“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a lovely stay at the Fermain Valley hotel in the Venue family room overlooking the beautiful garden. It is a modern newly decorated room and bathroom with beautiful views over the valley to the sea. It was a quiet room. The service was amazing. All of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was lovely in their beautiful dining room. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The walk through the flower garden is great. Five minutes drive from St Peter Port. Brilliant location.

I would never fly with Flybe to Guernsey again as they cancelled our 8pm flight (apparently Flybe very regularly cancel flights to/from Guernsey at the last minute as they're the only Guernsey airline that can't land in fog) and the hotel very kindly found us another room for the night at the last minute. Blue Islands/Aurigny are much better airlines for Guernsey.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Timothy C, Guest Relations Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Anne-Marie L,

How wonderful to read your glowing review following your stay at The Fermain Valley Hotel. It is very rewarding for all of our team to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us. I was most pleased to hear how much you had enjoyed your dining experience in the Ocean restaurant at breakfast where we offer a variety of healthy choices to start the day.
I am sorry that you had some problems with your flights during your stay. Should you wish to return for another stay with us, our reservations department would be more than happy to assist you by booking your flights as well as your accommodation with us and we will also arrange for our complimentary transport to collect you from the airport when you arrive in Guernsey.
Once again thank you for leaving such a kind review, and should you wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact me directly gavin@fermainvalley.com or our reservation team for the most competitive rates at book@fermainvalley.com.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
El Gouna, Egypt
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Set in a beautiful gardens on the top of a valley leading, quite a significant way, eventually to a pretty but pebble beach. The hike back up is a good work out before dinner !!! Staff were very helpful though I couldn't quite work out what one had to do to get the Fermain Valley car to take you either to or from the airport. Bit odd to be told that the car didn't operate before 0800.. thereby missing the first two main LGW commuter jets out of Guernsey. Originally given an annex. Paid the supplement and took a gold room that had a great view in the main building. Rock gardens restaurant was recommended by others but I was told that Monday, like most restaurants in Guernsey it was closed. Odd.. it was a Bank Holiday and one would have thought that it might have been considered peak. However, the other main restaurant was excellent despite the fact that the decor was a tad leather and RR Diner.. Sea Food and the Service was excellent. Rooms were cosy. Easy to navigate though could not switch TV off properly. Probably more silly me !! Indoor pool was noted but not used. Great for a quick stop over.. possibly more of a winter hideaway option !!

Room Tip: Choose only Gold or platinum. If you go standard.. then you will be in the annex.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank edwardgounie
Timothy C, Guest Relations Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Edwardgounie,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Fermain Valley Hotel for your recent stay in Guernsey. I was pleased to be able to share with the team your comments and that we had been able to ensure you had an enjoyable experience staying with us.
I am sorry that the hotel transport was unavailable for your early morning flight. We offer our complimentary transport from 8am until midnight six days a week and for the early flights our reception team would be than happy to arrange taxis for guests wishing to depart before 8am. This can also be arranged with our reservations department when booking your stay with us in advance.
I am sorry that the Rock Garden was closed on the evening you stayed with us but was delighted to hear how much you had enjoyed your dining experience in The Ocean restaurant which prides itself on offering the freshest, seasonal produce, prepared by our talented team of chefs.
We would love to be able to welcome you back to the hotel for a future stay. Maybe next time to try the swimming pool and fantastic sun terrace with sea views. I hope that we will be able to welcome you to the Rock Garden in the future too so that you will be able to sample some of our fantastic steaks on offer.
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I discovered the joy of a stay at the Fermain in February of this year, so when I was planning a 'me time' treat, had no hesitation in booking a return visit. There have been some changes to the Restaurants, and therefore I felt compelled to try them both........and enjoyed both very much indeed.
Staff were great, room was super - no balcony, but terrific views. When the sun was shining, there were a number of sunspots on the terrace, so great to sit out with a book and a drink. Also made use of the small pool - maybe the water was a little too warm for me, but thats just a personal opinion.
Took advantage of the Courtesy Bus into town on Liberation Day (May 9th), and although i made the return journey on foot (I will admit to catching the bus from Town to the top of the hill....), it was good to know that all I needed to do was to ring the hotel and arrange for a pick up time.
Looking forward to my next visit already.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Honeybee240,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to be able to share your wonderful comments with the team and that you were able to enjoy both our fantastic new restaurants within the hotel.
It is always a pleasure to welcome guests back to the Fermain Valley Hotel and I was delighted to hear that you had decided to return following your stay earlier in the year and was very pleased that you had enjoyed the fantastic views from your room, make use of the wonderful terrace with stunning views down the bay towards the sea and enjoy our indoor heated swimming pool facilities.
Our complimentary transport is available to all of our guests for trips into St Peter Port and also for airport transfers and I was most pleased that you had been able to make good use of this during your stay.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I spent 4 nights here and it was great. We stayed in rooms in the annex which was fine. Rooms were well-equipped, very clean. Staff was great, particularly Viera at reception. The breakfast was included. They offered a range of cold and hot dishes, so there was something there for everyone. Wait staff couldn't have been nicer. We used their shuttle service to take us into St. Peter Port our first day and from then on used the bus which stopped right outside the hotel. The gardens were beautiful; very peaceful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Timothy C, Guest Relations Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Shannon R,

I would like to thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at The Fermain Valley Hotel. It was very rewarding to hear how much you had enjoyed breakfast, where we offer a variety of healthy choices for our guests to choose from, whether they decide to opt for a Continental or full English breakfast. I was also delighted that you had been able to enjoy the experience of our complimentary transport service, making life that little bit more convenient, especially as our narrow lanes can prove challenging!
Once again thank you for leaving such a kind review, and should you wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact me directly gav@fermainvalley.com or our reservation team for the most competitive rates at book@fermainvalley.com.

Hampshire
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Absolutely fab; the staff were without exception very friendly, very helpful and very obliging....nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The Manager himself was very hands on, welcoming and very friendly and you can see where the influence on the exceptional staff attitude comes from. Courtesy pick from airport, delicious dinner and wonderful breakfast. Rooms were clean, very light and airy and the balcony overlooking the valley and sea was a wonderful early evening setting for an early evening tipple of complimentary sherry before dinner. Great nearby walks (very steep in places and all the steps are definitely not for the faint hearted!) and some wonderful sketching opportunities. All in all a wonderful weekend! Can't really comment on the Fitness Centre or Spa as I didn't use it at all....way too many other outdoor things to do and see!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the valley and the sea have balconies and are well worth asking for but to be...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank rm250
Dear rm250,

Thank you for finding the time to write such a glowing review following your recent stay at Fermain Valley Hotel. We pride ourselves on our customer service so were very pleased to hear you had enjoyed your time with us and that you had been able to use our complimentary transport service and enjoy some of your complimentary sherry. I’m delighted that you enjoyed both the décor of our beautiful Gold rooms and the stunning views from the balcony across the valley and towards the sea. Our Ocean restaurant is proving popular and we hope to welcome you back soon to sample our new menu.
All of your wonderful comments and particularly the ones about the exceptional service which you experienced during your stay with us, I have shared with the team. For which they are most grateful.
Should you wish to return for a stay in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly for the most competitive rates at book@fermainvalley.com.

Sussex UK
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had a lovely holiday at this hotel. The staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough to make our stay memorable. We were picked up from the Airport on time by the courtesy transport which was available when required during our stay. The bus service was very convenient from just outside the hotel. The Gold room was lovely although slightly smaller than expected, but then we were only there in the evenings,so this did not really matter.We had bath Robes and slippers supplied,and everything you would require in the bathroom in the way of toiletries.The fruit and sherry was a lovely touch,and the Tea/coffee was replenished every day. The room was cleaned extremely well every day and we had a nice balcony overlooking the terraces and the sea. All in all we could not fault this hotel and would return again without any hesitation.I would like to say a big Thank you to Robert Steen for a very well run hotel and also to Gavin on the reception and Nick the transport driver and wish them all well for a very successful season.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rosemary G
Timothy C, Guest Relations Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Rosemary G,

I would like to thank you for leaving such a fantastic review following your recent stay with us. It is most rewarding for all the team to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make it such a memorable one.
I was most pleased that you were able to make good use of our complimentary transport service. It was also very pleasing to hear how much you enjoyed one of our beautifully appointed Gold rooms and were able to enjoy some of the extras we provide in all of our rooms such as fresh fruit and complimentary sherry. I have passed on your comments to our housekeeping team who were delighted that you found your room to be so comfortable and clean.
Once again thank you for leaving such a kind review, and should you wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact us directly for the most competitive rates at book@fermainvalley.com.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

we had a platinum room in the main hotel which was spacious and welcoming. There were bathrobes, toiletries and sherry. The bowl of fruit was a nice touch. The location was lovely with a short woodland walk to the beach and easy access to St Peter Port harbour via local buses although the hotel was great about organising transport. Everyone was pleasant and the breakfasts were plentiful and nicely cooked. The Ocean restaurant had a good menu and the meal was fine. The only downside of the whole experience was that people would wait in the carpark below our room, for taxis and to smoke. We had the windows open as it was so hot so the smoke drifted into our room and the loud conversations of the people waiting meant no sleep before midnight. This was not the fault of the hotel though, but ask for a back room if you want quiet. All in all a very pleasant trip. Thanks to Gavin and the staff.

Room Tip: choose a room in the main hotel, facing back.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Coral h,

I would like to thank you for leaving such a kind review following your recent stay with us at Fermain Valley Hotel. I was delighted to share your comments with the team and we were all most pleased that you had enjoyed your experience with us. I was pleased to hear that you had enjoyed the little extras which we provide in all of our guests rooms such as sherry, delicious homemade fudges and fresh fruit upon arrival. I was also very pleased to hear how much you had enjoyed your dining experience in The Ocean restaurant.
I am sorry that you had a little disturbance in the evenings. We will be looking into ways of addressing this in the future to prevent this from being an issue.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
Hotel Bella Luce
Hotel Bella Luce
#2 of 9 in St Martins
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Fermain Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!