wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact our reservations team directly at book@fermainvalley.com who will be able to assist you in getting the most competitive rates.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I travel to this hotel around once a month for work. Secretly, I look forward to staying here. From the fabulous staff who always greet me with a warm welcome to the luxurious comfortable beds to the wonderful view this really is one of my favourite hotels. Just undergone a refurb and it looks great. The food is always brilliant, the room service is great and nothing is too much trouble for the staff they really are brilliant. Nestled in a gorgeous bay, a short walk through the hotel down to the wonderful little bay quickly helps one unwind after travelling. Rooms have sea view balconies so you can sit and unwind here and it's the little touches such as apples, a decanter in the room, everything you need from toiletries to an ironing board to tea and biscuits all make the stay fabulous. Love to bring the hubby and kids here for a stay because I know they would love it. Don't tell the boss but no hardship at all staying here and secretly I enjoy my work trips to this fabulous hotel.

Room Tip: Silver or gold rooms fabulous. Do bring your swimmers as they do have pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Timothy C, Guest Relations Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear marswebbpr01,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review following your recent stay at The Fermain Valley Hotel. It is always a pleasure to welcome guests back to the hotel and I was delighted to share your comments with the team who were all most pleased how much you enjoy returning to stay with us.
I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our two new restaurants within the hotel and had the opportunity to sample some of the delicious dishes available. I was also very pleased that you were able to enjoy one of our Gold rooms, with a wooden decked balcony and wonderful blue hue sea views. We pride ourselves on the customer service and the little touches that we provide in each guest room and we are please these elements helped make your stay especially memorable.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back for your next work visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to ensure you are getting the best rates available.

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed for only 3 nights, unfortunately( to attend the same family wedding) and from the moment that we arrived we were greeted with wonderful customer service. Flight arrived at 8 am and we were picked up at 8.20 am by the courtesy car. On arrival at Fermain we expected to leave our bags until book in time but our room was ready and we were able to have a lovely breakfast and enjoy the facilities. Special mention for Robert Steen who greeted us each morning and was particularly hard working on the day of the wedding held at The Venue. He was always courteous and attentive as were all the staff at all times,what a joy! The wedding receptions were fantastic, the hotel is in the most beautiful setting, so overall, an extremely fabulous experience .
Gold room with sea view terrace worth every penny and the hubby adored the sherry ! And yes we will definitely stay again as well.

Room Tip: Gold rooms with view down the valley- very comfortable
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Timothy C, Guest Relations Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Jacque R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. It was a real pleasure to share your wonderful comments with the team who were delighted to hear how much you had enjoyed your experience with us here at Fermain Valley Hotel. I was very pleased to hear how we had all helped to ensure you had such an enjoyable stay and that you had such a great day at the wedding which was held at our Venue facility.
We would love to be able to welcome you back for a stay in the future. Should you wish to return please do not hesitate to contact our reservations team directly at book@fermainvalley.com who will be able to assist you in getting the most competitive rates.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed six nights here, whilst attending a family wedding and were delighted to find the best customer service we have ever had. All staff were very helpful,cheerful, friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble for them. Robert Steen, the general manager, in particular was courteous, helpful and efficient. We appreciated the tour of the hotel when we arrived, the use of the cinema, excellent food and free shuttle service. Our gold room had a fantastic view with balcony, complimentary fruit, water & sherry in the room. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Gold room with sea view balcony worth every penny
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Rosemary H,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review following your recent stay with us. It is extremely rewarding for all our team to know that their friendliness and hospitality ensured your stay was as enjoyable as you would wish. I was also very pleased to hear that you had been able to enjoy the complimentary facilities we offer such at the in house cinema, hotel shuttle service and our beautifully appointed Gold rooms offering a sea view and balcony. It’s always nice to hear that guests have also enjoyed the complimentary extras we provide in our guest rooms such a fruit, sherry and handmade Guernsey fudge.
I am very pleased that you will be returning to visit us in the future. When you are ready to book please do not hesitate to contact our reservations team directly on book@fermainvalley.com to ensure the best possible rates.

Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Service, location, overall quality are recommended. There are however, the following areas that let the hotel down. The breakfast menu is good but the staff seem over worked or more likely poorly supervised. We found ourselves constantly having to ask for items such as crockery, sauces etc items that should be continually re-stocked. To run out of white bread as they did one breakfast time is poor. The Steakhouse Restaurant was disappointing firstly the level of service was not good but secondly the quality of meat poor. One steak was simply not fit for consumption when we complained a very lame excuse was given and we had to refuse to pay for it, this offer should have been made by the staff. In this restaurant as with many others chefs avoid confrontation we suggest in future when there is such a complaint the chef meets the customer not shift responsibility to waiting staff. Overall the above should not detract from the fact that this is a very good hotel that we would recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 10 which while spacious was next to the stairs so was noisy and lacked air conditi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Andy I,
I would like to thank you for taking time to leave us some feedback following your recent stay with us and to say thank you for your recommendation.
I was very sorry to hear that your dining experience was not as you would have wished for and that we have not lived up to your expectations. Here at Fermain Valley Hotel we pride ourselves on the standard of service and quality that we provide for all of our guests and receive many positive comments so it is disappointing to learn that this was not evident during your stay. Rest assured that all your comments are taken very seriously and we will be doing all we can to ensure that we have no further issues during breakfast service. We will also make sure that our head chef is aware of your comments regarding the Rock Garden to ensure the quality of beef we are using is that of the highest possible standard. We welcome all feedback and this is how we are able to improve and maintain the high standards which we pride ourselves on here.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have just spent 4 nights at this hotel for my nephew's wedding (their reception was held in The Venue). The hotel and Venue were excellent. Robert Steen and his staff could not have been more attentive and made our stay even more enjoyable. Excellent food, beautiful grounds and views. Well equipped and very comfortable rooms. Complimentary use of the hotel's mini buses was a great bonus too (Lucas was our wonderful driver)
I would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I didn't use the Fitness Centre or Spa. Rooms in the main hotel would be preferable in wet weath...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear PamH0303,
I would like to thank you for leaving such a kind review following your recent stay at The Fermain Valley Hotel for your nephews wedding. I was delighted to share your comments with the team and we were all most pleased that you had enjoyed your experience both at the main hotel and at The Venue for the wedding. It was also nice to hear that you had enjoyed the little extras we provide in all of our guest rooms and make good use of our complimentary transport service.
Should you wish to return please do not hesitate to contact us directly for the most competitive rates. You can contact our reservations team at book@fermainvalley.com. I very much hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.
Suffolk
Reviewed 21 April 2014

OK, age has relaxed me a bit over the last few years and I was very happy to stay in this hotel again after a four year absence (and trying out self-catering for a change). After decades of dreaming about staying in one of the rooms with a balcony, I finally managed to book one and am so pleased I did - stepping out onto the balcony was unforgettable - views down the valley, birds singing in the trees, a gentle sea breeze - it is enchanting! The hotel is beautifully decorated, has a lovely atmosphere and well worth it's star rating. I have no complaints about the staff, they are efficient and smart and the person who serviced our room each day was charming and very kind in asking what sort of fruit we would like in our room.
The room itself was immaculate and the decor classically modern with a decanter of sherry on hand and fresh fruit each day. Although the room could get rather warm, opening the doors to the balcony helped. The bathroom was clean and functional and the shower was fine.
Food-wise, the chefs are excellent and the food absolutely delicious. I highly recommend the fish dishes. I would like to say that during dinner, I would recommend the hotel add on a couple of extra members of staff to serve and take orders - it cannot be a pleasant experience for the staff to have to rush around like that with two demanding guests like us - could the manager allow a couple more people to be on hand in the restaurant please?
My only other concern would be to ensure that the terrace outside the swimming pool is kept nice and tidy, loungers straightened, cushions put in place.
I HIGHLY recommend the Fermain Valley Hotel for practically anyone, especially couples on a romantic holiday, honeymoon or anniversary.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a balcony or at least a sea room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackoba
Timothy C, Guest Relations Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Jackoba,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review following your long awaited stay with us. I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to live up and exceed your expectations. I was most pleased to hear how much you enjoyed all our facilities made even more enchanting by the boutique décor interior of the beautiful Fermain Valley Hotel.
I have shared with the team how much you had enjoyed your dining experience, including the newly refurbished Ocean Restaurant, which offers fabulous and fresh seafood dishes. These comments really motivate the staff as it is their passion and they have great pride in delivering the best product they can, to create happy guests.

We always look to improve our service and empathise with your comments regarding the pool area will implement measures to ensure it is kept as clean and well maintained to a much higher standard.
I very much hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel for a future stay. Should you wish to return please do not hesitate to contact our reservations at book@fermainvalley.com team directly for the most competitive rates.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
Hotel Bella Luce
Hotel Bella Luce
#2 of 9 in St Martins
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Fermain Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!